Thailand cites positive results from Sinovac-AstraZeneca vaccine formula

snoop1130

22 minutes ago, itsari said:

When is the booster shot coming on your knowledge of the mixing of vaccines ?

I take the trouble to read about a subject before i post .

My booster shot will likely be many months away as I have yet to get my second even. 

Fortunately for me, Thailand shared it's Pfizer with me and I did not have to take anything less effective. Now go away 'Mr Know all say nothing.....'

The extremely low percentage of vaccinated citizens directly indicates the lack of faith the people have in the value of the Chinese concoction.

Despite this, the government is continuing their strong sales campaign to try to justify their corrupt and bias purchases.

6 hours ago, nausea said:

Are there any scientific studies validating this position? I did read about some studies on an AZ/Pfizer combo., but Pfizer is a RNA (mRNA) vaccine, so not really applicable to a Sinopharm (whole virus vaccine)/AZ (non-replicating viral vector) mix.

AFAIK, only thai propaganda “studies” of a short term nature and small sample size. Although the current doses being supplied to basically everybody now constitutes a much larger study….results to be revealed in 6 months time 5555

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nausea said:

Are there any scientific studies validating this position? I did read about some studies on an AZ/Pfizer combo., but Pfizer is a RNA (mRNA) vaccine, so not really applicable to a Sinopharm (whole virus vaccine)/AZ (non-replicating viral vector) mix.

Yes .. there has been Sinovac followed by AZ (2nd dose) study.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

An open admission that the Government believes Sinovac is no good.

So why exactly are they continuing to buy the stuff.

And they will be giving booster shots of Pfizer around the world to, so what's the difference? From day 1 it was said the vector type inoculation would require a booster, whilst a benifit of MRNA was it did not require a booster. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Yes .. there has been Sinovac followed by AZ (2nd dose) study.

Not Thai stuies.  

They just change the narrative to fit whatever suits them.

A peer review is necessary.

No Thais believe there   "Studies".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rodknock said:

i will be interested in what my booster shot will be after 2Pfizer shots.

The best booster after 2 Pfizer shots, will probably be a mild or unsymptomatic Corona virus infection.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

And they will be giving booster shots of Pfizer around the world to, so what's the difference? From day 1 it was said the vector type inoculation would require a booster, whilst a benifit of MRNA was it did not require a booster. 

Because Sinovac isnt very good.

Despite this they keep ordering it despite the medical community demanding high quality vaccines.

Another disturbing aspect is the lack of transparency from both Sinovac and Sinopharm on there vaccines effeciency against Delta.

2 hours ago, arick said:

Anutin's Education is there any information of what school he attended in Bangkok and University did he ever go abroad for a Masters. Please share if you find any link. I am just curious. 

Anutin Charnvirakul

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister

Born September 13, 1966, age 52

Education

Attended secondary school at Assumption College then earned a bachelor’s degree in engineering from Hoftra University in the US

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30373107

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anutin_Charnvirakul

He is currently thought to be worth 4.2 Billion Baht

16 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

An open admission that the Government believes Sinovac is no good.

So why exactly are they continuing to buy the stuff.

No, what it can be reasonably construed to mean is that it's less effective. Apparently one side effect of  Sinovac's vaccine is that just the mention of it impairs nuanced thinking.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

A peer review is necessary.

No Thais believe there   "Studies".

Well - I know many Thais. Some believe - some don't believe.

So when you say "No Thais" , IMHO you could not be more wrong. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rodknock said:

i will be interested in what my booster shot will be after 2Pfizer shots.

If you haven't planned one, good luck, because I doubt you will be getting one if past experience has anything to do with getting a vaccination.

I paid in full for Moderna in June which is supposed to be arriving in October, well almost half of the reduced amount (3.9 million) thanks to the Thai Red Cross who put their beak in and will get 1.1 million of the 5 million doses that the private consortium wanted to order.

Fortunately I did receive a Pfizer jab from a tip off from a mate and am due for my 2nd dose in 9 days, that said, will be pushing Moderna back to March/April next year as my booster, subject to data on whether we should get a booster 6-8 months after 2 jabs of Pfizer and where the virus is at.

Had I not been tipped off by my mate about the Pfizer jab being on offer, I would still be waiting for Expatvac to get in touch with me as I registered with them on 1 August, also Bangkok Hospital KK who said my registration was successful and had an appointment for Pfizer on 12/9/2021 subject to email confirmation which hasn't arrived. So my thinking is that these guys that come up with these ideas change plans along the way and nobody gives an update on what is happening, suffice to say, it's everyman for themselves.

All of the above said, from my experience here, putting the Mor Prom site aside which was a success earlier on when AZ was being rolled out for farangs, I wouldn't be relying on this government for a booster, so as I said above, if you haven't planned one, good luck with that.

52 minutes ago, hhtown said:

Can anyone confirm that having the Sinovac and Astra Zeneca  Vaccine combination ( with a passport certificate) Travel to EU countries will be permitted ?

... EU members seem to have different regs but usually lean on WHOs EUL emergency approval which covers Sinovac.

Thai made AZ is another matter though, not even mentioned in last summary as of 19AUG21 ...

Status_COVID_VAX_19August2021.pdf

source:    https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/vaccines/covid-19-vaccines

Edited by jollyhangmon
  • Like 1