Pig slaughter must take place in a licensed environment

webfact

pig-slaughter-696x443.jpg

Pig slaughter must take place in a licensed environment

By Hua Hin Today

The Department of Livestock Development insists that people can slaughter their own pigs for sale, but must do so at slaughterhouses that are legally licensed under the 2016 Meat Slaughter Control Act.

Animals must be treated in slaughterhouses only, therefore, it is illegal to slaughter pigs for sale at home, whether they are self-raised pigs or farm pigs. The Slaughter Control Act for Meat Sales B.E. 2559 (2016), is a law established to supervise the slaughterhouse for the safety of consumers.

However, slaughterhouses are places where meat is produced before being sold to consumers, so it is necessary to supervise and verify the source of live animals, cleanliness in the production process, and animal welfare.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-news/pig-slaughter-must-take-place-licensed-environment/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-11-06

• Haha 2

Well, explain the story with chicken .......... 

Noticed, that chicken (breasts, thighs, drum sticks, wings - but not feet) are less than ⅓ of quite a range of vegetables. Iceberg, bell peppers or hydroponic salads clock upto 198 Baht/kg; trimming it will elevate the price over 200 Baht. Chicken is 55 - 65 Baht and cheaper pork meat is 120 - 140 Baht. 

Nobody wants to tell me, that the production of a kilogramme of chicken is cheaper than a kilogramme of hydroponic leafy stuff ......... 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, explain the story with chicken .......... 

Noticed, that chicken (breasts, thighs, drum sticks, wings - but not feet) are less than ⅓ of quite a range of vegetables. Iceberg, bell peppers or hydroponic salads clock upto 198 Baht/kg; trimming it will elevate the price over 200 Baht. Chicken is 55 - 65 Baht and cheaper pork meat is 120 - 140 Baht. 

Nobody wants to tell me, that the production of a kilogramme of chicken is cheaper than a kilogramme of hydroponic leafy stuff ......... 

Actually it is cheaper to raise and process chicken.  Done years as Manager in both these industries.

17 hours ago, Kinnock said:

As always, enforcement of the rule (or not) will be the critical factor.

And, where is the need to enforce the rule? I have been eating pork and other meat/food in Thailand for over 15 years. Never got any problem with that.

The Thai slaughterhouse laws are actually humane (or as humane as animal slaughter can be)  - if only they were followed/enforced.

I have pretty much given up eating pork or beef as I don't want to be part of this anymore. If I do eat pork I feel bad about it.

I remember eating pork n rice years ago in LOS and heard a horrible sound--I asked what that sound was--thai lady says "they kill pigs"

I looked at my plate.(burp).......anyone ever get behind one of those pig filled trucks in LOS?......I was on my motobike--omg.....urp!

Yes I still eat pork....

20 hours ago, jvs said:

I will tell the neighbours.

Exactly .... I was at a celebration in rural Korat province and they had a live pig delivered ready for the menu. The noises that poor animal made were quite disturbing.......

12 hours ago, portlandtree said:

Exactly ten we wouldn’t ave all those new viruses every 4 years, 90% of that <deleted> come from China bird, swine, Covid etc. what’s next in 2 years??? Rat flu???

Rat?

Nah.

After the early trials of Sars, Mers,

As of 2019 they advanced to the next level of truly global scale of human variants.

No going back to rats anymore!

19 hours ago, Gold Star said:

The unsold warm meat goes back in the same cooler at the end of the day, and comes out again the next day.

Have you ever stolen a peak inside one of those coolers? Yikes!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 9:56 AM, brianthainess said:

Why only PIGS ? Will that not include, cows, poached wild boar, deer or black panthers.

Meanwhile still out of jail and getting govt. contracts is 

176874133_images(56).jpg.162cd93c469fd53463f7a1e07ec7302b.jpg

Many pigs have parasites like trichinosis that can be deadly. In western countries every single pig slaughtered is tested for this to ensure safety for the consumers. If you eat untested pork you could end up very sick .