Sinovac shot first then AstraZeneca yields better results than 2 shots of Sinovacs

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A Mix and Match approach in which a Sinovac vaccine shot is administered as the first jab, followed by AstraZeneca as the second jab yields better results against the Delta variant of the coronavirus than two doses of Sinovac, and the same efficacy as two doses of AstraZeneca with a shorter timespan, according to Thailand’s Medical Sciences Department (MSD) and Siriraj Hospital. 

Yeah okay... 

2 hours ago, tingtong said:

Somehow this option wasnt deemed best solution to vaccinate the medical staff... Pfeizer was used for that....why?

Another sales pitch to justify Sinovac...

Which was proven pretty uncertain to be good enough...refer to above fact regarding Pfeizer booster shot.

Medical staff are subjected to the virus all day every day . This means they require the best available protection .Not sure why you do not know that . I was made aware of the problem for medical staff from the media reports coming out from Wuhan in early 2020.

• Haha 1

Has Doctor Supakit had his two doses of mix and match somehow I get the feeling if asked it would fall on deaf ears or a shrug of the shoulders even the good doctor hasn’t got a clue of any long term affects it may have . It seems of late we are getting a lot of statements promoting mix and match is this a government ploy to try and convince people what a pity

that those in power didn’t have it on live TV but wait a minute they had the AZ I remember seeing the PM having his done I myself will stick to one vaccine as from experience I know if I have a whiskey followed by a vodka I will have a bad head the next day 

Edited by crazykopite

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I would also guess two shots of either AstraZeneca or Pfizer are also better than two shots of Sinovac - Now give us some useful information everyone has not already realised for themselves.

More useful? How about 2 shots of Sinovac followed by a AZ booster gives significantly higher antibodies than just (only) 2 jabs of AZ ? An ongoing Thai test/study has shown that.

Edited by oldcpu

7 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

More useful? How about 2 shots of Sinovac followed by a AZ booster gives significantly higher antibodies than just (only) 2 jabs of AZ ? An ongoing Thai test/study has shown that.

And what about three shots of AZ - where does it all end??? the point is Sinovac is below standard end of

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

And what about three shots of AZ - where does it all end??? the point is Sinovac is below standard end of

The problem with 3 AZ jabs is (1) no studies done yet by Thailand and (2) more important, Thailand can't get sufficient AZ.

So, let me guess...

they have a lot of Sinovac on hand now and,

hope to have some AZ later.

Do I have that right?

Seems like they're trying to sucker a desperate and gullible public into taking the first vax as SV?

Honestly, they have a new scheme every day.

And they keep pushing the AZ bubble (2nd doses for what, close to 10 million people with one dose of AZ) out farther.

This patchwork approach may look good in powerpoint presentations with a marginally intelligent Thai government audience, but once it hits reality it fails, spectacularly.

From the article:

The testing was done using the Plaque Reduction Neutralization Test on six groups of volunteers.

• The first group were those vaccinated with two doses of Sinovac.
• The second group were those vaccinate with two doses of AstraZeneca
• The third group were those vaccinated with Sinovac for the first dose and two doses of AstraZeneca
• The fourth group were those vaccinated with AstraZeneca as the first dose and then Sinovac.
• The fifth group were those vaccinated with two doses of Sinovac and Sinopharm as a third booster shot.
• The last group were those vaccinated with two doses of Sinovac and AstraZeneca as a third booster shot.

Size of groups, intervals? 

I think I'd trust a bar-stool "doctor" before any of these morons.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

A non peer reviewed Thai study. Hmm.

let’s see check back in 6 months time and see how the 2 sinovac with AZ booster works out in comparison to 2 AZ. No one actually knows yet.