UK to accept proof of vaccination in Thailand for several major vaccine brands, including AstraZeneca

webfact

23 minutes ago, Pib said:

Do they actually have to see airline tickets?   Did you provide such?

I expect many people would like the vaccine passport in preparation of foreign travel....before they have actually made air travel reservation.

I agree, I fail to see the logic in requiring airline tickets, why does Thailand always spoil sensible process with a nonsense requirement 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

None of the Chinese vaccinations are recognized by the UK. I guess some of you will have to leave your gf or wife behind. At least that's the reason I would tell my partner she can't go with. For once the UK govt is of use! 

Yep, could be issue for some wishing to take their 'partners' to the UK. That said, there is a good chance they will accept mixed/chinese vaccs before too long.

• Like 1

Just now, smedly said:

will it - thanks for letting us all know

according to their rules that I posted at the start of the thread it says  vaccine cert must be in ENGLISH amongst a few other languages, this paper  covers  everything they have requested

• Like 1

Just looking at my vaccination certificate - 2X Pfizer, administered by Bangkok Hospital, Pattaya, at Central Festival Mall - it includes all the necessary information BUT has no Garuda stamp so I wonder if it would be considered as valid?

32 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Sense prevails at last

Yes, it is a more relaxed situation for me to know I can go to the UK if needs arise... it seems like a long time since i was there, but not in winter without reason. Hopefully Nov 1st, the requirements for getting back into Thailand will be less complicated. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, it is a more relaxed situation for me to know I can go to the UK if needs arise... it seems like a long time since i was there, but not in winter without reason. Hopefully Nov 1st, the requirements for getting back into Thailand will be less complicated. 

I wouldn't bank on it, money to be made from quarantining tourists.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, smedly said:

I would expect this process to be made a lot easier - perhaps with an online application, as it stands it is unacceptable to have to go in person to Bangkok 

The vaccine passports are issued by the relevant provincial Public Health Authority of whichever venue/hospital the vaccinations were administered, and not solely Bangkok.

3 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Many thanks. Absolutely vital to know!

I don't think that is quite correct - vaccine mixing meaning one of the two vaccine doses being sinovac 

approved vaccine will be a full dose of a recognised vaccine which in most cases fully vaccinated is 2x doses of an approved vaccine administered properly as recommended by the manufacturer including the full dose and administered properly - "not" 25% dose administered subdermally as Thailand  is now doing

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

according to their rules that I posted at the start of the thread it says  vaccine cert must be in ENGLISH amongst a few other languages, this paper  covers  everything they have requested

and issued by who - did you forget that tiny detail

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Yep, could be issue for some wishing to take their 'partners' to the UK. That said, there is a good chance they will accept mixed/chinese vaccs before too long.

really - I don't think so 

read my above post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

The quickest way is to vaccinate with one shot J&J Janssen. After 2 weeks you are considered as fully vaccinated.

You cannot usually choose which vaccine is given in the UK. You can ask which one is available and if they will give you it but you cannot choose on a whim.

8 minutes ago, pagallim said:

The vaccine passports are issued by the relevant provincial Public Health Authority of whichever venue/hospital the vaccinations were administered, and not solely Bangkok.

so far I have only seen reference to locations in Bangkok 

25 minutes ago, smedly said:

I agree, I fail to see the logic in requiring airline tickets, why does Thailand always spoil sensible process with a nonsense requirement 

No doubt they will also stipulate that the certificate only applies to the travel on the ticket and a new cert needs to be obtained for any subsequent travel.  Much the same as they do with confirmations of address which only apply to one particular use - writen on it!

2 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

'Tourists' would have to pay for accommodation in any case.

many would not be choosing a 4+ star hotel which is currently the situation and also being forced to sleep there even if you have your own house 500m away, a ridiculous situation

• Like 2

Ok i have chinese sinovac AZ combo i want to fly end of year i need to get a AZ booster i dont mind paying

Local hospital says no boosters at moment i even offered A donation but no

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, smedly said:

many would not be choosing a 4+ star hotel which is currently the situation and also being forced to sleep there even if you have your own house 500m away, a ridiculous situation

I would agree but I doubt many 'tourists' have a house 500m away.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

No doubt they will also stipulate that the certificate only applies to the travel on the ticket and a new cert needs to be obtained for any subsequent travel.  Much the same as they do with confirmations of address which only apply to one particular use - writen on it!

once you have the certificate or vaccine passport issued by the correct authority in Thailand it is then up to the destination country to accept it - as already mentioned in the UK an NHS registration is required which has nothing to do with Thailand - same applies in EU countries 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

Your vaccinating hospital can do it

My local hospital Prachuap did no problem just 50 thb and got  yellow vax book

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

Ok i have chinese sinovac AZ combo i want to fly end of year i need to get a AZ booster i dont mind paying

In same position myself! Don't know if AZ manufactured in Thailand is now acceptable to UK either?

1 minute ago, smedly said:

once you have the certificate or vaccine passport issued by the correct authority in Thailand it is then up to the destination country to accept it - as already mentioned in the UK an NHS registration is required which has nothing to do with Thailand - same applies in EU countries 

Fully aware of that - just got my wife's NHS Pass. I was being sarcastic in relation to Thailand requiring a ticket to get the cert.

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

Mine in Phuket, others I've seen in Chiang Mai.   When they were first started to be issued, the criteria was a waiting time of 5 days between application and receiving, with only original vaccination certificate and copy of passport required.   It was stated that they could be issued quicker but urgent need would have to be supported by travel details i.e. flight tickets/itineraries.   I know that many people have received them the same day, without having urgent need.

1 minute ago, The Fugitive said:

In same position myself! Don't know if AZ manufactured in Thailand is now acceptable to UK either?

I think AZ is now according to this

FB_IMG_1633651596113.jpg

Edited by poohy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, poohy said:

as advised by many on here you would have been better to stay clear of sinovac if you plan to travel - getting an approved vaccine not only means the brand but also what constitutes fully vaccinated which means how it was administered and in what dose