Thailand delays plan to re-open cities to tourists until November

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Officials earlier this month said they planned to welcome vaccinated tourists without quarantine to major cities like Bangkok, Hua Hin, Pattaya and Chiang Mai in October to revive the country’s crucial tourism sector.

Perhaps they meant the above

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Reopening for tourism is booking a flight and showing your passport at immigration at BKK.

What the Thai government considers as reopening will be completely different.

22nd September 2021, closed since April and still no clear road map to even opening bars etc.

You mean since March 2020 no ? The fact that they have accepted a select few in the meanwhile does not qualify as an opening

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

19 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I am not so sure that playing around with Vaccine Doses, and the way they are administered, will exactly go down well with many Foreign Governments. Many may well still see these practices as " not fully Vaccinated " due to there not being any WHO guidelines yet on the matter.

I am sure it never occurred to most nations to even try to play around with vaccine doses.......

TIT

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

After all the hype, this will burst the bubble for many who are reliant upon the Tourist High Season for their Business success.

it is however, a very prudent move, as the Gov,t want to try and speed up Inoculations in order to get released from some of the Red Lists and restrictions placed upon the Country by other Governments.

I am not so sure that playing around with Vaccine Doses, and the way they are administered, will exactly go down well with many Foreign Governments. Many may well still see these practices as " not fully Vaccinated " due to there not being any WHO guidelines yet on the matter.

You mean the jab being under the skin to save on vaccine Instead of a full dose done intramuscularly right?

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean the jab being under the skin to save on vaccine Instead of a full dose done intramuscularly right?

Yes, I did, but I also forgot to mention there has been no research published  on this practice, by either Manufacturers or Medical Institutions..

But also there is the issue of " Mix and Match Vaccines " and also the 12 doses from 10 in a Vial.

Thailand has been trying to skimp on Vaccines costs in many ways, now.

Some may be ongoing methods, while some could have been placed on the back shelf.

Who knows ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

But also there is the issue of " Mix and Match Vaccines " and also the 12 doses from 10 in a Vial.

Several countries are accepting mixed vaccines for entry now, and 12 doses from 10 can be done by utilising vial overfill and low dead zone syringes, so aren't too far out there.  I've never come across anything on the intramuscular or not, except a trial that was taking place that I never heard results from.

Edited by treetops

49 minutes ago, jippytum said:

99.9 percent of expat residents could have told you that weeks ago. 

never mind the hype people who live here know the situation better than this government and the daily nonsense from its spokesmen. 

Anyone with half a brain has been saying this whether an expat or not.

You just have to look at the ebb and flow of the pandemic globally.

If the bars etc open in November or December then a lot of saved expat money will ensure a decent income for farang facing businesses.

If they have survived this long, then they will make it to the New Year.

However, Thai landlords will be trying to recoup losses again. Not to mention key money.

I also wonder will Thai wholesalers start putting prices up again for alcohol etc.

Not exclusive to Thailand and this is another piece of the jigsaw that people aren't factoring in.

Thailand is about to get a lot more expensive, whatever your budget.

Who can blame them.

2 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Anyone with half a brain has been saying this whether an expat or not.

You just have to look at the ebb and flow of the pandemic globally.

If the bars etc open in November or December then a lot of saved expat money will ensure a decent income for farang facing businesses.

If they have survived this long, then they will make it to the New Year.

However, Thai landlords will be trying to recoup losses again. Not to mention key money.

I also wonder will Thai wholesalers start putting prices up again for alcohol etc.

Not exclusive to Thailand and this is another piece of the jigsaw that people aren't factoring in.

Thailand is about to get a lot more expensive, whatever your budget.

Who can blame them.

When will the baht fall through the floor, it's not making any sense at all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I don't know what they mean by "opening" Bangkok. 

Neither do they.

It means whatever they decide it means. Maybe no quarantine? Maybe fully vaxxed? Maybe some pre-arrival and post-arrival testing? Maybe a CoE? Maybe insurance?

I think it's safe to say that pre-Covid and post-Covid "openings" will be drastically different, with nearly everyone disappointed.

There is a perception issue the regime needs to address: allowing fully vaxxed tourists to swan about while the majority of Thais remain unvaccinated, or vaccinated with a vaccine the government has acknowledged is less than ideal.

• Like 1

I submit to all that there are very few people willing to travel right now anyways, so it doesn't really matter. Particularly to a country where COVID is still out of control due to poor vaccination rates.  

Even with good vaccination rates, it will not go away.  It will be there.  

We're open here, and do you know who's coming?  Hardly anybody.  (vaccinated only)

Take away 1/5 of a country's GDP and they will suffer.  I think that they are sweeping the true pain under the rug.  

53 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If you think that Bangkok bars will open as part of this “opening”, you are going to have a sad.

Has anybody been to Bangkok bars these two months? What's the situation there right now?