Bars, pubs and nightclubs in Thailand could remain closed until 2022

webfact

I understand how it's customary to have a beer with the guys at a bar, and how frustrating this must be for those that are used to it.

Its probably a good time to figure out another way to get together and have a beer.  Lawn bowling?  Well maybe not that, but something. ????  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I basically gave up even trying to find logic in Thailand.

But sometimes I still  think: Why?

What do they think is the point of this? Do they want to make sure fewer people visit Thailand? Do they think more people will get infected when more places, with close contact, will open?

Is it just to pi@$ off people? What is the real reason for this?

I think even those people who make the decisions must be aware that nightlife is a major attraction for people who live in Thailand and who visit Thailand.

Perhaps it is as simple as an opportunistic situation that the pandemic has provided in destroying the core industry of Pattaya that previously attracted so many tourists? Were there not  pre- pandemic utterances of the desire to remodel Pattaya as a "family friendly" location? It would seem obvious that all and any such attempts only see the relocation of said core attraction. Or is that the real motivation? To send existing or recovered "business" to alternative venues where friendly investments have been made? When the power of politics comes into play the difference between corruption and core-ruction is only a spelling differentiation but either can be profitable in outcome !

• Like 1

This is one big con trick, they get people interested in coming to Thailand, get them to obtain visas and then this. Probably when they arrive slap them with a quarantine order, 10 days and $5000.

Who in their right mind will come to the Land of Gumpy faces?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is this really true? In our part of the country restaurants have been openly selling alcohol, live music has returned, everything is open past midnight. Karaoke bars are open (those that didn't go broke during the earlier closures). I think it is business as usual away from the big cities and tourist hotspots.

Is this really true? In our part of the country restaurants have been openly selling alcohol, live music has returned, everything is open past midnight. Karaoke bars are open (those that didn't go broke during the earlier closures). I think it is business as usual away from the big cities and tourist hotspots.

Just now, Stevemercer said:

You don’t have the boys in brown patrolling the streets like here in Pattaya checking what people are drinking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I might be doing that too, looks great ????

Pop into Suzy Wongs at Soi Sea Dragon, Jeff the owner (Malaysian guy) knows his business, been there for years and owns a large group of a go go's there now, used to work with him on projects years ago.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, matchar said:

They are already open in Bangkok, just unofficially.

That's right. Just came back from a stroll along Sukhumvit. Many new "restaurants" in the Sois, serving mainly liquid food. Hooters in Soi 4 is open with a big banner "we are open", as well some other places across. The infamous Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy are closed. Walking along Sukhumvit, suddenly a dark door opens and a curtain being pulled away, revealing a bar with pool billiard and some female, well, players, inviting me to come in. Sukhumvit is full of bored females (I think more than usually, but haven't been here for some time) confirming how attractive you are and that you should spend time with them. Some Sports Bars along Sukhumvit  are open as well, seems officially, with opening hours displayed outside. I think the reopening is unstoppable, unless the army intervenes.

Edited by Stefanix
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

There was a Lawn Bowling Green in Pattaya on Soi Excite, they built a hotel on it !

Are you fishing for a lawn bowling drinking-buddy?  We could go shopping for wheel-chairs after.  It's best to do that drunk.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

This is your opinion but also bizarre to me (that's my opinion). I traveled the world for 30 years and only when I went to Thailand in 2008 did I find a place that I just have to retire in. The reason being if you decide you want to have fun, every night can be like New Year Eve. 

You don't have to be an 'alky" to want to enjoy what Thailand has to offer 

of course you can have fun without booze, that's not an opinion that's fact. Thailand has plenty to offer besides bars and their attendant temptations.

ps. I'm not a wower so don't start in on that. I like a beer as much as the next alky ????

pps. laughing cat emoji should have indicated I was joking about the alky bit.

8 hours ago, tingtong said:

Meanwhile 7-11 happily sell alcohol....and the beach every evening is full of ppl drinking.

Hypocrisy.

no because in open air ... it is not the alcohol the basic problem but the circulation of the virus in crowded and confined places ....like bars and discos

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

What’s the status with Nana and places in the surrounding area ? Beer gardens etc?

Walked down soi cowboy the other evening, one sort of bar open for sneaky drinks, rest in total darkness.

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Our Pub has been closed for 8 months but the landlord expects the high rent every month

Who is selfish Sir ?

Landlords i can somewhat understand, they may also have a mortgage to pay, but How about your local city hall? they also want the sign tax on time and at the same rate and if not paid on time, penalty is applied along with interest, but it is businesses owners who should not be selfish ????

3 hours ago, Siamwaz said:

Yes let's have Songkran and spread the virus for the last 7 months and now allow Loy Krathong to spread more.

Dumb and dumber and on Remembrance day when foreigners saved Thailand and the royal family from the Japanese! Albeit after the second world war!

These government corrupt officials could not organise a <deleted> up in Nana plaza, Soi 4! Vote them out now! Cowards!

You can't vote out a government that was never elected 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More stupidity of the stunning variety. 

I can understand crowded bars, and clubs, where you have to shout to be heard, and in the process you release alot of spittle. But a restaurant? Or a hotel? Why? It only appears to be an additional hardship for hundreds of thousands who are only trying to make a living, and patrons who are only trying to let off a little steam and enjoy some much needed recreation. If anything, allowing drinking in restaurants brings down the national crime rates!

The CCSA continues to prove on a daily basis how lost in space they are, how out of their element they are, how in over their heads they are, and how extreme their denial of science based facts is. So, where is the science? If anything the shutdown of restaurants likely causes more harm, than good. Both psychologically for the population, and financially for the community and the families involved in running the restaurant.

Beer does not cause Covid. Neither does wine. Brain dead politicians do encourage the spread of Covid, with their highly selective shutdowns. But, prohibiting acholol sales does sabotage an industry and contribute to the continued destruction of the nation's economy. 

At this time, the nation would really benefit if there were some intelligent and compassionate adults in the rooms, where these decisions are being made.

Woe is Thailand with leaders like Prayuth, Anutin and Phiphat. Where do they find these clowns? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1