Indian tourists set to return to Thailand in droves - high demand reports TAT's Mumbai office

webfact

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

I wonder will the Indians be made to quarantine in Phuket first?

Was the Phuket project a success or failure?

Phuket project was a success. When vaccinated tourists are not bringing in Covid19, any money they spend is a bonus.

9 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Yeah right; like the six million Brit's who were busting a gut to get here !

It is the UK’s fault for creating the huge hurdle when they get back home from a holiday.

Hum, will all those Indians waiting to visit Thailand be prepared for the 15 days ASQ stay (plus the cost of this)? The biggest blocker to Thailand tourism recovering is this ASQ requirement. They should follow Italy: fully vaccinated tourists don't need to stay quarantine and just need a pcr test. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sanju1628 said:

Indians are also the highest spenders,of all nationalities, as spending per capital tourist .. so naturally Thailand needs them back soon .. Covid is well under control .. except the two disastrous months of April and May 2921, India has managed it Covid infections and death numbers, better than almost all large countries .. it has vaccinated 650 million doses, achieving an average of 6 million-8 million doses everyday .. So Indian tourists should certainly be welcome 

Indians the highest spenders of all Nationalitys...???? Well, Well it's not what I see, when 4 - 5 Indians share a bottle of beer in a bar, also 4-5 share a single room in a hotel... 

And for CoVid being under control, the press was reporting that they couldn't burn the bodies quickly, so families were disposing them in the river.... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I don't know about the Afghans but the Nigerians seem eager to come to Thailand...

Oh Yeah. The Nigerians are always anxious for a beach(scam) vacation.

Quality tourists one and all lol

• Haha 2

Thank you for this; I already thought that the weed smoking clowns down at the TAT went up in smoke. Looking forward to more bright daydreaming figures, forecasts and assumptions ...... just to disappear into thin air as all the rest of the carP they normally produce. 

Another state agency which would receive standing ovations - if closed permanently. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Rubies you meant, jewels have more purchasing power, but wait if its not gold then the Thai girls will not take them....Hmmm rupees or lakh's or dollars would work better exchanged at the awesome rate it is soon to be....

Given there penchant for chipping in and sharing one girl, or one drink among the group, I can't see an influx of many THB to either the girls or the bars.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Given there penchant for chipping in and sharing one girl, or one drink among the group, I can't see an influx of many THB to either the girls or the bars.

So the mighty Satang wins,perfect for filling the coffers.

The Indians have as much right to come to Thailand, in whatever capacity, as anyone else.  The racism and blatant western arrogance  on here is staggering. but unsurprising.  Clearly, many on this forum, and others, have forgotten that Thailand is located in South East Asia, not up State New York, or the English leafy suburbs. If  you don't like them, stay away from tourist areas.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So the penny drops, that despite the eternal optimism of TAT, their beloved Chinese tourists ain't coming back until at least the end of 2022 due to China's hardline lockdown of borders, we move on to the Indians.

So after the Indians fail to materialize, do we move on to the Afghans desperate for beach vacation!!

Right after beach lovers from the Seychelles, and billionaires from Somalia and North Korea...

19 hours ago, redwood1 said:

You see all those Indian restaurants that have not gone out of business despite hardly having any customers at all for 18 months? Plenty are closed but not fully shut down.....

Someone has been keeping these places alive with good old fashion cash......They sure have not been surviving off customers.... 

My theory is these Indian restaurants are being kept alive because there is planned a absolute flood of Indian tourist to come to Thailand.....And they are going to need somewhere to eat....Loads of Indians seem to only want to eat Indian food, so the need to keep these restaurants alive to be ready for the flood.....   

I've never seen any of them busy in Pattaya. 

Money laundering would be my guess, just like all the tailors shops.

Just now, Misterwhisper said:

Yes, I noticed the conspicuous absence of Indian nut sellers over the past year or so. Glad to learn that they will be back soon.

Still as regular as clockwork around the bars that are still open in Nana. Every night without fail.