Thailand is open – a travel update from the tourism authority of Thailand

webfact

Some positives to keep the pot from getting too salty:  On the plus side, hardly any crying children/babies on planes now.   As for tourist type establishments... and for many businesses actually that have been affected by the downturn... the service has generally been upped a notch to say the least.   They truly gently cup your avocados and appreciate that you are giving them your business.

The COE and extra paperwork was slightly annoying... but then when I weigh it against empty lounges, fast check ins, virtually no lines at security, flight attendants who only have to serve you and 10 other people in the cabin... ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spain or Italy are receiving our holiday money this winter and not Thailand as we hoped for.

Would have loved to go back to Koh Chang or Koh Samui this winter, but have to settle with less.

See you Thailand, when things are back to normal.

• Like 2

Thailand is NOT open until residents can travel domestically with perhaps only testing (if coming from a dark red zone) and/or temp checks, tourists can come in with only testing and temp checks, and businesses can fully open.
Once all that happens, then more people will start to return.

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Erm……….bit of a long shot but could it be remotely possible that not everyone drinks alcohol. 

Trust me. There are people frequenting bars in Thailand for other than the alcohol.

Can anyone clarify a point made in a post here - If someone tests positive for this present flu virus on a flight into Thailand, is every passenger on said flight subjected to enforced quarantine for 7 nights?   I haven't read this nor read of any example of this happening. That would be yet another huge deterrent to most, in making any plans to return to Thailand in the present tangle of restrictions and 'punishments.'

I'll call them punishments 'or deterrents' as it's logical to assume that anyone on these flights would be the most tested and screened members of any society they'd be visiting and living amongst.

I've travelled and lived all over  S E Asia for close to thirty years and would like to return to visit the friends I've made there and the beaches and islands where I've dived around and relaxed on for decades but it's got to at least feel like it could potentially be relaxing. 

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is not the flu, so let's get that right. It is Covid and yes if your next or near to someone who pops positive you will be quarantined as well in a facility, be it an ASQ hotel or a Hospitel.

And I guess that's part of the reason why many airlines now only carry fully vaccinated passengers.

And a factor in the reality that ultimately if not vaccinated one has limited and more limited options in life.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

And now, the burning question, the elephant in the room, if you will... CAN WE GO OUT TO DRINK YET??? ????

I see the UK mentioned a lot in that press release. I know those blokes like to drink. Blimey, I reckon they'll be rather cross if they arrive to find the pubs still shut.

And you do not want to meet a cross Brit looking for an open bar.......

21 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Perhaps Thailand should tell the Thai embassy in the UK to open up so that people that want to come here can get visas. My friend has been trying but they are closed last I heard.

Closed all over Europe. Appointment only visits.

Thank you for this "update", TAT.

According to my sources, brutal fighting has already broken out at Heathrow and Manchester airports as millions of stampeding Brits, deprived of their "Amazing Thailand" experience for almost two years, are scrambling for plane seats.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Thank you for this "update", TAT.

According to my sources, brutal fighting has already broken out at Heathrow and Manchester airports as millions of stampeding Brits, deprived of their "Amazing Thailand" experience for almost two years, are scrambling for plane seats.  

Yawn...

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 10:04 AM, Bkktodd said:

I hardly drink nor stay up late. Nor do i need a beer at 8 am.  You missed the point.  The entire COE process and expense related to getting permission to to go to Thailand makes TAT rejoicing  a farce.  As a fully vaccinated PLUS Pfizer booster i STILL wear masks everywhere.. commonsensical yes. But,  i dont make assumptions like you do about all arrivals  with a stroke of a brush 

Expect 50,000 tourists over the next 4-6 months. The hotels can take that to the bank, thanks to the cowards. 

40,000 visitors in 3 months is not "very successful", it's a complete and utter failure. During that same period in 2019 Phuket had over 2.5 million visitors . There's no comparison. And that's not even considering a significant % of those 40,000 weren't even tourists

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PizzaBoi said:

40,000 visitors in 3 months is not "very successful", it's a complete and utter failure. During that same period in 2019 Phuket had over 2.5 million visitors . There's no comparison. And that's not even considering a significant % of those 40,000 weren't even tourists

There was no lockdowns or Covid global pandemic in 2019

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EricTh said:

Covid test in Thailand is quite expensive for foreigners, they told me it is around 3000 baht per test.

Don't know how much it takes to get a covid test in UK.

I've had 2 in Portugal. One was 120€. But found a hospital doing it for 75€. Not cheap. I think it's 60 for residents .

• Like 1

A post with content that was copy and pasted from some source without a support link has been removed as well as the replies:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A post with a photo of a computer screen about a visa application has been removed as there was no link to the source. 

Utter Boll@x!

UK testing 1 million people per day versus Thailand"s 40,000.

So if the 40k a day tests in Thailand is correct and with todays figures combined of 20k positives thats a healthy 50% positive rate or 25% if you ignore antigens as is a current trend.

Yes come on down Brits no drinks and we shut at 9pm but COVID available everywhere 24 hrs from our willing population largely vaccinated with Sinovac mostly ineffective against the latest Delta variant.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 8:12 AM, internationalism said:

but all airlines require tests before boarding their planes. Some would accept atk's from hospital, clinic and fit to fly certificate

Is that right? if you are flying direct to the Uk say with Thai airways they will insist on negative Covid PCR and fit to fly certificate although neither mandatory for the UK Gov.

Thailand is open but everything that is fun is actually closed, and you go into your room and bed by 9-10PM latest. And if you are lucky with our PCR test lottery you win a 14 day stay at 150K baht cost only, free masks included.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1