SURVEY: Thailand opening -- ready or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Thailand opening -- ready or not?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Thailand opening and 7,000 tourists arriving on Monday, what are your thoughts on how successful it will be.  Choose the option that best expresses your opinion. 

Feel free to leave a comment.

For further reading:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1237437-7000-international-arrivals-due-at-suvarnabhumi-on-monday/

• Like 1

NOT

Arrival #s nothing like they project.   Most simply returning and not true tourist.  Along with more unvax'd infected locals returning on fuller flights, with more chance of infections being brought in, and spread by themselves & tourist.

ALL JUST MY OPINION ....  take it or leave it.

More than a couple infections were detected on the 4th day test on Phuket's sandbox back when, so the potential for new clusters is very real, along with new lockdowns....IMHO

IMHO ....1 day is not enough in 'quarantine' at the hotel.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, shackleton said:

No proper tourist is going to come unless restaurants are serving alcohol and not at restricted times like closing 2100hrs 

Would have thought most people go out about 2000hrs-2100hrs for a evening meal 

Still can't understand why Bangkok is  serving alcohol but not in Pattaya and places like  Hua Hin 

If they announced alcohol can be served in Pattaya from  1/12/2021 today by tomorrow there would be bars opening all over the town. I think they really don't want the 'bars' to be in existence as the bars they were before. Only time will tell.

I see the majority fudged the question by selecting the "most coming will already be connected to Thailand" option. Faark I did that months ago. I voted "bumpy but go etc" the economy appears to be shattered to me. This won't be the solution, only part of it. Restrictions continue and it is a very modest beginning.

• Like 1

The tourist industry desperately needs to reopen for the high season.

I think like many governments around the world, they have decided that even if the death rate goes right up, it is a sacrifice they are prepared to make for industry.

I'm not sure the oldrpopulationm inform and some younger folk will appreciate this  a few months down the line....

Edited by Thunglom

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I would imagine the 8 million unemployed Thais with no jobs due to having no tourists for 18 months would vote open no matter what, but they will be sadly disappointed with the arrivals of just the families and the desperate coming due to the nonsensical  hoops to get there - and back. 3 PCR tests for a a couple weeks holiday is ludicrous, and expensive especially for a complete family of adults

You would be surprised.  3 out 4 of the people working in the tourist industry that I talk to dont want the country to open. 

I think I have an eye sight problem! Did I just read on requirements for entry 1st Nov , Non Thai Nationals ( eligible countries) *  Travelers  are not required to be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 *: ???? This I really don’t understand ! With all the important messages to get people vaccinated especially for travel, you’d think being fully vaccinated was top of the list for requirements ? Certainly is in Europe .

On 10/31/2021 at 3:46 PM, yimlitnoy said:

Get rid of the insurances and PCR test on arrival otherwise nobody will be coming to Thailand.  Cut the requirements, full vaccination is the only requirement that will protect Thailand, make it easy to travel. 

Dont forget the sneaky day 6/7 Rapid test you are required to do and upload the results to an app on your phone.

Many people are overlooking this snippet.

Just too much garbage to go through .

I will see how it is about Feb/March next year.

Hopefully many of these garbage requirements are gone.

Fully vaccinated and a PCR test 72 hours before your flight to Thailand and thats it.

None of the other garbage

Edited by CamaroZL1
spelling
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CamaroZL1 said:

Dont forget the sneaky day 6/7 Rapid test you are required to do and upload the results to an app on your phone.

Many people are overlooking this snippet.

Just too much garbage to go through .

I will see how it is about Feb/March next year.

Hopefully many of these garbage requirements are gone.

Fully vaccinated and a PCR test 72 hours before your flight to Thailand and thats it.

None of the other garbage

I am sure the Smartphone and notebook companies are happy to read  that without one no one will be traveling to Thailand in the future. And lets not forget the website from hell Thailand No-Pass it will be like a lottery for those able to complete the requirements without the site locking and crashing every hour.