Thailand reports record high of 17,669 new COVID-19 cases and 165 deaths

webfact

ASEAN-NOW_breaking-news-800.jpg

Thailand on Thursday (July 29) reported 17,669 new COVID-19 cases and 165 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

● 17,408 new infections
● 261 prison / prison infections

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 561,030 with 4,562 deaths. 

(Total infections since April 1: 532,167)

The news comes as US Senator Tammy Duckworth revealed last night that the US government planned to provide 2.5 million doses of vaccine to Thailand. 

The Thai-American lawmaker told a webinar on Thai-US relations on 27 July that as part of the Biden Administration’s pledge to provide vaccines to developing countries, Thailand would receive 2.5 million. The seminar was organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ International Studies Center, East West Center in Washington DC and the Royal Thai Embassy.

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, robblok said:

Yet you still got the barflies defending the underground bars with they have done nothing wrong. Some people really have blinders on. Its getting worse and worse and these people are just helping the spread. Such irresponsible people should be deported if they are caught twice (repeat offenders)

Are foreigners doing this?  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Pattaya/Banglamung 228 I believe that is a new high and the highest in Chonburi.

These numbers here may seem not that large if you just look at each day.  Add them up and it is in the thousands just over the past few weeks.  

Where are they?  I do not know but it seems there are many ambulances driving around the city.

I have also seen a few pull up to condos, the occupants getting out in full PPE waiting at the van for someone to come out.

Read and comprehend the daily stats.timelines.Most seem to be family and workplace connections

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Interestingly Japan with around 40% fully vaccinated is saying it's going to take at least 1 yr. to fully bring under control. Japan is vaccinating mainly with mRNA I think but also AZ. Mr. Empty Head says within 2 months with around 6% fully vaccinated and a large % of these would be double dose Sinovac.

Mr. Empty Head should start telling the truth about what they can do and what they need to do.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Anutin believes that crowd control at Bang Sue is impossible.The second most powerful politician in Thailand admitting defeat at a single vaccination site doesn't shine much of glowing light on his abilities and his ability to show he cares about the situation.

You mean the sheen and luster has worn off from the veneer coating that was painted on by this government to gloss over the issues at hand regarding covid.  One would think that if they could stop all reporting and such on the Covid spread here they would try harder than they are at suppressing the media and social networks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes they are you see that in the newspapers. Sure Thais do it too but you can't deport someone from their own country. Thais just get fined.

It's bad enough they don't wear masks, and go to their secret parties and bar meetups. They also find it necessary to draw immense attention to themselves. For instance, at a new Taco Bell. Still waiting for him to be deported.

• Haha 1

1. Vaccination seems the only hope ... yet I don't think they have even ordered sufficient vaccines yet ... I cannot even guess their game plan.

2. A lot of upcoming vaxing (with the gifted Pfizer and their own A-Z) will be the re-vaxing of the Sinovac-vaccinated, not new people.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Pretty sure a lot of these cases will not be counted or retested. They don't want the numbers to look any higher. Every time new heights are there the PM looks bad and we can't have that can we.

There's often a mile of difference between what they SAY they're going to do, and what they ACTUALLY do....

• Like 2