Foreigners in Thailand vaxxed so far: Brits, French and Americans make top ten - just!

webfact

34 minutes ago, Saltire said:

So if this is correct there more than 4.9 million foreigners in Thailand?

You forget about the millions of foreign workers I think.  Those from Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Malaysia.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You forget about the millions of foreign workers I think.  Those from Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Malaysia.

No, not at all, my village is 70% Myanmar and Laos. I was alluding that the number surprised me. It's often quoted there are 3 Million migrant workers which woud mean 2 million additional foreigners.

Just seemed higher than I would expect.

Would be great if someone would produce a table of actual numbers by country?

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I'm 78 & registered through Intervac; Chamber of Commerce weeks ago BUT live in Pattaya.  It is newsworthy when any vaccine escapes the ringfence surrounding Bangkok and trickles into the ghost town formerly known as Pattaya.

Good luck Mike! As an aside, I lived in Patts from 2008 to about 2017 .. what are things like now? Is it truly a ghost town? I’m trying to imagine the place without international tourism it’s hard to get one head around it 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Of course its all about keeping the economy going these guys make money for rich Thais so that is why they got vaccinated. Also these people like you said are more likely to spread it so that was one reason too. 

And we know one Thai who owns one of the very large construction companies.
Work continued throughout most of the lockdowns without the appropriate measures that everybody else had to take.

It is good to see that they recently introduced a lot more measures for the Construction sites and workers.
However, much too late.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I can't help you but I hope to get vaccinated today through a chamber of commerce initiative. Hopefully it all goes through. But its hard to get a vaccine as a foreigner if your not over 60. So this went through friends as the chamber of commerce is not from my home country but my GF's. But my moderna that i ordered has been pushed to 2nd quarter. This is Pfizer that i get (will have to see). I was lucky as they prioritized people from the Chamber of commerce its nation. 

Smells like queue jumping to me. ☹️☹️

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chris.B said:

Smells like queue jumping to me. ☹️☹️

No queue jumping at all, they had doses allocated and I was free to sign up. All above board. Was people from SG first then other countries. Did see some other white skinned expats besides the Singaporeans. So i was not alone. All done above board did not bribe anyone. It was actually free (surprised me the most).

Just a lucky opportunity. In 3 weeks ill get my second shot. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1