Expatvac Bad News

RubbaJohnny

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Your not suggesting Pfizer is as bad as Sinovac, when reading the link, it reports that it is right up there when it comes to protecting one from hospitalisation and severe illness, 39% effective of getting the disease isn't that big of a deal in my opinion, it's keep us out of hospitals and getting severely ill.

Will gladly take my chances with Pfizer and have Moderna as my booster next year as opposed to taking Sinovac or AZ thank you very much.

I agree, Your chances are much better with Pfizer , but really all of them are good on preventing death. I travel back to USA in 6 weeks and will be getting Moderna

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 2:44 PM, john thom said:

Just received exactly same notice today <deleted>-  didn't see any place to attach my non imm. O  based on retirement-

Me too, was only able to upload my passport, refused because I didn't supply visa info.

• Like 1

Just now, jak2002003 said:

You know not everybody lives in Pattaya don't you?

I am in Chiang Mai. 

Good to know that some people got appointments though. 

I got the impression some other posters seem to be confusing 'you application was successful' with 'you will definitely get a vaccination on such and such a date.'. 

Hope to hear from anyone that has actually been given an appointment date here in CM. 

My reply was not special for CM, as it was more in defense that not ALL have bad experience with that expatvac site , i think it is just because logistic planning and deep red zones first , CM shall get it too i am sure , a few days ago also we in Pattaya thought we would be at the tail ...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I'm talking about the 90 day reporting. I use MS Egde as the site plays up with other browsers I use. Also Krungsri bank online plays up in Chrome but not Firefox (or vice versa). 

I thought thought you were simply talking about browsers.

I do my 90 day report in person as I go to Kamphaeng Phet once a month anyway for a bulk shopping trip.

Kbank, BBK bank and Wise all work well for me on Opera and Edge is the last of a poor batch of browsers and I rarely, if ever use it.

7 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Yes, Prachuap Khiri Khan. 

Was just asking because a few guys in Isaan have been having trouble finding a vaccine or not getting a reply from Expatvac or been declined due to the "visa issue", and wanted to say Bangkok Hospital in Khon Kaen is giving appointments online for Pzifer, AZ and the famous Sinovac, but you have better chances down your way then up here to get a vax.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Have you had the jab yet ?

Been trying for 6 months registered on 3 sites, Done with the BS. Would have taken 2 jabs of AZ. Flying back to USA for holidays and will get both jabs of Moderna while I am there 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, club said:

Been trying for 6 months registered on 3 sites, Done with the BS. Would have taken 2 jabs of AZ. Flying back to USA for holidays and will get both jabs of Moderna while I am there 

Stay safe in the meantime my friend-

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, club said:

If I'm not mistaken, your about the same distance as me from Khon Kaen.

This might be worth a try for getting on board:

https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/index_vaccine.php

If you do decide you want Pfizer you can get it here, or AZ which can be booked about 3 weeks earlier than Pfizer.

I got a confirmation my application was success for 12 September for Pfizer, although I could have got AZ earlier.

If you go on, note to the right are the vaccines you can chose, when filling in the app, if you don't have a middle name put in n/a.

The catch is you have to be over 60 or under 60 with an underlying condition. If you fit either, you got nothing to lose and depending on how long your in the states, use Moderna as a booster next year, that is my plan.

Let me know how you go, all of the above said, I still have to wait for my email confirmation, noting it does say for residents of Khon Kaen and surrounding provinces. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, american said:

I also applied to Expatvav on Aug.2. I received my "acceptance" on aug. 3. I have had no reply since then. My Thai friend copied and attached my documentation as I do not know how to do those functions. My passport page was copied as well as the only page that showed my O visa. I did not provide my retirement extension, as it is not a visa. The application form requested  my visa. No mention was made in the application for my retirement extension. If they wanted "retirement status", that is what they should have aked for, but they didn't. I think the application form should have mde it clearer what they wanted: my visa or retirement status, or both? That issue was confusing. I am American, 80 years old, with underlying health condition: coronary heart disease. That documentation was provided.  Another reader posted a phone # for contacting Expatvav: 02 572 8442. I called and pressed # 9 for English. A rep came on and spoke good English. BUT he said he had no way to verify my application status. I live in udon Thani and he suggested that being in an outer lying province from Bangkok he thought it was taking longer for arrangements to be made for vaccine transfer and vaccination appointments to get made. His only suggestion was for me to wait longer for an appointment for vaccination. He had no information on applictions or their current status. No abiity to access status of accepted applications (or rejections) is, in my opinion, a flaw in that system. Other readers replies about their receiving "rejections" due to visa issues, also seems to point to other system flaws. I continue to wait, as contacting Expatvac at their phone # provided no answers to the status of my accepted application. 

i suggest Expatvac aplicants within driving distance to Khon Kaen consider contacting Bangkok hosp. in Khon kaen and consider applying to receive vaccination there. I did that as an alternative option, since the rep representing Expatvac could provide no status of my accepted, but in limbo status (?), of my accepted Ecpatvac application. Bangkok hosp offers multiple selections of vaccines, depending on your circumstances: I chose Pfixer based on my elegibility due to my age and heart condition. My application was accpted and i am going to call and confirm my appt. date of Sept 12 between 11-12 noon. I have not received any emailor sms response since my application was submitted yesterday. I will update when I have any Expat, or Bangkok hosp in khon Kaen, additional response or confirmtion, etc.

For me to get to the hospital from rural Kamphaeng Phet is about 500km one way and a 2 day plus one overnight trip. Not so much of a problem for me at 77, but a <deleted> for my wife, who at 56 will be doing the driving.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, david555 said:

My reply was not special for CM, as it was more in defense that not ALL have bad experience with that expatvac site , i think it is just because logistic planning and deep red zones first , CM shall get it too i am sure , a few days ago also we in Pattaya thought we would be at the tail ...

The American Consulate in CM sent this message this morning: "Health Alert: Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office has begun sending out appointment notifications for Pfizer vaccines via phone call, email, or SMS message to non-Thai citizens (August 18, 2021)". Then it says that you should register at Chiang Mai Wall if you have not yet done that (even though you registered at expatvac).

More: If you declined an appointment from Chiang Mai Wall or registered there after August 17th, you should send email to " [email protected] . The subject line of your email should be “Data Clarification: Surname, Given Name” and you should include the following information in the body of your email:

1.     Given name

2.     Surname

3.     Date of birth (DDMMMYYYY ex. 21Aug1953)

4. 13 digit registration number that you received after registering with the Wall of Chiang Mai system (which should begin with the digits “600”) OR the ID number from your Thai identification card for foreigners (commonly known as a “pink card ”)

5.     Passport number

6.     Phone number

7.     Email Address 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

If I'm not mistaken, your about the same distance as me from Khon Kaen.

If you do decide you want Pfizer you can get it here, or AZ which can be booked about 3 weeks earlier than Pfizer.

I got a confirmation my application was success for 12 September for Pfizer, although I could have got AZ earlier.

If you go on, note to the right are the vaccines you can chose, when filling in the app, if you don't have a middle name put in n/a.

The catch is you have to be over 60 or under 60 with an underlying condition. If you fit either, you got nothing to lose and depending on how long your in the states, use Moderna as a booster next year, that is my plan.

Let me know how you go, all of the above said, I still have to wait for my email confirmation, noting it does say for residents of Khon Kaen and surrounding provinces. 

I have changed my mind on Pfizer from the news coming out of the US on how it has fallen against the Delta strain. 42%. Will still stop you from dying. If I got first dose of AZ today , second dose would be 12 weeks later. I will be in USA already getting Moderna. The timing doesn't work for me

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, club said:

I have changed my mind on Pfizer from the news coming out of the US on how it has fallen against the Delta strain. 42%. Will still stop you from dying. If I got first dose of AZ today , second dose would be 12 weeks later. I will be in USA already getting Moderna. The timing doesn't work for me

How high is the AZ vaccine against the Delta strain ?

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I thought thought you were simply talking about browsers.

I do my 90 day report in person as I go to Kamphaeng Phet once a month anyway for a bulk shopping trip.

Kbank, BBK bank and Wise all work well for me on Opera and Edge is the last of a poor batch of browsers and I rarely, if ever use it.

I hate it too. The only thing I use it for is the 90 day report. ????

I use Brave or Firefox for 99 pct of my stuff. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Have just registered for 12 Sep Pfizer. Ex Surin, some 280km away (which is nothing for an Aussie, though for half of it I'll be at the mercy of my b/f's driving aaaggghhhh).

Awaiting confirmation of booking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, club said:

Double mask, wash hands 10 times a day and stay away from people. I should be ok. Thank you. Stay safe also

Thought about going back to the states for shots. After figuring out airfair, staying with kids and friends for the time it would take to get double shots, and exchange rate ( thai back to u.s) decided to wait it out. 

• Like 1

Just awoken by my phone 0436

Another email from expatvac, succes I think , I've won the Vax Lottery ?

Alas just requestimg same info sent aready

Resent 

Sent registration confirmation by them again

Not sure if it's back to Futureworld or Groundhog Day, so it goes

Good luck folks, keep safe an actual vax of any sort is still not here .

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, club said:

I had issues with 4 or 5 sites as well Tried Bumrungrad in Bangkok on the 14th the 15th they contacted me with a appointment time of 9am the 17th. They offered AZ or Pfizer. It was very fast and very organized

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Oh dear another Thai IT **** up.

Bureaucracy rules over the health of the nation, pathetic.

In addition, Bangkok appears to rule over the health of everywhere else in LOS, given the relative ease of getting jabbed there (if a number of recent posts on this thread are to be believed) when compared to currently next-to-zero prospects generally speaking in the boonies, even in red-zone provinces.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

My assumptions (based on my professional experience) along with the opinions of many other people on here were correct if you care to follow up at the link below. For you to challenge me analytically when it comes to anything IT related (human or machine) is a battle you will NOT win.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1227849-expatvac-replies/

There you go (again) with the Thai stupid, farang all brainiacs vibe.  If there were never any IT cockups in the West, then you might have a point, but an example (and quite conveniently about another countries health system's IT):

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/18/nhs-records-system-10bn

£10bn and binned.  Maybe they got in outside contractors from Thailand to design the system?

But it would appear that a growing number of expats - even the technically challenged like me - have managed to successfully register.  And we have received notification of appointments.  And, in some cases, already been vaccinated.

{H

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I notice that many people lambast the system, how slow it is, how people from Bangkok are favored vs people from the sticks.

I would say: Let's be happy that the Thai government gives us the opportunity to get the vaccin, ... and then for free, gives us the possibility to choose which vaccin. The more, people in the Northeast can register at Bangkok Hospital (probably the best hospital in Thailand) in Khon Kaen and get an appointment right away.

For those who complain, think about it.

Edited by Dario
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1