Thai police detain man over death of Swiss tourist

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Innocent until proven guilty?

That's what I would have thought but there is this.

"In Phuket, we have good news. It's finished," police chief Suwat Jangyodsuk told reporters.

Then again he's called a suspect so it's finished apart from the legal bit they haven't done yet.

Hope that clears things up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harada said:

Just saw the cctv pic, If I had just committed murder I don’t think that I would pull up on the wrong side of the road and look up at a cctv camera located high on a post, a bit sus.

Unless he was on drugs at the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kimamey said:

That's what I would have thought but there is this.

"In Phuket, we have good news. It's finished," police chief Suwat Jangyodsuk told reporters.

Then again he's called a suspect so it's finished apart from the legal bit they haven't done yet.

Hope that clears things up.

Cops all around the world usually quit looking when someone confesses.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Remarkable how quickly the police can catch someone…..

If it wasn't for CCTV how many true crimes would be solved? 

Also, if all Thai criminals had 2 brain cells between them they'd be geraniums. ????

So many don't look for CCTV cameras or if they actually do spot them, many will then try to cover their faces or destroy the camera.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

i am surprised ,   a native of Phuket and not Myanmar ....

MSN Thailand today said Myanmar man, they quickly gave he the Thai nationality if confess the crime ?

Edited by BE88

2 hours ago, harada said:

Just saw the cctv pic, If I had just committed murder I don’t think that I would pull up on the wrong side of the road and look up at a cctv camera located high on a post, a bit sus.

Looked more like he was on the way to the waterfall. He looks too neat and tidy for someone who had just committed such a crime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'm a bit surprised to see some of the responses here. They had him on CCTV, so they knew who to look for and who to question. Reportedly he's the son of a former village headman with a drug problem. Contrary to earlier reports, they didn't just grab the nearest migrant worker.

I'm inclined to say this might have been decent police work, and I'm very critical of the police here in general. But let's see what further details will emerge.

drug user  .......  enough said ..:coffee1:

• Like 1

She was Swiss diplomatic and the pressure is great... So they have to find the real man and now the got him and they will make the evidence against him as they did with the Koh Tao murders of Myanmar.  The question for me still remains... Is the the real one or is it a scapegoat. Knowing the disability of the RTP and the public pressure from Switzerland I think.................

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

52 minutes ago, frankie machine said:

so, are you saying she deserved to be raped and murdered because she does not fit your mold of "innocence"?

what a crazy comment!

Perhaps I didn’t explained correctly.

I say that the face of the criminal is not shown because someone says that he is innocent until proven guilty.  And I show the face of the innocent woman who has been cruelly raped and murdered.

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

For many a year this kind of behaviour was quite the norm in holiday destinations around Thailand. This pathetic sexual deviant an oxygen thief not only raped her but had to kill her. Not many people get away with murder although a bigger majority get away with rape. I will never understand why these murdering rapists think by killing their victim they will get away with this Evil Deed. He gets convicted, he gets sentenced, and leaves the Carnage behind for her family and friends to suffer.

Personally, I prefer the barbaric touch and torture the Barsteward to DEATH !!!

Edited by ScotBkk

2 hours ago, LiamB80 said:

They got him on cctv driving his motorbike in the area, he confessed and he’s covered in wounds that would appear to be from a woman trying to fend him off. He’s not a clever criminal, he’s a junkie who committed an impulse crime and left evidence all over the place.

These criminals do not tend to think things through . 

They are usually found hiding in their Uncles house in the next village with their motorbike parked outside 

• Like 1