Thai Schools Require 85% of Staff and Students to be Vaccinated before Reopening

snoop1130

3da378bc80d697deaeb214eb86560c15_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Department of Health has stated that at least 85% of students, teachers and other staff of schools in COVID-19 “red” and “dark-red” zones will have to be vaccinated before their schools will be allowed to reopen for on-site learning.

Department Director-General Dr. Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai said schools that want to reopen for in-person classes must strictly follow public health instructions, to prevent clusters from forming at schools.

He said the ministries of Education and Public Health have agreed on a set of regulations and guidelines to prevent COVID-19 transmission at schools, to ensure schools are free from viral contamination, collectively called the "Sandbox Safety Zone in School" rules.

Dr. Suwanchai added, however, that the enforcement of the rules will depend on the severity of the outbreak in a particular area and the authority to allow a school to reopen will lie with each province’s communicable diseases committee, which will review each school’s virus control measures before making a decision.

nnt.jpg

"Require" sad!  Should be a choice ,by the parents. How many kids get  seriously sick, according to this article more kids are susceptible to sickness from  the flu as opposed to covid.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-dont-kids-tend-get-sick-covid-19-180978639/

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

As always! The Ministry of Education said yesterday that schools will not open until earliest 1 November if the requirements were met. Today The Public Health Ministry goes out with the 85 % vaccination needs for on-site teaching.

When everything is decided and the rules are set, they give away all the power to decide down to the provincial level in form of a clown committee.

What on earth can go wrong, when you have such brilliant minds at the helm?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

They can't get enough vaccine for adults at risk and they are going to start with kids, kids that have minimal to no risk?

On top of that I am not aware of any country in world that has approved vaccine for young kids.

Clown world continues......

Education is big business in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matchar said:

Maybe some of the younger staff don't want the vaccines that are currently being offered. Would you force them?

Interesting you signaled out "younger staff". 

Perhaps vaccination 'right to choose' might become huge issue in future worldwide.

For example health care workers in age care facilities. etc etc 

Folk unvaccinated may face difficulties in future. Maybe not! 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Why wouldn't you vaccinate the entire school staff?

We're not talking about an entire country.

Everything thing Thailand does is always half baked

Entire school staff have already been vaccinated. 

They are lazy barstewards and just want some extra holidays

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Move your children to another school that has a forced vaccination program for 100% of the staff. No one is forcing you to enroll your children in xxxx school.

Simple. 

Makes no sense not to vaccinate the entire staff.

Minboggling stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

*Deleted post edited out*

There more worried about them bringing it back to typical crowded 1 bedroom shacks full of elderly people.

"Over 129,000 youths in Thailand infected with COVID-19, number rising"

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-129000-youths-in-thailand-infected-with-covid-19-number-rising/

I just want the teachers vaccinated.

• Sad 1

I am aware of one school that fired 6 teachers who refused to get vaccinated a while ago.  The only choice was Sinovac and the school made arrangements for all the teachers to be vaccinated.   They wouldn't and they were discharged immediately.   

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Everything thing Thailand does is always half baked

I noticed 7-11 is giving me plastic bags again. That "plastic bag ban" lasted nearly 2 years. Haha, a lot longer than I thought. I'm impressed. Lotus still doesn't give them tho, making you buy the reusable ones if you want them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I noticed 7-11 is giving me plastic bags again. That "plastic bag ban" lasted nearly 2 years. Haha, a lot longer than I thought. I'm impressed. Lotus still doesn't give them tho, making you buy the reusable ones if you want them.

Big C too (no bags)... I am though overall in favour, just irritating as I still keep forgetting to take a bag with me. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Sad 1

How can they possibly do that at every school. Many international schools have primary and secondary on one site. If there are 800 kids and have 400 primary and 400 in secondary and they are talking about vaccinating age 12 and above which is secondary,,how can they get to 85%?

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

As always! The Ministry of Education said yesterday that schools will not open until earliest 1 November if the requirements were met. Today The Public Health Ministry goes out with the 85 % vaccination needs for on-site teaching.

When everything is decided and the rules are set, they give away all the power to decide down to the provincial level in form of a clown committee.

What on earth can go wrong, when you have such brilliant minds at the helm?

All international school have recieved the OK to reopen for on site learning in Chiang Mai. A few opened yesterday whilst most will do the same next Monday. No vaccines required for students. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, welshissan said:

Really ?

You know that as a fact ?

My wife's a teacher and has been to school every weekday for months.

Get off your high horse

Has your wife been vaccinated?

Do you know what 'high horse' means? 

I have kids that have not been to school for most of the last year and a half. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, riclag said:

"Require" sad!  Should be a choice ,by the parents. How many kids get  seriously sick, according to this article more kids are susceptible to sickness from  the flu as opposed to covid.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-dont-kids-tend-get-sick-covid-19-180978639/

I agree with you here, I just want to point out that when they say "children," they are talking about over 12. Whether or not over-12 kids should be vaccinated, it's a different degree of harm and absurdity to vaccinate kids under the age of 12. The schools aren't calling for that degree of absurdity.