Driver seriously injured after driving his motorbike into a cement truck in Pattaya

webfact

tpn.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung/Pattaya – A driver has sustained serious injuries after he crashed his motorbike into the back of a cement truck in Pattaya.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at 5:30 P.M. yesterday (August 24th) on number 331 Road in Huayyai.

They and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the motorbike stuck in the back of a cement truck on 331 road.

The male motorbike driver, whose name was not given by emergency responders, was stuck in the wreckage of his motorbike.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/25/driver-seriously-injured-after-driving-his-motorbike-into-a-cement-truck-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

39 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

How far are these drivers looking down the road, 

seems to happen far too often, I am thinking ,end

of their nose..... RIP

regards Worgeordie

Not even as far as the road, I often think there is a phone involved.

I hate cement trucks, likely because you see so many in Pattaya, making impossible U-turns, going back and forth to some site. But here we are in broad daylight on a straight road and parked well to the left.... can't even blame the vehicle's rear lights, which of course would not be working. 

Could have just been a guy getting impatient and popping over onto the hard shoulder to pass at exactly the wrong time. 

Doesn't excuse it, but may explain it.  I've seen it thousands of times and 99.9% of the time it ends okay.  This time, there was a big honking truck in the way.

Drivers not taught to get the big picture when driving looking ahead then you got a epidemic of drivers talking and looking at their phones, then you got drivers over and undertaking without taking caution?  I've seen a number of accidents like this motorbike following a vehicle going too slow so they undertake at the last minute to late to slow down or stop all of a sudden what is that truck doing there?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

How far are these drivers looking down the road, 

seems to happen far too often, I am thinking ,end

of their nose..... RIP

regards Worgeordie

Spatial awareness 0-1 concrete truck.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Drivers not taught to get the big picture when driving looking ahead then you got a epidemic of drivers talking and looking at their phones, then you got drivers over and undertaking without taking caution?  I've seen a number of accidents like this motorbike following a vehicle going too slow so they undertake at the last minute to late to slow down or stop all of a sudden what is that truck doing there?

Drivers not taught. End of.

• Like 2