Twenty-one people arrested in Soi Buakhao area for allegedly gathering, drinking alcohol, and breaking Covid-19 rules

webfact

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Can have up to 5 people together, if no one is drinking.

Can only drink alone.

Those are the rules in Chonburi.

So, if the police catch me drinking in Chonburi with another person in my place, should I be deported?

Wow, was not aware of that & it's crazy rule that says it's ok for the 5 of you to sit there eating food/drinking non-alcoholic drinks together yet not ok to drink alcohol, but them's the rules so it's up to us to follow them or risk the consequencies. 

FWIW, I don't think you (or these guys) should be deported for a single offence but if people are repeatedly caught breaking the rules then I can see immigration making an example of somebody by deporting them.

As I understand it, Immigration can deport anybody convicted by the courts of a criminal offence as it breaches the terms of their permission to stay in Thailand, I'm not saying Immigration would or should in instances like this, I'm just saying that they could & might do so to set an example.

• Like 2

I'd say that there is a 55% Thai majority to foreigner ratio sitting there nightly.

So, my question is.... are thai girls just must faster?  They left in the dust 18 old guys.  The 3 that got caught must have been passed out drunk lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moo 2 said:

Stop wasting time arresting people having a drink, why not spend more time in vaccinating faster which is the solution in getting rid of the virus. Why vaccination is so slow in Thailand?   

The two.are not mutually exclusive. The whole point is to slow the spread of covid until vaccinations occur.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

They arrested mainly farangs and ignored the Thais who were also breaking rules on the principle that you can squeeze more money out of farangs.  Remember this is Pattaya Plod who have been strangling local businesses for years.

What has what others do got to do with breaking rules? Why even mentioning it? 

Was drinking there last april then it stopped I got out of thailand.

Why anybody stays in pattaya now beggers my belief, but if you choose you got to follow the rules.

Deport might effect an income support to a thai family athorities will factor this possiblity.

Now and in Lanzarote drinking eating in a bar last night so normal now everything opened but not as packed as before, slowly returning

"calls from 'concerned citizens'"... that sounds all too familiar for anyone originating from Austria, Germany etc. ????

Really sad to see that media & governments heated up fear and social divide even in the former 'land of the free', happy faces and social harmony, Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1