Sinovac not inferior: Anutin

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, DBath said:

Sorry to break it to you, but there is nothing sincere or pure about the Chinese government - or their vaccine, IMO.  People like you refuse to see how the Chinese have strong-armed or attempted to strong-arm and infiltrate every country they have a relationship with, including the US gov’t. 

If you want proof go on the FBI’s website where there are thousands of documented failed attempts at espionage by China operatives to subvert and steal intellectual capital and secrets. 

And before you accuse me of being a bigot, please consider that I’m married to a Chinese woman. I’ve also worked directly for a CCP controlled telecom company in China. so it’s likely I have way more insight into this topic than you ever will.

I am sure you have way more insight in all  The fact remains the vaccines produced by Chinese companies have saved lives and been made available well before western companies.

What has a Chinese telecom company to do with vaccines?

What has trade secrets got to do with anything? 

You are married to a Chinese woman . So that makes you knowledgable about Chinese pharmaceutical companies?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Mr Anutin's comments came after it was revealed last week that he would require a fourth booster shot in order to attend a World Health Organization meeting in Switzerland later this month.

Anutin has not even received the " Fourth Booster Shot " yet.

It all sounds weird to me, as even if he had been given a shot last week, it would not have time to " mature " within his body before the" Important meeting ".

Kind of makes me think that the meeting will be over by the time he is Immunized, but hey ! why waste the trip.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Think Think Think Winnie The Pooh GIF - Think Think Think Winnie The Pooh -  Discover & Share GIFs

Strategy ????? … What strategy have these inept pretty boys deployed for the people of Thailand …. NONE … I can smell the stink of Anutin from here and he needs a good shower all right …. Wonder where all the countries money has gone that was suppose to vaccinate the people

it would seem that the promise of all the millions of tourists has disappeared and the tide is turning 

Long Runs The Fox

18 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Anutin has not even received the " Fourth Booster Shot " yet.

It all sounds weird to me, as even if he had been given a shot last week, it would not have time to " mature " within his body before the" Important meeting ".

Kind of makes me think that the meeting will be over by the time he is Immunized, but hey ! why waste the trip.

People’s Money + Switzerland + Irrelevant  Meeting + BS = ????? … Answers on a postcard to Blue Peter if you want a badge 

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

He didn't read his own Thai studies..................

Thai study finds 2 doses of Sinovac can’t beat Delta variant, AstraZeneca can

Seems like 2 does of anything can't beat the delta variant. That's why all over the world they give a 3rd shot of the "good and effective" vaccines. 

The Chinese vaccine is based on the same technology all other traditional vaccines are based on. The anti tetanus, rabbis, influenza and the rest. 

When Pfizer rolled out their mRNA vaccine they said it will take up to 6 weeks to tweak it to any new mutation or variant. Well, the delta variant became the most common variant in April, and 5 months later, they still haven't got a vaccine designed for it. They just give booster shots of the same original vaccine. 

24 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Seems like 2 does of anything can't beat the delta variant. That's why all over the world they give a 3rd shot of the "good and effective" vaccines. 

That's not correct. The Pfizer and Moderna two-dose vaccines have been shown in studies to be very effective against the Delta variant... though that effectiveness does decline over time...

Thus, the reason for the booster shots isn't to fix some failing of the original vaccine, but rather, to restore the original effectiveness of the original vaccine shots that have declined over time since the original vaccination.

In contrast, AFAIK, the reason for adding a Pfizer or AZ booster for people who've already received two doses of the Chinese vaccines is simply to improve their otherwise lagging effectiveness.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

Obviously Switzerland and many other countries do not have the same unconditional love and blind (misplaced?) trust of China that Mr. Anutin and others in this administration have.  The people of Thailand have been made to suffer because of his actions and inaction.  It's good to see that he's experiencing some of that as well.

Thailand does as China says, its always been the case and will continue to do so.

Just like Thailand woukd not sign the COP26 agreement, despite travelling all the way to Scotland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There seems to be an element of misrepresentation by the author. The first 2 shots are not boosters they are the primary vaccination. Any shot after the primary vaccination sequence is called a booster, therefore he will be getting a Second booster not a fourth

Edited by RobU
  • Like 2

Love it. He cant tell the difference between Equal sweetener and Aspirin and is Thailandˋs big wig in health issues; what an embarrassment. 
The Swiss ambassador, pussyfooting around Anutin together with the Swiss foreign minister 3 ½ months ago might have to do some face-saving damage control now. So much to the dirty farang; the Swiss in Thailand just got their ranking lowered too.

Wondering which gifted mind started with the vaccine cocktails - the answer is pretty clear that this was possibly the worst álternative - blending vaccines like saucing up cheap wines ????

You can only apply for a Swiss COVID certificate under certain conditions if you received one of the following vaccines:

• SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (Vero Cell) (Sinopharm/BIBP)
  • CoronaVac (Sinovac)

You must also belong to one of the following groups and be able to prove this accordingly:

• You are a Swiss national = if you are Swiss passport holder Sinovac no problem. If you have a Philippine passport (like my wife does) Sinovac problem. 

10 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Mr Anutin said that the reason for a fourth booster shot was not because Sinovac is somehow inferior to other vaccines. 

But rather was needed in order to meet entry requirements for Switzerland.

But these entry requirement for Switzerland are due to the fact Sinovac is inferior 555

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

While it is true that the UN requires visitors to prove that they are vaccinated, Mr. Anutin as a diplomat would be able to attend UN meetings, the Swiss authorities would have nothing to say about that.

He might however find it difficult to even book a hotel room in Geneva without a Swiss Covid certificate (besides not being allowed in any other place), so he would have to sleep on the couch in the Embassy of Thailand in Bern.

May be was he more interested in other activities, like skiing, bars and restaurants, than just going to UN event. Probably there others activities are paid by thai taxpayer 5555

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't think it would be very diplomatic to be breaking the rules and claim diplomatic status as a reason to attend UN meetings, do you have a link to that?

When the was a 14 day quarantine in Thailand, it applied to foreign diplomats too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ed strong said:

Thailand does as China says, its always been the case and will continue to do so.

Just like Thailand woukd not sign the COP26 agreement, despite travelling all the way to Scotland.

And yet Thailand stopped buying Sinovac's vaccine. Did China tell the Thai Government to do that?

• Like 1