Pattaya business owners continue to ask why the city remains “dry” with no booze sales, meeting scheduled with officials for later this week

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, Pattaya tourism and business operators continue to ask the Thai government to at the very least allow drinking alcohol in restaurants in Pattaya with rules as a step towards opening the cities famous entertainment and nightlife industry. 

How does allowing alcohol to be consumed in restaurants up to 9pm help the entertainment & nightlife industry.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

are you having a laugh - walk the streets looking for something that is open is more like it, go 200m in any direction from Treetown and you enter a deserted shuttered void of darkness and closure, if 1000 foreign tourists arrived next week where exactly are they going to go, treetown is rammed every night at max capacity and you can throw out any rules that are supposed to be in place - it is a complete cluster 

Treetown must have some high connections.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

This was the course of action I was expecting.... soon we will get the magnanimous concession.... and wonder why Pattaya was excluded initially. 

It's a case of "bucks" locking horns to establish who is the boss.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alant said:

I have no answer, surely if alcohol is a main defence against Covid spread in the form of hand gel and Covid enters and resides in the mouth and nasal areas a regular rinse with sangsom or 100 pipers would reduce the possibility of spread...

needs to be a very high alcohol content to kill the virus so dunno that those two you mentioned would cut it. maybe some of the real nasty Lao Khao might do the trick.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Treetown must have some high connections.

yes indeed, I estimate over 200 people in there "all just eating" and of course following all the rules to the letter

not

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wombat said:

As well they should.

No bars no booze no entertainment.

Why would you bother coming to Pattaya.?

Again let me repeat.... many thousands of Thais come each weekend. For the expanse of beach, the restaurants and theme parks. Or simply to get out of that big sweaty traffic jam called Bangkok.....

And this weekend, a music festival......

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

Its a fair question. In a town like Pattaya that relies almost completely on booze and nightlife for business what sort of Mayor or Governor would continue to want it banned. Certainly not one that cares about reelection. Very strange.

Getting re-elected is probably not a worry, the outcome has already been planned 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Caldera said:

To say something positive, I enjoy the lack of traffic in Pattaya. Maybe the TAT could advertise the fact that you can currently cross Beach Road without getting run over. ????

Meanwhile the ambulance drivers are bemoaning the lack of traffic and drunken tourists they normally scrape off the zebra crossings.  It's bad for business.

• Haha 1