Has Thaksin finally found a way of returning to Thailand ‘through the front door’?

webfact

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

Yes, and virtually all relating to his ownership and disposal of AIS.   The whole point with Thaksin, is that whilst he obviously made sure that his own interests were being served, he was also passionate about bettering the lives of ordineary Thai, be that through health provision to education.   His desire to change the patriarchal nature of Thai society brought about his downfall as was independently wealthy and not reliant on favours from anybody.   Of course, the old card of anti institution was played to the masses.

So yes he was corrupt (cake box incent anyone). Now I remember the Thaksin days and the guy lied as much as the current PM. So i rather have someone else. Not him. The future forward guy they should make him eligible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Almost alll brought exclusively by a military junta. 

Did you see the Administrative Court verdict that overturned Yingluck's sentence for the rice pledging scheme a couple of weeks ago? 

I did do you remember how her two minions are still in jail for fake G2G deals while she chaired it. You must be smart enough to realize that either she was stupid or incompetent or was in on it. 

Just to add old fatty was cleared too.. and I don't for a moment believe the story about the watches.

Just shows you that there is a difference between being guilty and convicted.

Edited by robblok
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

"over my dead body" some rulers in some countries were saying.

Their death was usually prolonged by lengthy hospitalisation and even hiding their ill health and death from public.

For thaksin it's just a figure of speech. Probably he will die or not be able to travel before the present thai ruler kicks the bucket.

For younger generation, like his children, there is a chance of coming back and having some glory from his father. But

in political world it doesn't mean much, important are their ideas and actions

37 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

As corrupt as he was, nothing he ever did remotely compares to the gross neglect, malfeasance, sabotage and destruction of the current wrecking crew and Prayuth. Thaksin is a saint by comparison. 

I am not sure i can agree,this happened under his watch.

Widow Sitirokayah Salaeh visits the cemetery in Tak Bai where her late husband Mahamad Lohbako is buried together with other anti-government demonstrators who died during the 2004 Tak Bai incident, in Narathiwat, Thailand, on Oct 24, 2019.PHOTO: AFPWidow Sitirokayah Salaeh visits the cemetery in Tak Bai where her late husband Mahamad Lohbako is buried together with other anti-government demonstrators who died during the 2004 Tak Bai incident, in Narathiwat, Thailand, on Oct 24, 2019.

Edited by jvs
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

Why, because of some land and rice deals paling in comparison to what the junta does with the country? Make no mistake, this is still a military regime. One can only dream of the freedoms of expression enjoyed under Thaksin compared to now. Society was vocal and developing. Today everything's killed, imprisoned, ridiculed that's against the chosen few. There is not much left of the Thailand I once respected, enjoyed and loved.

Thaksin let his red shirts and MiB do the dirty work... 

24 minutes ago, pegman said:

You may recognize kangaroo courts as legit but I I for one don't.

How about looking at the facts? Many of the facts are public knowledge.

Remember: If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Hoe does not understand it but on the other hand most people in government in Thailand think they are above the law. 

Sadly they are in most cases, especially if they're part of the old elite. Thaksin's upstarts with little old money/royalist/army connections can sometimes get taken down but no one from the old elite has ever been taken down other than a few minor scapegoats.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

He certainly wasn't Mr. Clean and some of the members of his and YL's cabinets were some of the most unsavory characters ever to disgrace a Thai government but to know exactly what Thaksin was guilty of based on the junta's court cases against him is IMO impossible since we all know that the judicial system in Thailand is ......."different".

Yes but its always been like this on YL her side she had a murderer as a MP and on the junta side they had the heroin smuggler. What did both sides do attack the criminal on the other side while protecting their own criminal. 

I mean do you really want to choose between that. Kinda like choosing to be ruled by Putin or Xi  jingpin

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

You're assuming Thaksin was ever able to tell the army what to do and IMO your assumption is wrong.

I disagree but then lets agree to disagree. I am not saying he had the army under control but he also did not try very hard to do anything about it. Anyway you seem to feel in general like me that both sides are utterly corrupt and have really bad people in their camp. So why choose either.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Dont forget the war on drugs with so many innocent victims was also done under his watch. Sure not him alone but he is responsible too. People seem to look at things so one sided.

Choosing between Thaksin and the Junta is like choosing to be hanged or shot. 

Future forward guy would be nice his crimes were really just made up unlike those of Thaksin.

There you have it in a nutshell.

I am no fan of either but I see a lot more being achieved under the junta - ie roads etc

In Thaksin vs the Junta it is a case of the better of two evils.......... not sure which way that would drop. One thing is for certain whatever happens will ONLY happen if those with the utmost power/money want it to happen.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, jvs said:

I am not sure i can agree,this happened under his watch.

Widow Sitirokayah Salaeh visits the cemetery in Tak Bai where her late husband Mahamad Lohbako is buried together with other anti-government demonstrators who died during the 2004 Tak Bai incident, in Narathiwat, Thailand, on Oct 24, 2019.PHOTO: AFPWidow Sitirokayah Salaeh visits the cemetery in Tak Bai where her late husband Mahamad Lohbako is buried together with other anti-government demonstrators who died during the 2004 Tak Bai incident, in Narathiwat, Thailand, on Oct 24, 2019.

Perpetrated by the Thai Army. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 1