Video: Policeman charged with murder after torture/extortion of drug suspect shocks Thailand

webfact

8 hours ago, kuzmabruk said:

Wife says Thai media report the video is from CCTV cameras in the station and the young, rich, corrupt, insane police officer asked a subordinate to destroy all footage, which they didn’t do, and the doctor was told to lie on the death certificate, which he did do.  Both are sorry for their decisions.

Yes these honest subordinate police officers tried to report him and were ignored by the senior management because he was part of their clique. The honest officers (I think most police officers are honest) had to put it up on YouTube for anyone to take notice

• Like 1

"They suggested this looked like it might have happened before and that a wider investigation was needed into the police in Nakhon Sawan." 

Gee...Do ya think???

Edited by DBath

"Thai prime minister Prayuth Chan-ocah is furious about the case and had ordered immediate action to protect the image of the police."

Damage control and....he's really only furious about loss of face...

2 hours ago, katana said:

Video, of police searching his house in Ram Intra district BKK, with his swimming pool and cars on display.

Well, after seeing this, it's only fitting they should try to extort 2 million baht from him and subsequently kill him in the process. ???? 

I think they should have tried to extort a lot more than 2 million, personally.

Seriously though, while it does shed light on all things wrong with the RTP, it's hard for me to have sympathy for anyone who lives this kind of lifestyle.

No tears from me as I head to the fridge for another beer...

Edited by DBath

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He has been stripped of his position and transferred to region 6 headquarters as an initial response. He can appeal this.

Hell have to stop running to do that, and with the CCTV evidence I don't think that is his plan.

However, how about freezing all his assets and accounts so he doesn't have funds to help him disappear?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Yet Daily News uncovered a death certificate from Sawan Pracharak Hospital that listed the cause of death as "probably from methamphetamines".

So the doctor needs to be investigated further and possibly arrested for what looks like aiding and abetting a murder, or has he gone missing too?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So the doctor needs to be investigated further and possibly arrested for what looks like aiding and abetting a murder, or has he gone missing too?

No mention of him yet is there?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Four have been captured and three are on the run, including Pol Col Thitisan Uttanaphon, also known as “Joe Ferrari” for his supercar collection, who was the superintendent of the Muang district police in Nakhon Sawan.

Considering the police salary he must have been on this game for quite sometime... this time he killed the guy and screwed up big time.

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thitisan reportedly went underground three days ago, after he was transferred to the operations centre of the 6th Region Provincial Police Bureau.

He went missing after being transferred?

Why wasn't he just arrested?

Edited by metisdead

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Seven police officers in Nakhon Sawan province’s Muang district, who are believed to have been involved in the alleged murder of the suspect, have been dismissed from the police service, pending the outcome of an investigation.

And the good doctor who falsified the cause of death?

• Like 2

If they really want to catch this murderer maybe round up all the officers in his department and have them try on a few plastic bags  . The one who first gives the correct answer gets the lambo. The rest of the estate goes to the dealers family . No need to deals drugs anymore .......

15 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

yes, the seniority and Thai Mentality of social standing and structure are very troublesome in many cases

Apologies, my previous response was removed because it was deemed off topic

What I meant to say was that any paramilitary organisation throughout the world (Police forces are Paramilitary organisations with the same requirements of discipline and following orders as the armed forces) can easily fall into this mentality Its not exclusively a Thai thing in this case because there is no method of making a complaint other than via the corrupt existing structure. Having served in the UK police I am well aware of the pressures and sometimes direct instruction from senior levels not to enforce some laws and to give a bye to certain people/groups who move in the social circles of their superiors or have political clout. Often junior officers are not happy with their superior's/experienced colleague's instruction/advice but they cannot do anything about it without jeopardising their career. I see from other posts that this murder was actually reported via the corrupt system by other honest police officers on 6th August and nothing was done (giving the culprits chance to make their escape)  until they posted the footage on you tube. Good for them blowing the whistle but I think there may be repercussions for them if they are identified.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Considering the police salary he must have been on this game for quite sometime... this time he killed the guy and screwed up big time.

No. This time there was the video evidence for the whole world to see.

• Like 1

I guess they transfer him so to give him time to run!  Is this going to be another red bull saga?  guess they will pay the family a good sum to keep them happy and quiet this would also include the wife of the dead too!  In a day or two the whole thing will go away at least from the media.  ???? 

UPDATE:

"Joe Ferrari" former police chief has 29 cars - many luxury supercars and sports models - on a 43K salary

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The chief of the Royal Thai Police General Suwat Chaengyodsuk sent in Pol Maj-Gen Noppasin Phoonsawat to try and find a fugitive police colonel at the center of a murder inquiry.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1228793-joe-ferrari-former-police-chief-has-29-cars-many-luxury-supercars-and-sports-models-on-a-43k-salary/

17 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I guess they transfer him so to give him time to run!  Is this going to be another red bull saga?  guess they will pay the family a good sum to keep them happy and quiet this would also include the wife of the dead too!  In a day or two the whole thing will go away at least from the media.  ???? 

I did read somewhere the father of the victim is not pressing charges, did someone have a word with him already?

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

"Joe Ferrari" former police chief has 29 cars - many luxury supercars and sports models - on a 43K salary

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The chief of the Royal Thai Police General Suwat Chaengyodsuk sent in Pol Maj-Gen Noppasin Phoonsawat to try and find a fugitive police colonel at the center of a murder inquiry.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1228793-joe-ferrari-former-police-chief-has-29-cars-many-luxury-supercars-and-sports-models-on-a-43k-salary/

Audi looks like it was just purchased with that Red Plate on it.  Trace the money and from where it came from, they might find that the dealership has a salesman or two that are also part of the money laundering going on.

It also appears there are some serious questions being asked of the Hospital where this victim was taken, and some Doctors within that Hospital.

Apparently after he had died, this poor Man had gone for a jog and possibly died after suffered some adverse affects from drug use.

A very fast release of the Body was given for Cremation.

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I did read somewhere the father of the victim is not pressing charges, did someone have a word with him already?

I read the cops already gave month to the victim's father.