Ferrari Jo case: Squabbles among money hungry bent cops after pandemic cut traditional bribery streams, says Chuvit

webfact

1 minute ago, chuang said:

It seem he is going to be let off lightly...Police and Customs are singing his tune....

I doubt he will be let off lightly, perhaps he could keep his money as that is what they are saying the rest of his money is legal. (hard to believe). But I doubt he will escape punishment for torture leading to death. 

I mean the excuse of I did not want him to see my face. Everyone knows that putting a plastic bag on someone's head will kill them eventually. 

Lets hope im right and your wrong but then again he has a lot of money expensive lawyer and maybe can bribe the courts.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Another interesting article in Thisrupt. Apparently 2011-17, Joe Ferrari confiscated over 300 smuggled luxury cars. Auctioned off, they totalled around 1 billion baht. 25% goes to the arresting officers and 30% to any informants. So Joe has made big money and, of course, he's the one smuggling the cars in himself. Presumably, organizing informants as well you'd guess. Sharing out the appropriate cuts to his superiors etc. and everyone's happy. 

https://thisrupt.co/current-affairs/nausea-and-corruption-in-siam-land/ 

So that's where Voranai went. I always enjoyed his take on current affairs when he was at the BP. Thanks for the link.

• Like 2

He obviously did not do that without others, and without money going up the chain. Therefore knows too much. I would not be surprised  if a covid-19 death could be over-counted, for a change.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I mean the excuse of I did not want him to see my face. Everyone knows that putting a plastic bag on someone's head will kill them eventually. 

Perhaps Joe could have worn a Covid mask rather than suffocating the guy.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

but have denied it involved extortion.

Which brings to mind the famous line from Animal House, from Mayor Carmine DePasto to Dean Wormer....

"So, if you mention extortion one more time I'll have your legs broken.

3 hours ago, puck2 said:

No Western journalist could make a better report with all these conlusions than Chuvit. Congratulation, Mr. Chuvit.

He would be the best Police Chief of Thailand, but some powers would be against him. Maybe he is already too old for such a police job.

I think you'd ultimately find that he too is utterly corrupt.

The difference is merely that the target of his critique is not in his clan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He called a place like Nakhon Sawan a "Golden District" for bribes but the cops there had had to go without their usual revenue streams from prostitution (he called it 'entertainment', a standard Thai euphemism, notes ASEAN NOW) and gambling.

These had been obliterated by the pandemic closures and crackdowns meaning fights over money among the police. In addition those higher up the corruption food chain needed feeding too.

And that's the truth, and Prayut has done nothing to change it... that's another truth.

They cooked a deal already ....... trust me on this! Sitting in Myawaddy (Burma/Myanmar) and getting arrested over there by who, which authority and how to cross back into the Land of plastic bags and haven for active police officers making 43K a month resulting in 60 million Baht mansions and a fleet of cars worth a nine digits number. 

• Like 1

Believe me, Chuwit would know, he must have paid them millions when his businesses

really at their prime & I helped a little.

With all the girlie bars closed most Heads of Police Stations will be hurting.

Patong & Lumpini I am told took about 30mil each a month  when everything fully operational

8 hours ago, robblok said:

I doubt he will be let off lightly, perhaps he could keep his money as that is what they are saying the rest of his money is legal. (hard to believe). But I doubt he will escape punishment for torture leading to death. 

Lets hope im right and your wrong but then again he has a lot of money expensive lawyer and maybe can bribe the courts.

Could of course also he get so much guild feeling he commit suicide ....(assisted or single handled...? ) ????????

So he put a plastic bag over his head to stop him seeing his face?

What was all the other bags and taping him up for whilst he was handcuffed if not to stop him breathing?

He himself, could have worn the obligatory face mask and aviator sunglasses popular with cops!

Why am I even putting this on TVF?, we all know what he did, why he did, and why he is talking <deleted> now to get out of it. He is murderous filthy, scum.

He needs to be placed before a firing squad.

Police and Customs coming to his aid and trying to justify his behaviour in public statements?.......... That's an easy one, they don't want naming when it all hits the fan!

• Like 1