Thai PM urged to review suspension of deal to buy 8.5 million China-made ATKs

webfact

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

In its letter, addressed to the prime minister yesterday (Thursday), Ostland Capital said that the terms of reference for the bid do not specify that the ATKs have to be endorsed by the WHO

Yeah, well now it appears, thankfully, they do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Ostland Capital, the firm which won the bidding to supply the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) with 8.5 million rapid antigen test kits (ATKs), worth almost 600 million baht, has asked Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to reconsider his instruction to the GPO that the ATKs must be approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).

Of course they have! Just take the deal and pay so that we get our money. If they hold the standard needed is not important. I suggest that he hold on to his order instead.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Denim said:

Sounds like a case of brown envelopes having already been issued but now the deal heading for the rocks and somebody out of pocket.

I think they will just sit on the fence until someone high up within WHO approves the antigen kits $$$ (knowing they are useless)

It worked with Sinovac 

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

What is it with the PM and China ! Submarines , Trains , vaccines and that’s just 3 things I’ve mentioned but the bill is billions of baht

All the purchases at the taxpayer's expense are as transparent as the Athamal glasses in the protective helmets of welders in daylight.