COVID-19: Thailand reports 15,972 new coronavirus cases and 17,281 recoveries

webfact

4 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

In Sydney they have a very hard lockdown that is enforced on the streets and door to door by the Police and Army and yet the case numbers are still rising.

In Thailand with practically no lockdown for all intents and purposes and far less favourable living conditions the numbers are miraculously dropping!

NSW (about same size as Thailand) conducted 157,000 tests in a population of 8,000,000. Thailand conducted 49,000 tests in a population of 70,000,000.

Do you think Thailand’s numbers may be dropping because they are not doing anywhere near enough testing? Or is it because they shower twice a day, wat chilli and wai instead of shake hands?

On top of that the Vaccination rate in NSW is three times higher than in Thailand.

Shame on you if you believe this propaganda from a government desperate to save face.

Comparing Thailand to Australia is ridiculous. One is a Fascist country, with Draconian lockdown. The other means 'land of the free'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Wow.  So it's all the fault of immigrants. ????  Sounds like the type of nonsense some Thais might say about who to blame for Covid in Thailand!

Guess the 'immigrants' in Thailand are better behaved ????, hence the numbers going down here.

• Haha 1

This chart shows the provinces with the biggest decreases (green) when comparing last week’s total new cases with the week before:

Samut Sakhon -4,258

Chonburi -2,030

Sisaket -1,291

Nakhon Pathom -1,207

Nonthaburi -1,162

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432222185838444545

This chart shows the provinces with the biggest increases (red) when comparing last week’s total new cases with the week before:

Samut Prakan +2,390

Rayong +718

Phuket +502

Trat +442

Kanchanaburi +335

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432222170843811844

• Thanks 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 78: 573,446

DAY 79: 585,214

DAY 80: 637,921

DAY 81: 669,189

DAY 82: 915,738 <— New High

DAY 83: 258,782 <— Saturday

DAY 84: 275,188 <— Sunday

TOTAL: 30,954,477 doses since 28 February

11.29% fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432226371095314436

• Like 2

In Sydney they have a very hard lockdown that is enforced on the streets and door to door by the Police and Army and yet the case numbers are still rising.

Lockdowns slow the rate, they don't necessarily prevent widespread exposure. If you clear excess debris and tinder from a bushland, it will give a wildfire less fuel, but won't necessarily reduce the overall reach.

Add to this Thailand had it circulating in the population for a year already. Those people prone to catching it, would have likely caught it already, which could afford some small level of immunity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 78: 573,446

DAY 79: 585,214

DAY 80: 637,921

DAY 81: 669,189

DAY 82: 915,738 <— New High

DAY 83: 258,782 <— Saturday

DAY 84: 275,188 <— Sunday

TOTAL: 30,954,477 doses since 28 February

11.29% fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432226371095314436

Prediction…one day this week we will see the government tell us that they did 1,500,000 vaccines in a day.

2 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Prediction…one day this week we will see the government tell us that they did 1,500,000 vaccines in a day.

Don't hold back.

I was thinking one million had a nice catchy ring to it.

All complete nonsense of course.

33 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Lockdowns CAN work!

South Australia, with a very low vaccination rate, had a successful, short, sharp, one week lockdown last month when 1 case of community transmission was discovered. 

The cluster grew to about 20 with thousands of possible contacts in isolation.

The state is now Covid free.

Australia is currently basically full isolation from the entire world - call that a success ? It's stranded some of its populace abroad. I call it economic suicide and nutcasery ! Fully expect the minute it opens to it to go covid 'Boom' ! My own opinion is open up and live with it. If I die and i'm over 82 which is the UK average for covid death, I'd be quite happy !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I can't believe this quasi lockdown is actually working. Now imagine how quickly the numbers would have fallen if they did a real lockdown...

Quite possibly slower, if you've flattened the curve both ends. Lockdown in Vietnam is very strict, there are regions you can only leave the house with permission slips. Has surely slowed it down, but a grim outcome regardless.

1 hour ago, Marvin Hagler said:

How is not the fault of immigrants…please explain? Hint: The outbreak is focused on 11 specific areas of Sydney…check the demographics of those areas.

In Queensland the outbreak was stopped in its tracks as it happened in a highly compliant white Anglo Saxon community. Canberra is rapidly on the decline for the same reason.

Bondi is where the Sydney outbreak originated yet there are no cases there now. Demographics.

Please. Fire away. How is this not down to demographics in Australia.

The more incompetent a Government is, be it thai or australian, the more it will seek after enemies from outside.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Australia is currently basically full isolation from the entire world - call that a success ? It's stranded some of its populace abroad. I call it economic suicide and nutcasery ! Fully expect the minute it opens to it to go covid 'Boom' ! My own opinion is open up and live with it. If I die and i'm over 82 which is the UK average for covid death, I'd be quite happy !

Please feel free to let it all out.

Do you always react badly when your proven wrong?

Edited by LosLobo

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Ministry of Education is planning to open schools in November after students aged 12-18 years have been vaccinated with Pfizer. Teachers who have not yet had the jab will also be vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432231093751582722

How many 12-18 students are there?

Also how many teachers? 

How many doses of Pfizer is there available.

Vaccinated I assume means 2 jabs? 

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Ministry of Education is planning to open schools in November after students aged 12-18 years have been vaccinated with Pfizer. Teachers who have not yet had the jab will also be vaccinated

So November now.  Time to buy some new clothes since the ones bought in March as the school year ended and we were getting ready for the next grade have become too small.  Amazing how fast kids can grow, even when they had Covid and were sick and lost 5kg like the GF's daughter did.  The online school year has allowed the daughter to become lazy as well.  Lets see what happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

November seems reasonable (will still have maybe 2K cases a day then based on recent modelling). But I doubt any primary school student will be vaccinated (and will be mixing to some degree) with my high school students. Will be interesting to see what schools do with teachers / students who refuse / cannot  vaccinate for whatever reason. A lot will depend on push from the parents and MoE/MoPH requirements. The tone of the story suggests all teachers must be vaccinated. 

Edited by DavisH

There were 23 million people who received one dose of the Covid vaccine between February 28 and August 29, of which 10.5 million were vaccinated with Sinovac, 9.7 million from AstraZeneca, 2.4 million from Sinopharm and 303,789 from Pfizer.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1432237669015191559

Edited by anchadian

Urrrrr…have you seen the case numbers in the UK and US now that Delta has hit their shores? Not exactly what I would call a drop.

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

And if Delta is ravaging the UK and the US in such a violent manner with the high Vaccination rates those Countries have, then why is it seemingly under control in Thailand. ? when the vaccination rates are poor to say the least.

In the UK (where they had had Delta for months and cases had been falling) the cases started to rise again because they removed all social distancing requirements and fully re-opened pubs, bars, clubs, football stadia etc. The government actually warned in advance that numbers would rise when they did this.

However, despite the rise in cases, there has not been an equivalent rise in hospitalisations and deaths.

In the US, the vast majority of the cases (and all the biggest rises in rates) are now in the states that, like the UK, have fully re-opened, whose governors are spouting anti-vaxx nonsense on a daily basis and that have the lowest vaccination rates.

Seven United States states with the lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates account for half of the country’s new cases and hospitalisations in the last week

Covid cases in the US

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, anchadian said:

What about the under-12s?  Can they go back now (please)?

Lets hope Thailand keeps this new potential worst variant out. Unfortunately Thailand does not do enough sequencing so if it does come in it will be too late before they discover it.

NEW VARIANT—a new #SARSCoV2 variant C.1.2 just identified in South Africa & several countries, with concerns it could be more infectious and evade vaccines. #C12 also has mutation rate that is nearly **twice as fast** as the rate of the other variants.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1432200392776028162

New COVID variant detected in South Africa, most mutated variant so far

More than half (about 52%) of the mutations in the spike region of the C.1.2 sequences have previously been seen in other VOCs and VOIs. The mutations N440K and Y449H, which have been associated with escape from certain antibodies, have also been noticed in C.1.2 sequences. The scientists stressed that the combination of these mutations, as well as changes in other parts of the virus, likely help the virus evade antibodies and immune responses, including in patients who have already been infected with the Alpha or Beta variants.

The study found consistent increases in the number of C.1.2 genomes in South Africa on a monthly basis, rising from 0.2% of genomes sequenced in May to 1.6% in June and then to 2% in July, similar to the increases seen with the Beta and Delta variants there.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/new-covid-variant-detected-in-south-africa-most-mutated-variant-so-far-678011

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

- 13 million were given to the general population

- 4.8 million to people over the age of 60

- 2.6 million to people with chronic illness

There you have proof of the complete mismanagement of the vaccine plan, 13m to general population and only 7.4m to those who needed it most.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

In the UK (where they had had Delta for months and cases had been falling) the cases started to rise again because they removed all social distancing requirements and fully re-opened pubs, bars, clubs, football stadia etc. The government actually warned in advance that numbers would rise when they did this.

However, despite the rise in cases, there has not been an equivalent rise in hospitalisations and deaths.

In the US, the vast majority of the cases (and all the biggest rises in rates) are now in the states that, like the UK, have fully re-opened, whose governors are spouting anti-vaxx nonsense on a daily basis and that have the lowest vaccination rates.

Covid cases in the US

UK hospitalisations and deaths have been on the increase for a few weeks.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Please also note the figure of 950,000 daily tests. How Thailand can draw any conclusions with 50,000 is beyond me.

My local hospital was under extreme pressure yesterday and asked people to seek alternative routes to care if possible.

With antivax nutters, people who can't gain immunity and vaccines waning there will still give be a large ongoing target for the virus to aim at.

All countries worldwide will watch pressures on their health care systems. If covid starts overwhelming, then some restrictions maybe deployed.

Hospitals must be allowed to continue their every day work not become covid central.

Edited by GStewart70
Edit
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

I’m sure I’ve seen you state many times on here that everyone is at risk from this virus.    Are you now suggesting that different groups of people are at different risk levels and should be treated differently?  

Wow, he's going to have a really hard time batting that one away!  ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cabinet Discusses Post-Lockdown Measures

BANGKOK, Aug 30 (TNA) – The cabinet today discussed measures related to the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration’s decision to ease lockdown measures in 29 dark-red provinces as new COVID-19 cases were declining.

Chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, the cabinet through its video conference considered COVID-19 surveillance measures including the procurement antigen test kits for the reopening of eateries and business premises. CCSA wanted staff of reopened eateries and other business premises to conduct antigen tests weekly to control COVID-19.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-769343