Non-O Extension Thai Wife, 5th year

Good morning,

A long time member but hardly post, 

My Non-O extension ends on the 31st of October, so before going in tomorrow I just want to check if I am missing anything,

Required: 

TM 7 Application

1 Photo (4 x 6 cm).

Copy of passport, main page, visa, TM 6 arrival / departure card.

Copy of marriage certificate.

Copy of Kor Ror 2 (long tabien) from Amphur office.

Copy of house registration (blue book / tabien baan).

Copy of wifes ID card.

(LAST YEAR for the first time ever, they told us next year to bring copy of the house registration and ID of mum's (she owns the place, but lives overseas)

Letter from bank to prove 400,000 Baht in bank for at least 2 months.

Map location of house, hand drawn. 

Photo's of marriage / at house / in front of house and so on.

TM30 

Fee1900 Baht to pay for it!! 

Am I missing anything? besides wife (she is coming along) 

Thanks forum 

Walailak

In addition, this is for our IO

- They want that the KR2 is a max of 1 day old

- Bank letter has to be done on the same day as going to Immigration

- Copy Bank Book, first page and last page

- They also wants to see (sometimes that is) the original Marriage Certificate, so best is if you take it with you just in case.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

I think you have everything covered, however, these are the (official) requirements for Samui Immigration.

I'm aware you will be using Chang Wattana and not Samui, but it may be worth looking through to check you have everything you need.

(For Samui everything needs to be in duplicate).

Visa Ext docs needed Eng.pdf Visa Ext docs needed Thai.pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

@walailak be aware that if you overlook anything there is photocopy stall etc at CW on lower level where the banks are.

Very useful if you update and get bank letter on lower level as can get copy of last passbook updated page made and any others you need - on my last visit the shops were at North-West end so a bit away from most banks/immigration.  

Edit:  Have been using Google maps for last 3 or 4 years at Bangkok Immigration for home location.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Very useful if you update and get bank letter on lower level as can get copy of last passbook updated page made and any others you need - on my last visit the shops were at North-West end so a bit away from most banks/immigration.  

Think I have been lucky with Kasikorn. When I attend bank I give clerk 100baht for bank letter and 100for deposit into account to show 'activity'.

I ask the lady if possible to photocopy last transaction page to show this deposit. They do that free (unless recent change). 

• Thanks 1

Submitted my extension 2 weeks ago, still took 3 hours to wait and submit.

Documents submiited same as in the previous 5 years.

The immigration officer kindly did an update of the 90 day report and saved me a special trip to MTT.

Was informed that on return after the 30 day under consideration must bring a photopcopy and original updated book bank showing the 400000 baht in the bank account.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is two ( 2 ) copies of everything, including the TM7. 

I have to say that sometimes I am very tempted to get something wrong, or deliberately forget a document, just so they can tell me what is missing, not in a way that necessitates me returning another day, but something I can pull out of my folder.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Think I have been lucky with Kasikorn. When I attend bank I give clerk 100baht for bank letter and 100for deposit into account to show 'activity'.

I ask the lady if possible to photocopy last transaction page to show this deposit. They do that free (unless recent change). 

NOT with Krungsri, no photocopy possible, they even have a written sign "no copy" lol.

Even though I got money in the account, 4 credit cards (1 platinum) with them, wife got her own account with millions in it, they still refuse to do it, oh well TIT.

8 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

After dealing with the Thai immigration for 5 years now you would think you would have it together enough to know and remember what documents you need to accomplish getting your yearly visa renewal. Make and keep extra copy's of every document you have given to immigration for referance for your following year visa renewal. Then you might will have more confidence that you are going to be prepared for your yearly visa renewal.

Ha that is true and you would think that until you visited my IO office on a yearly basis! Something always seems to change what they want almost if the wind is blowing north to south on the day you go but next year the wind is blowing south to north look out!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, walailak said:

5 years on a Non O, 15 years in total in the country, you could never be confident with Thai bureaucracy ;-(

My reply post with the advice FOR YOU to

Make and keep extra copy's of every document you have given to immigration for referance for your following year visa renewal. Then you might will have MORE CONFIDENCE that you are going to be prepared for your yearly visa renewal.

My post meant to give YOU more confidence in Yourself since you have had 15 years of lack of learning how to deal with Thai bureaucracy and nothing do with being confident with Thai bureaucracy ;-(

1 minute ago, raptorea said:

Ha that is true and you would think that until you visited my IO office on a yearly basis! Something always seems to change what they want almost if the wind is blowing north to south on the day you go but next year the wind is blowing south to north look out!! 

That is true with the new Sukhothai immigration office never had much trouble when we had to go the Maesot immigration office before.

After only few years going to the new Sukhothai immigration office there is always something that want different they are pain in the <deleted> but thankfully only once a year.

I like the sign in there office "We are here to help".????

It should read, " We will find something wrong with your application to stay no matter what lengths you have gone to make it be approved by us first ".

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

After dealing with the Thai immigration for 5 years now you would think you would have it together enough to know and remember what documents you need to accomplish getting your yearly visa renewal. Make and keep extra copy's of every document you have given to immigration for referance for your following year visa renewal. Then you might will have more confidence that you are going to be prepared for your yearly visa renewal.

It can vary year by year. 

I use the Kamphaeng Phet office and they need 2 copies of everything. 1 for them and 1 for region 5 (their head office) in Chiang Mai.

Last year some of my photocopies were in colour. This year only originals are coloured, copies MUST be in black and white.

I made a small spread sheet of Wise transfers to BBK bank, with dates, amounts and forex rates with monthly totals, nice and neat and easy to read. She didn't want that but ploughed through my KBank yearly statement (7 highlighted pages) and added them up on the calculator.

Last year 6 photos of us around the house. This year 8 and then she threw 2 away.

Never assume that this year will be the same as last year.

Use last years as a guide.

The lady IO told my wife at the next extension bring all the stuff in about a month early and she will check it over for missing or wrong bits.

She also said do not sign anything until she has stamped and then sign in the stamp box.

TBF she did extend ny extension by an extra month and last year she gave me 2 months extra.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe it is one copy in Bangkok - although I use retirement these days.

It depends on the office.

If it is a regional office only 1 copy, if it only a district office 2 copies are needed.

There must be warehouses all over Thailand stuffed with extensions from decades ago.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It depends on the office.

If it is a regional office only 1 copy, if it only a district office 2 copies are needed.

There must be warehouses all over Thailand stuffed with extensions from decades ago.

The thread is about CW Bangkok.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiteman9 said:

My reply post with the advice FOR YOU to

Make and keep extra copy's of every document you have given to immigration for referance for your following year visa renewal. Then you might will have MORE CONFIDENCE that you are going to be prepared for your yearly visa renewal.

My post meant to give YOU more confidence in Yourself since you have had 15 years of lack of learning how to deal with Thai bureaucracy and nothing do with being confident with Thai bureaucracy ;-(

OK whatever you say,

Being confidet or not it's still an unexpected experience each time. 

Since you are the master,

why don't they give us a permanent extension let's say valid for 5years like Thais would get in my country ??????????????????

Go figure 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

That is two ( 2 ) copies of everything, including the TM7. 

I have to say that sometimes I am very tempted to get something wrong, or deliberately forget a document, just so they can tell me what is missing, not in a way that necessitates me returning another day, but something I can pull out of my folder.

Only one copy required at CW. 

I renewed my marriage extension of stay a few weeks ago at CW.  Although I went with two copies I only handed the immigration officer one copy "and I specifically asked the immigration officer how many copies are now required since I had heard two copies may be required--the immigration officer's answer was only one copy is now required. 

I asked the question since last year when I switched from a retirement to marriage extension of stay I had heard two copies were required for a marriage extension (for a retirement extension I has always just provided one copy) so I went with two copies in hand.   The immigration seemed to only really need one copy but when I showed I had two copies the officer used about half of other copy and gave me the rest back. Maybe the officer was preparing a mini-package for some purpose since I was switching from retirement to marriage extension...don't know. 

But as mentioned earlier I do know a few weeks ago I only submitted one copy for my marriage extension renewal and when asking the immigration how many copies are required the answer was one.

• Thanks 1