Absolutely no mention of foreigners as Pfizer vaccine rollout begins

webfact

This is a ridiculous story. As far as my undependable command of Thai allows me, the original article only makes mention of medical personnel and Thai students going abroad. The article doesn't mention the rest of Thais who might be eligible for inoculation.. But for some reason that fact that it doesn't mention the comparatively small number of foreigners is significant?

• Haha 1

"because of the temperature storage needs of this vaccine it could only be done at certain hospitals so would not be available everywhere."

That looks like their get out clause to me. Living in the countryside I won't  be holding my breath. If I am fortunate enough to get a vaccination any time soon then I'll give thanks and eat humble pie and somtum with plaa . Hell, I'll even invest in a lottery ticket.

5 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Why students studying abroad? Because they are the children of HiSos? Where they are going they can get walk in vaccines regardless of nationality!

Does it say anywhere reqardless of nationality? Maybe this policy is based on the belief that it's good for Thailand to have some of its students educated abroad?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Agreed!!! Never ever should anyone take these people for their word let alone a signed contract. If you are one of the defenders of Thailand and want to believe in what these people say and/or invest your money here you are free to do so. You are also free to keep your opinions to yourself about my personal feelings and better judgement!!! 

I's a pity you didn't take advantage of that freedom and not share your personal feelings and judgement with the rest of us in the first place.

Edited by placeholder
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Why students studying abroad? Because they are the children of HiSos? Where they are going they can get walk in vaccines regardless of nationality!

Because if you want to travel internationally and not be subject to quaratines you have to have a "recognized" vaccine, not Sinovac or Thai AZ

• Like 2

My wife finally has her appointment for the vaccine tomorrow and she is sh*t*ng bricks to get AZ.  I have told her AZ must have much less risk of complications than catching C19. The media scare campaigns about clots and dying seem to have worked their magic in regards to scaring people. Her parents in Korat who are both early 70's are still waiting and she has just registered them for Sinopharm at a cost. So it isn't only foreigners left in the vaccine void. I'm still waiting for a registration to actually lead to a vaccine appointment. I will be heading back to the UK in October so its likely I won't be heading back as a vaccinated traveller, which is a bummer but I will get mine there, even if it is at cost. I imagine they will gladly encourage vaccinations to reduce risk of spreading to the local populous.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

thailandintervac website had sign-ups for vaccinations with appointment given out immediately.

Early sign-ups only get Astrazeneca but later sign-ups had a choice of Pfizer or Az.

Anyone could register (over 60 or with health concerns) , myself and a few mates in Pattaya have bookings for vaccination.

Not 100% accurate about registering and receiving appointments immediately through that website. I registered successfully according to the website and have yet to hear back from them in regards to an appointment time or date and I noted other posters with a similar experience as mine. Probably (hopefully) it's because the registration administrators of the thai intervac website are prioritising over 60's and at risk groups, which is fair enough, but I will be grateful once I become eligible. 

11 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

My wife finally has her appointment for the vaccine tomorrow and she is sh*t*ng bricks to get AZ.  I have told her AZ must have much less risk of complications than catching C19. The media scare campaigns about clots and dying seem to have worked their magic in regards to scaring people. Her parents in Korat who are both early 70's are still waiting and she has just registered them for Sinopharm at a cost. So it isn't only foreigners left in the vaccine void. I'm still waiting for a registration to actually lead to a vaccine appointment. I will be heading back to the UK in October so its likely I won't be heading back as a vaccinated traveller, which is a bummer but I will get mine there, even if it is at cost. I imagine they will gladly encourage vaccinations to reduce risk of spreading to the local populous.

Tell her my  Mother has had  both jabs of AZ...........shes 93  no side  efects  at  all.

5 hours ago, kickstart said:

Can I ask, how these foreigners know that this vaccine was available at this hospital ,they must have pre-registered ,are they all Bangkok people .Thanks   

I registered July 30, confirmed Sunday, will get jabbed Friday. All straight forward

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Interesting to see if the Expatvac in the provinces wil provide Pfizer , if anything, although have yet to see confirmation of appointments from anyone yet?

I confirmed in other discussions that I have a confirmation for the Pfizer at Medpark!  A friend called to confirm he was there bright and early this morning at MedPark said he got the Pfizer a bit hectic but he was done by Noon on the road heading back to Pattaya.

5 hours ago, kickstart said:

Can I ask, how these foreigners know that this vaccine was available at this hospital ,they must have pre-registered ,are they all Bangkok people .Thanks   

Prior to Aug 1st the first day of registration it was all over Asean the past week discussion a number of articles was how to sign up guess you were in self quarantine????? prior to Aug 1st I never bother for good reason many who did got disappointment because the website didn't work but this time it sounded positive so I gave it a try and bingo!

31 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Incredible how so many people are embracing the "Pfizer" hype. Wait for a couple more months and magic bullet Pfizer will have been downgraded to nearly the level of other available covid vaccines.

Predisposed conditioning and the usual dumbing down.

Not a failsafe.

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I have zero confidence in the Thais.

And I have zero confidence in Uncle Sam. As for the Thais, they gave me my first jab of AstraZeneca on the 28th of June and have me scheduled for my next one on the 20th of September....and for that I am grateful.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Talk to a guy spent 2 1/2 hours getting jabbed today at MedPark and said he saw no Thais in line, only expats from many countries.

5EDB5441-E665-4663-AD10-3A1EC1C98B26.thumb.jpeg.b0d7072ce522123ff175b316f7b89f8a.jpeg

A lot of underlying conditions seem to have reared their ugly heads in a hurry.