Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

7 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Yes I read it. Natural immunity from prior infection is longer lasting and more wide ranging than a double jab.

Why not redirect those vaccines to those in greater need of them?

Well, that's a fair point. Although evidence is limited. But I guess that means that you would support vaccinating those who haven't yet been infected?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Yes I read it. Natural immunity from prior infection is longer lasting and more wide ranging than a double jab.

Why not redirect those vaccines to those in greater need of them?

Why are you so against this vaccine? Please. Stop. Your bs helps no one.

• Like 2

Posts with oversized graphics have been reported and removed.  Continue and face a suspension.   Posts should be formatted to make them conform to the forum.   Twitter is not an acceptable source for information.  

On 7/27/2021 at 12:07 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In the U.S., there have been nutjob groups of anti-vax medical workers, mainly in Republican/Trump states like Texas and Florida AFAICT, who have been refusing and fighting their employers efforts to require that they be vaccinated.

Now today we have this:

Doctors, nurses and medical groups call for mandatory coronavirus vaccinations for health workers

The health and safety of the nation 'depends on it,’ says a statement signed by 57 groups.

"Medical groups representing millions of doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other health workers on Monday called for mandatory vaccinations of all U.S. health personnel against the coronavirus, framing the move as a moral imperative as new infections mount sharply.

“We call for all health care and long-term care employers to require their employees to be vaccinated against covid-19,” the American Medical Association, the American Nurses Association and 55 other groups wrote in a joint statement shared with The Washington Post. “The health and safety of U.S. workers, families, communities, and the nation depends on it.”

(more)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/26/mandatory-vaccinations-urged-health-workers/

Yep, the anti science Covid nut job Republicans are "owning the libs' one funeral at a time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, that's a fair point. Although evidence is limited. But I guess that means that you would support vaccinating those who haven't yet been infected?

On the other hand there is this:

COVID-19 antibody study shows downside of not receiving second shot
Recovering from COVID-19 doesn’t guarantee antibodies or confer immunity to re-infection, study found

“Our study shows that prior exposure to SARS-CoV-2 does not guarantee a high level of antibodies, nor does it guarantee a robust antibody response to the first vaccine dose. For people who had mild or asymptomatic infections, their antibody response to vaccination is essentially the same as it is for people who have not been previously exposed

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2021/08/covid-19-antibody-study-shows-downside-of-not-receiving-second-shot/

So just having antibodies acquired through infection, is no guarantee of adequate immunity. For large scale immunization programs, determining the antibody levels for each prospective patient, is just too unwieldy.  Better to get a standardized dose.

Edited by placeholder

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here we go again.

OPENVAERS.COM is a private Anti-Vaccine organization recognized for its efforts in scare mongering and the miss representation of data from the official VAERS database.

The people behind and funding of this misinformation organization attempt to remain hidden, though thankfully the press are on the case.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Bay-Area-woman-openers-site-covid-vaccines-16383086.php

https://www.logically.ai/articles/california-woman-anti-vax-site-openvaers

OPENVAERS.com is an anti-vaccine misinformation site.

Right the VAERS are probably over reported since no verification or filter of any kind

so if you take only the fully vaccinated in the USA,  so this is conservative 169,592,873

and use all the reported adverse effects with no filtering, so also conservative 14,500

14500/169,592,873 x 100 gives the percent of reported adverse affects so simply the number of adverse affects that came after the vaccine that people reported. Some will of course be unrelated but no matter include them all.

14500/169,592,873 x 100 = 0.00854988758%

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Please show a link proving vaccines have cost millions of lives. Otherwise, don't put up misinformation. It helps no one. Terrible .

You're totally wrong about Israel. Where do you get your information from?

It's not misinformation, we've gone down the vaccine path and we have 4.6 million dead. The question rather is if those 4.6 million would have happened with or without the vaccinations.

Israel has had a world-leading uptake of vaccinations, with over 80% of adults having had two shots of the vaccine and yet has seen record numbers of Covid deaths despite the vaccine, this is totally wrong? Are you not following the news then?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/31/israel-registers-record-daily-coronavirus-cases

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

If virtually everyone in the USA who could be vaccinated was vaccinated, the Covid pandemic would long be over.

This is fantastic misinformation. Since studies have shown that the vaccines only provide 49% protection against the D variant it is very obvious that vaccinations do not prevent mass spread of the virus, as indeed we have seen with Israel, a country where 80% of adults received two doses, yet which still saw record number of cases.

How can you possibly make such a statement that the pandemic would be over if everyone had the vaccine? That's what we hoped for, but it looks very clearly like that is not the case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

The problem is you read things and copy and paste them but you don't actually understand them. The mRNA vaccine leads the cells of the body to produce the viral protein, it's a spike protein, but it's very much the viral protein. It's a protein and it's part of the SARS Cov2 virus, hence why medical professionals call it the "viral protein". Nothing I posted is in any way contradicted by your copy and paste.

And you have spectacularly missed and failed to understand the point about safety that I was making, which is that the mRNA vaccine gets the cells in our body to produce the viral protein. So the question is not how long do mRNA and spike proteins last in the body. Rather, since our body's cells themselves are fooled by the mRNA vaccine to produce the viral protein, the question is if the body's cells, once armed with the knowledge of how to produce the viral protein, will in years down the line produce the viral protein ten, twenty years down the line.

Neither you, nor anybody in the world, currently has knowledge of whether or not that will happen.

So before you arrogantly claim you understand things which you obviously don't, maybe make an effort to understand the points actually being made, rather than strawmen points you came up with.

There is nothing arrogant about saying I understand high school biology.

Again your paragraphs above are hopelessly meddled.

You confound the virus and viral proteins and the method by which the cells are induced to produce the spike protein.

You either have not read or have not understood the information I referred you to.

Again " once armed with the knowledge of how to produce the viral protein" the virus has not been armed with knowledge.

No matter how hard you rage you are still completely wrong.

"The mRNA vaccine leads the cells of the body to produce the viral protein, it's a spike protein, but it's very much the viral protein" again you misunderstand it is "a viral protein" and it can't cause the disease.

"So the question is not how long do mRNA and spike proteins last in the body." That is exactly the question; the mRNA is needed to make the spike protein. The cell doesn't "know how to produce the viral protein", The mRNA is necessary to cause the cell to make the spike protein.

I am not insulting you, you are repeatedly displaying the incredible misunderstanding and anthropomorphism ("our body's cells themselves are fooled ...  once armed with the knowledge of how to produce the viral protein").

I am not arrogant at all, i said from the beginning if you took a bit of time you would understand these basics.

it is not extraordinary that anyone understands these basics, what is extraordinary is how badly you have misunderstood this. And also it is extraordinary how hard you rage.

$14.99 on Amazon:

Biology Made Easy: An Illustrated Study Guide For Students To Easily Learn Cellular & Molecular Biology

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=idiots+guide+to+biology&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

This is just what you need.

Edited by cdemundo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanomazu said:

It's not misinformation, we've gone down the vaccine path and we have 4.6 million dead. The question rather is if those 4.6 million would have happened with or without the vaccinations.

Israel has had a world-leading uptake of vaccinations, with over 80% of adults having had two shots of the vaccine and yet has seen record numbers of Covid deaths despite the vaccine, this is totally wrong? Are you not following the news then?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/31/israel-registers-record-daily-coronavirus-cases

The data from Israel is consistent with data from elsewhere around the world.

The unvaccinated are at significantly higher risk of serious illness, hospitalization and death from COVID.

Israel’s data confirms vaccines are safe and effective.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

There is nothing arrogant about saying I understand high school biology.

Again your paragraphs above are hopelessly meddled.

You confound the virus and viral proteins and the method by which the cells are induced to produce the spike protein.

You either have not read or have not understood the information I referred you to.

Again " once armed with the knowledge of how to produce the viral protein" the virus has not been armed with knowledge.

No matter how hard you rage you are still completely wrong.

"The mRNA vaccine leads the cells of the body to produce the viral protein, it's a spike protein, but it's very much the viral protein" again you misunderstand it is "a viral protein" and it can't cause the disease.

"So the question is not how long do mRNA and spike proteins last in the body." That is exactly the question; the mRNA is needed to make the spike protein. The cell doesn't "know how to produce the viral protein", The mRNA is necessary to cause the cell to make the spike protein.

I am not insulting you, you are repeatedly displaying the incredible misunderstanding and anthropomorphism ("our body's cells themselves are fooled ...  once armed with the knowledge of how to produce the viral protein").

I am not arrogant at all, i said from the beginning if you took a bit of time you would understand these basics.

it is not extraordinary that anyone understands these basics, what is extraordinary is how badly you have misunderstood this. And also it is extraordinary how hard you rage.

It looks like you're trying to overcompensate for having been shown to be wrong. I do not "confound" virus and viral proteins" in the slightest, the spike protein is a viral protein, and that is what it is called on the world's largest medical library.

Again you miss the point I made spectacularly. I did not say "the virus has been armed with knowledge". The point rather was that the mRNA vaccine gets the cells in our body to produce the viral protein, and since cells have the information of what the viral protein looks like, thanks to the mRNA vaccine, this raises the question of whether the cells will at a later date start producing the viral protein. Neither you nor anybody else knows if that can or will happen, because mRNA vaccines are only widely used since 2005 and for Covid19 since 2021.

Most grievously you clearly fail to understand that the mRNA is needed to make the viral protein only at the beginning, before the body's cells have for the first time encountered the virus or the mRNA. However, once the mRNA is administered it in fact leads the body's cells themselves to produce the viral protein since thanks to the mRNA they have the ability to do so.

This is the key issue, and it raises the question of whether the body's cells can later start producing the viral protein years down the line. You do not have any information or data on this, nor does anybody.

Yes, the mRNA is necessary at the start to make the viral protein, but only then, thereafter the cells have the RNA information they need to produce the viral protein, which is what they do. That is why it is called mRNA, ie Messenger RNA, the message has been delivered, the information is there, the cells can then proceed to produce the viral protein, it's not the mRNA producing the viral protein. It's only the messenger. It's the cells in our body themselves, once given the RNA information that produce the viral protein that leads to antibodies.

You think the mRNA is necessary to make the viral protein. However, that is only the case at the outset. Once the RNA message is delivered it is the cells themselves that produce the viral protein once they have the RNA information.

I have misunderstood nothing. I understood the basics. However you do not understand the mRNA is only required at the start to trigger the cells to produce the viral protein, however, once the message is delivered it is the cells of the body that produce the viral protein. It's not the mRNA, it's only the messenger for the RNA information. It's the cells in our body that then produce the viral protein once they have the RNA information.

There is no data on how the cells behave after 10 years once they have been given the RNA information. You don't have it. Nobody does.

Edited by Tanomazu
  • Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

We’ll there you go again, misrepresenting the facts.

Israel’s experience with the Delta variant is that those are vaccinated are very much less likely to become seriously ill, hospitalized or die from the disease than those who are not vaccinated.

Your 49% is a simplification of this fact.

Go look at the data for people who are not vaccinated.

I'm not misrepresenting facts at all. You are misrepresenting my posts as misrepresentations. In fact 49% is not a "simplification".

"The researchers estimated that two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine are 49% effective at preventing infection with the delta variant, in line with recent data from Israel and much lower than previous estimates."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/08/04/fully-vaccinated-half-as-likely-to-catch-delta-covid-variant-and-less-likely-to-infect-others-study-finds/?sh=2b206a12281c

So those vaccinated are 0.49 times less likely to be infected. Mortality rate is still 1.4% globally.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1