Thailand to receive 61 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine this year

snoop1130

56 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still scratching my head on this statement.  3 to 6 million a month.  4 months left and at the best 24 million doses to come still at the lowest 12 million doses.  How many have been delivered YTD so far from wither loans (Bhutan) donations (Japan), or sent from the UK by AZ itself.  Not sure how they can claim 61 million doses to be received by years end.

It would not surprise  me that due to an alarming level of  " vaccination hesitancy" in significant numbers of people in  many locations that it is possible that there are reserves of AZ  specifically that are becoming available due to impending "use by date" expiry ..An example may be seen in the  Bhutan exchange deal which ostensibly  involves only transportation costs set against returns of contracted forward orders to avoid a "use it or lose it" situation .

I am increasingly becoming  disgusted by the geopolitical endorsement or suppression of viable alternatives to minimize the impact of the "covid-19 pandemic" which has quickly manipulated populations to subscribe to the messaging of big money marketing and political adversity.

Not so different to "Coca Cola is better than Pepsi Cola! Is it? In the background  multiple "Colas" happily and successfully find a market. Ok. Maybe a poor analogy in some sense  but in reality , like colas, a vaccine of demonstrated  merit  big or small, is still a purposed vaccine to suit that purpose.

The usual  critics will ignore the fact that societies  and communities are  oblivious to the machinations politically applied to the lives they believe they live good or bad in result

Edited by Nojohndoe
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

No mention of the Moderna juice that was supposed to be delivered in Seotember or the 4th quarter?

Is this confirmation that this Private Hospitals Group destined batch is to slip backwards in 2022 or just journalistic oversight I wonder.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

"61 million doses of AZ bought by Thailand" has been announced numerous times this year.

This was back in January:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-16/how-thailand-got-caught-out-by-covid-19-second-wave/13017336

If Thailand can persuade AZ to sell some European-manufactured doses, the 61 million figure could in theory be possible.

I just read an article ( not in English, so I don't give the link ) , which says that in Israel, vaccinated with Pfizer, there a  is catastrophic peak of contaminated people ( 4 th in the world ) , and now they say that against Delta, Pfizer is not so good, and AZ is better 

If you read carefully they write Thailand to receive 61 million doses this year.....They dn't write Thailand will receive ANOTHER 61 million doses this year. I think at the end of the year the whole year was 61 million doses.. should fit with 5 - 6 mill doses a month

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand will receive 61 million doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine this year, a government spokesperson said on Monday, as the Southeast Asian country rushes to vaccinate its population amid a surge in coronavirus infections.

Almost enough for one each.... Wow.

10 hours ago, Pib said:

I would like to believe this....but can't.

I think it falls above the TAT and 7 billion Tourists coming from the rich Indians who have been in a plane waiting to land in an On Nut Sandbox “;0) As believable as Afghanistan will now become a democracy ran by intelligent and highly trained females 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still scratching my head on this statement.  3 to 6 million a month.  4 months left and at the best 24 million doses to come still at the lowest 12 million doses.  How many have been delivered YTD so far from wither loans (Bhutan) donations (Japan), or sent from the UK by AZ itself.  Not sure how they can claim 61 million doses to be received by years end.

when they keep saying it over and over they think it will happen 

interesting that the focus has turned away from sinovac - the penny has finally dropped

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Sounds fantastic. 120 million shots this year and 60 million shots next year. With a population of 66 million.

Cross check:

25.8 million shots administered to date in total. 5.71 million fully vaccinated.

About half of them vaccinated with AZ = about 13 million

AZ 61 million - AZ 13 million = 48 million would then have to appear in the last 4 months.

Where does the rest come from when AZ has increased the originally agreed 3 million to 6 million?

There are still 24 million left unexplained?

Or does Thailand want to completely confiscate the entire AZ production of 10 million per month?

Nevertheless, 7-8 million vaccination units would still be missing to reach 61 million. Without a detailed list, I am not convinced by what is being announced.

Screenshot_20210823-220419_Chrome.jpg

Your taking this statement from a Government Spokesman far too seriously. Its what's known as a SPIN that can never be traced back to the SPINNER. That said I too for a fleeting moment was taken in. 

This is good news, it will help create herd immunity faster. This will take pressure off the health care system, help people return to their normal lives and speed up economic recovery," government spokesperson Anucha Burapachaisri said in a statement.

so no need for Covid insurance and 14 nights quarantine, plus 3 PCR tests.

thats 65,000 saved.

4 hours ago, Aforek said:

I just read an article ( not in English, so I don't give the link ) , which says that in Israel, vaccinated with Pfizer, there a  is catastrophic peak of contaminated people ( 4 th in the world ) , and now they say that against Delta, Pfizer is not so good, and AZ is better 

All of the Western vaccines are EXCELLENT in protecting against hospitalization and death.  No vaccine prevents infection.  It keeps you from having a severe case....that's the point of the vaccine.  If you mistakenly assumed it was a "magic potion" that keeps everyone from being infected....there's a guy in Isaan selling magic lottery tickets you should call.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aforek said:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-may-be-superior-pfizer-against-delta-breakthrough-odds-rise-with-time-2021-08-09/

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The news that the doses would arrive sooner than expected followed a meeting between Thailand's Prime Minister, Prayuth Chan-ocha, and AstraZeneca chief executive Pascal Soriot, Anucha Burapachaisri said.

As I said .....  Khun Prayut Chan O Cha would come in and clean things up again ......   and I was right on the mark  !!

Good work by the PM in getting these vaccines earlier.  

• Haha 1