Senior Bangkok policeman calls “Talugas” protesters dangerous troublemakers

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-22.png

Protesters run as police fire rubber bullets and tear gas during a demonstration against Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha and his government’s handling of the Covid-19 coronavirus crisis in Bangkok on September 6, 2021. Jack TAYLOR / AFP

Police have to strictly enforce the law against hard core “Talugas” protesters at Din Daeng intersection, because they are troublemakers and a danger to the public, said Pol Maj-Gen Piya Tavichai, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, today (Tuesday).

He alleged that the protesters had destroyed lighting, electrical control systems, air ventilation, CCTV and water drainage systems at the intersection, which poses a danger to motorists and motorcyclists travelling through the underpass, particularly during heavy rain.

Officials from the water drainage office of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration have been assessing the damage and plan to file a complaint with the police against the vandals, he added.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/senior-bangkok-policeman-calls-talugas-protesters-dangerous-troublemakers/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Puccini said:

It is one more example of Thai journalism at its best, throwing in an unknown monicker without explaining it.

Point taken.

I wonder how many 'Thai journalists' deserve/qualify for/have the credibility to use the word 'journalist'?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Point taken.

I wonder how many 'Thai journalists' deserve/qualify for/have the credibility to use the word 'journalist'?

Not many. 

Definitely applies to all those that consider themselves journalists. 

Worldwide.

11 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

"Cranks "-- That's what the Teachers used to tell me my Father was-- as he was in a left wing party in the 50s. & prominent around the area.

After I told him he marched up to the school--gave the teacher a dressing down--then turned to the class and said -Do you know what a Crank is?

It's what starts the engine.

....life was never easy at school after that

Good on your Father.

I made a school appearance after my child was bullied - Marched right up to the teacher first thing in the morning and told him to do his F'in job. Principal appeared and she got the same message.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The real danger that they present and represent are toward the ruling elite.

Speaking of which, of the last couple of hours, there are rumours circulating from a variety of legitimate sources this morning regarding a sorta quite coup taking place within military ranks. An influential bunch of young high ranking officers are looking to purge the dinosaurs from their duties. Looking all over the place for any official word on this bizarre affair. 

Perhaps a news prank. Never know about the rumourmill within the hallowed walls.

If the coup thing was true I don't think they would advertise it in advance.

Improper toilet training, lack of attention from mother, and undersized genitalia is really what these protests are about.

:cheesy:

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He alleged that the protesters had destroyed lighting, electrical control systems, air ventilation, CCTV and water drainage systems at the intersection

Air ventilation?  At an intersection?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Improper toilet training, lack of attention from mother, and undersized genitalia is really what these protests are about.

:cheesy:

Air ventilation?  At an intersection?

Probably in one of those cozy police booths where they hang out all day long and which I half expect to be furnished with a cushy bunk, karaoke machine and mini bar, too.  

14 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

What is/are "Talugas"?

It's not the plural of "Taluga"! A better transliteration would be "Thalu Gas", which, as others have explained, is the name this group has adopted to indicate that they ride through clouds of tear gas.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

A rowdy bunch who have hijacked what was a peaceful protest.

Who invented this newfangled definition of "Taluga" which is nowhere to be found on the Internet and is in no dictionary?

https://www.google.com/search?q=taluga&oq=taluga&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i10l4.10345j0j9&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8