Anybody had a confirmed appointment with Expatvac?

giddyup

4 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Yes. Going tomorrow.  

It may depend on your age and where you live. Patience?

79 and living in Pattaya, does that mean I'm bottom of the list? Patience? It's only a year since the virus struck, so I guess another year won't hurt.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I believe that the appointment slots are being issued from the local hospitals and not expatvac, this was stated on one of the English language video updates a few days ago.

I received notice, along with 38 others, of an appointment at my local hospital ( Ayutthaya ) for vaccination from a regular email address ( not expatvac or a hospital etc ).

Others have quoted their appointments came via sms ,email or phone call.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

79 and living in Pattaya, does that mean I'm bottom of the list?

Of course not. If you registered and are on the list you are OK.

But you need to heed every phone call you get especially ones from unknow numbers. I missed my call and am only going tomorrow because I was in a restaurant with a guy when he got his call and I asked for the number. The next day I realized i had missed a call from that number late the previous day. My wife eventually called the local health authority, said I had missed a call and she was told send him on 25th.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

It may depend on your age and where you live. Patience?

That certainly seems to be the case and what Vaccine supplies the province you live in has. 

I've just been told to keep checking my email.

I can go to a private hospital in Phisanulok and pay which is what I may do because I'm told I will have to pay at my local hospital anyhow. 

I have already replied in a other  subject on the vaccine 

I was logged into the expatvac system 

Received a phone call 1000hrs Monday to report to a private hospital here in Chai Nat province appointment 1500hrs for the Pfizer vaccine 

There was 6 of us Westerners  who Received the vaccine next appointment 20th September

The system was very professionally carried out by the nursing staff 

A quality service provided and a big thank you  to them all

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

79 and living in Pattaya, does that mean I'm bottom of the list? Patience? It's only a year since the virus struck, so I guess another year won't hurt.

Try this site its how many of us have already received a vaccine.

ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand

Click on the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya link and follow through with the next buttons until you reach registration etc .....no visa photos nonsense to upload, was working well a few days ago.

You definitely qualify by age alone a priority.

Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I believe that the appointment slots are being issued from the local hospitals and not expatvac, this was stated on one of the English language video updates a few days ago.

I received notice, along with 38 others, of an appointment at my local hospital ( Ayutthaya ) for vaccination from a regular email address ( not expatvac or a hospital etc ).

Others have quoted their appointments came via sms ,email or phone call.

When did you receive notice and for when?

I, like many others, when I registered on  3rd of the month, was unable to   load  both my passport and visa  details.  My registration was accepted, b ut like many, I expected to get a rejection notice later.

Instead I got  advice   to my email address  PM  on 23rd,  telling me,,, and many more,  to attend Central  Shopping Mall in Korat   between 10am and 1pm   Tuesday 24th.

Went there, arrived  8.45am..   Long queue, mostly Thais. On the 4th floor.    Bit of a shambles at first, given a form to fill in,  all questions in Thai,  so did the best I could,  probably   told them Im pregnant, have dandruff, ingrown toenails, etc, as I ticked  Yes to everything.      2nd Dose of Sinophorm  being given, mainly Thais in that queue,  You had to write down on the numbered ticket you were given  did you want Pfizer.  Yes please.  Anyway, once sorted out, very quick.    Everything actually started at 10.10am, I was done and dusted by 10,52, had to sit  for 30 minutes and allowed to leave at 11.22am  Back later in September, same  time and place.  Need to take your passport and home address details.

11 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, hopefully they are heading north.

Yeah as I have said on other threads about Sukhothai when I booked at my local hospital they said they will give my wife a call when to come, as jabs are only being given to Thais first. 

So we were told wait for a call in September or October.

2 hours ago, dabhand said:

OP, you mentioned in an earlier topic that you had an appointment for a jab with BPH on the 24th August. Is that still an option for you?

Yes, had a jab of Pfizer today. Was given a choice of AZ or Pfizer. My question re  Expatvac was purely out of interest. Reason I chose Pfizer was because it's only 3 weeks to the second jab.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Interesting. Based on my limited knowledge I would take AZ if my second could be Phizer.

If I'd said I opted for AZ, would your first choice then be Pfizer?

No. If given a choice I would go for AZ first. Because I read that AZ>Phizer gives better protection than Phizer>AZ.  What is missing from my logic is AZ>AZ or Phizer>Phizer

I will have to have a look

But they are using different science to achieve the same thing.

I don't think I will be given a choice though.

Just now, VocalNeal said:

No. If given a choice I would go for AZ first. Because I read that AZ>Phizer gives better protection than Phizer>AZ.  What is missing from my logic is AZ>AZ or Phizer>Phizer

Well take what ever buddy because anything is better than nothing seeing that the Delta is worse and even with 2 jabs you can still get covid. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

You won't get that choice. The vaccines are the same for both jabs.

I'm pondering, what booster shot I should get in a few months after 2x Pfizer; AZ or Moderna?

• Like 2

Got an SMS last night that I have an appointment in Ubon, at Sappasit Hospital, this afternoon for my shot of Pfizer. Wish they could have done it at my district hospital instead of enduring the city traffic but beggars can’t be choosers !

• Like 1

I received my ExpatVac appointment at Samitivej in BKK by email last week and had my first dose of Pfizer last Thursday. This morning I received a phone call from Bumrungrad offering me Pfizer. I asked why they were calling, they said they got my number from ExpatVac. I am not sure why Bumrungrad didn't know I had already received the vaccine, since both communications were a result of ExpatVac (the only site I've been eligible to sign up at). In any case, as others have said, answer every call. 

9 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

I received my ExpatVac appointment at Samitivej in BKK by email last week and had my first dose of Pfizer last Thursday. This morning I received a phone call from Bumrungrad offering me Pfizer. I asked why they were calling, they said they got my number from ExpatVac. I am not sure why Bumrungrad didn't know I had already received the vaccine, since both communications were a result of ExpatVac (the only site I've been eligible to sign up at). In any case, as others have said, answer every call. 

Well I'm expecting 2 calls but my call came from the local hospital I registered with maybe I'll get a another call same you, I registered with Expatvax as well.

• Like 1