4-year-old girl tragically drowns at a swimming pool in Pattaya area home

webfact

tpn.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung – A 4-year-old half-Russian half-Thai girl tragically drowned at a swimming pool in a Banglamung house Wednesday night (September 15th).

Emergency responders were notified of the incident at 8:30 P.M. at a house in a housing estate in Nongprue.

They and The Pattaya News reporters arrived at the scene to find the 4-year-old half-Russian half-Thai girl on the tile at the side of the swimming pool.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/17/4-year-old-girl-tragically-drowns-at-a-swimming-pool-in-pattaya-area-home/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 11

Yes, too tragic to imagine for any parent.  In America believe it is a law that pools have barriers if children live in the house.  Locked doors are not enough, my son could drag a chair to the door and unlock it at 3 years old

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Yes, too tragic to imagine for any parent.  In America believe it is a law that pools have barriers if children live in the house.  Locked doors are not enough, my son could drag a chair to the door and unlock it at 3 years old

Yes, totally right! That´s also why people can not be ignorant under any circumstances. At the age of four, a child have to be supervised at all time. Especially when there might be dangerous areas in close proximity. Like, pools, beach, roads, even in peaceful parks due to abduction risks.

23 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Locked doors are not enough, my son could drag a chair to the door and unlock it at 3 years old

My 3yo grand -daughter often drags a little stool into the kitchen wanting to help wash dishes. Luckily, nobody uses the stove to cook anything.

40 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Below is the Florida pool laws.  We certainly have a fence around the property to keep kids out.  Other than that we have the basic sliding door that opens up from the back of the kitchen to the back yard.  I don't know of anybody else that has any specific type of barrier between the house and the pool. 

Access to Swimming Pool, Spa, or Hot Tub—As a back-up to constant adult supervision, Florida law requires the use of one or more safety features for any residential swimming pool (any structure for recreational use that contains water over 24 inches deep), spa, and hot tub constructed in Florida. Under the Florida Building Code and chapter 515 of the Florida Statutes, a new residential pool must have one of the following safety features (please see 424.2.17 of the Florida Building Code):
• Approved barrier isolating the pool from the home
• Approved safety pool cover
• Exit alarm with specified volume equipped on all doors and windows with direct access to the pool
• Self-closing, self-latching device on all doors (include gates) with direct access to the pool
Please also see Chapter 64E-21, Florida Administrative Code, relating to residential swimming pools for more information on Florida requirements relating to pool construction.
WARNING: Failure to comply with these safety requirements could result in a criminal penalty.

When my sister's first baby arrived, my dad went straight out and filled in all three fish ponds we had.

As soon as possible I had all my four kids swimming every weekend.

Terrible tragedy.....how do ever recover from it?....not sure I could.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

It is an unbearable loss, this is why many pools in Australia are fenced and especially when kids are around...

Pretty sure it is a law in all Australian states that home pools are fenced with fence sizes being regulated.

A really sad affair and probably made more so by the reporters arriving with the emergency responders. It must have been distressing for the parents to have these ambulance chasing ghouls crawling out of their cesspit and sticking their noses into what must have been an extremely upsetting occurrence.

7 hours ago, Skallywag said:

At the age of two I taught both my kids to swim, I taught them never to go into the pool without asking first, they understood the danger and are both alive today, and have done the same with their kids.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

At the age of two I taught both my kids to swim, I taught them never to go into the pool without asking first, they understood the danger and are both alive today, and have done the same with their kids.

Me too. But my kids grew up in Australia,  where,  mostly,  swimming is taught at school. 

But also by Dad in our home pool (fenced and locked) when they were very young. 

They weren't perfect swimmers as tiny youngsters,  but could get to the edge of the pool and hold on.

But always supervised until later when they were strong swimmers. 

You can sit and enjoy a glass of wine poolside as easily as inside.

Very sad, and avoidable loss 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Useless parenting in my opinion, Probably all drunk and not keeping an eye on their kid.

RIP to the kid

'The adults told reporters that they were talking inside the house when the girl suddenly disappeared.'

Harsh to suggest they were drunk, based on absolutely nothing at all. But certainly poor parenting. Being a parent is hard, very hard, because you cannot turn off for a minute. I doubt that anyone is able to keep up with the demand and sometimes that momentary lapse results in tragedy.

I have the good sense to know that I would not have the patience or desire to devote my life to a child 24/7/365, which is what is required, so I've never had kids. Far too many people do so almost automatically - meet, marry, have one or two kids - whether they or their lifestyle is suited to it or not. No qualification needed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Skallywag said:

In France you must have barriers in all cases, children or not

Very Tragic i couldn't imagine having to go through this.

First thing i wanted my daughter to learn was to swim or at least be able to survive if she fell into water, this was my main concern as a lot of lakes, ponds whatever in Thailand a very murky if your child falls in one these you will not see the child.

21 hours ago, Antonymous said:

A terrible tragedy for any family to bear.

Seems to have been unsupervised. They were on holiday in a strange place. Perhaps the girl had never been in a pool before. Should be a lesson there for pool owners to put up protective barriers around these child hazards...

Zero pools have protected barriers from what I see.... one friend's house did have a child gate to prevent the kid getting off the terrace. I have a pool but no kids, but when visitors bring them I am nervous as can be... I always feel the parents or minders don't watch them well enough. 

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Zero pools have protected barriers from what I see.... one friend's house did have a child gate to prevent the kid getting off the terrace. I have a pool but no kids, but when visitors bring them I am nervous as can be... I always feel the parents or minders don't watch them well enough. 

"Do the 5" laurie lawrence! 

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I always feel the parents or minders don't watch them well enough. 

Thats the real  issue the same parents  who let them wander BEHIND them when they are out in public, when I was a kid the first thing my Dad said when we went out was "hand"  I  never  forget that always had to be holding his  hand.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:57 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

Thats the real  issue the same parents  who let them wander BEHIND them when they are out in public, when I was a kid the first thing my Dad said when we went out was "hand"  I  never  forget that always had to be holding his  hand.

To stop you dashing into the road for one good reason.