Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

13 hours ago, recom273 said:

My report date started two weeks prior to today, 31st July, and expires 7 days after. My extension is until the April 5th 2025, and I arrived to Thailand in 2020.

Just to note, if apply online on your due date (31st) it will be rejected, they seem to take the "before" due date litterally, I applied on my due date and it was rejected for that reason

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, smedly said:

Just to note, if apply online on your due date (31st) it will be rejected, they seem to take the "before" due date litterally, I applied on my due date and it was rejected for that reason

Thanks - maybe the reason. I sent over on Tuesday, and they didnt process until Wednesday 31st - so this may have be the answer. Good to know, thanks very much.

47 minutes ago, smedly said:

Don't understand that as you have a window of seven days after the due date?

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Not online, only when done in person. Strict rules on when posted also suggest not possible with post.

OH BOY!!

Cheers...did not know that.

On 7/9/2024 at 11:12 AM, Mike Teavee said:
On 7/9/2024 at 10:42 AM, webcrawler00 said:

For first-time requests of a 90-day notification in each country visit, in-person presentation at the immigration office is required.

From what I've read elsewhere it seems like you need to do your 1st 90 day report after re-entering Thailand in person/mail/via an agent

1. @webcrawler00 post says in person only, so mail in would be rejected also?

2. Is this  first-time requests of a 90-day notification in each country visit, in-person presentation  a retrograde update to the TM47 report new web site? The previous version of the web site didn't need an in person visit and accepted the reports online. Or is there some other immigration reason for requiring people go in person?

1 hour ago, Digitalbanana said:

1. @webcrawler00 post says in person only, so mail in would be rejected also?

2. Is this  first-time requests of a 90-day notification in each country visit, in-person presentation  a retrograde update to the TM47 report new web site? The previous version of the web site didn't need an in person visit and accepted the reports online. Or is there some other immigration reason for requiring people go in person?

I would guess to make you show that you stay at the address you are reporting by requiring you to also file a TM30 which may or may not need to be renewed on return.

I'm beginning to feel I would prefer ankle bracelets to all this TM47 and TM30 filing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

they seem very strict with rules until it comes to agents and people who don't meet the finacial requirements which are very clear

It's enough to make people want to pay for an agent to do it.

• Agree 2

I started doing online three years ago. It's been my understanding since I started that the online form must be filed at least 7 days ahead of the due date. That would make the window to file online from 15 days prior to 7 days prior. I assume that means that if it is WITHIN seven days, it's gonna get rejected. Go on in! 😂 

My situation NOW is....... I've got a new passport. I tried online in the already-established window, but...... no surprise at all...... it got rejected. First time on a new passport ALWAYS requires an office visit. But....... well....... I thought I'd try anyway. 😂 Used the old passport number to pull up the account...... auto-filled....... then changed the number in the passport window to the NEW number, on the idea that they would have already changed my passport number in the system when they rolled me over into the new passport! Submit!

Pffft!

(I seriously considered trying to sneak the 90-day report by using the auto-filled old passport info, since it wasn't expired [just dead because it was replaced.] I kinda thought they maybe.... might...... perhaps...... just not notice! The automated system just might get some kind of automatic reaction from the immigration officer, I figured. But then I chickened out! 😂

What if they ~DID~ catch it and think I was trying to pull something??? hahaha! And I would also have already sworn on the submission to the info being correct....... which could wind up biting me in the bottom!)

Went in in June near my already scheduled date and got my "first" 90-report done on my new passport. Now anxiously awaiting the September date....... to see if I can get back to doing it online!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

I seriously considered trying to sneak the 90-day report by using the auto-filled old passport info, since it wasn't expired [just dead because it was replaced.] I kinda thought they maybe.... might...... perhaps...... just not notice! The automated system just might get some kind of automatic reaction from the immigration officer, I figured. But then I chickened out! 😂

What if they ~DID~ catch it and think I was trying to pull something??? hahaha! And I would also have already sworn on the submission to the info being correct....... which could wind up biting me in the bottom!)

Well i did just that, just because your passport is replaced with a new one does'nt mean your visa/90 day is cancelled imo.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

not correct but good advice regardless

To verify this, I looked at several "how to" websites. On three of them I found this sentence (or variations thereof):

• You cannot do ONLINE reporting not earlier that 15 days before the reporting date and not later than 7 days before the reporting date.

(Side Note: The double-negative makes it fun. 😂 "cannot do... not earlier that [sic]" Either the "not" in cannot has got to go away, or the "not" in "not earlier than." Otherwise, it says the opposite of what they mean it to say! LOL)

Note that both the 15 days mentioned, and the 7 days, are talking about BEFORE the reporting date.

This wrong info is probably how I got it wrong three years ago........ (since I got it from SOMEWHERE! 😂)....... and it's still out there!

(Thus a good reminder that not all information sources get it right! Which, of course, now includes ME on THIS website! Hahaha!)

Thanks for the clarification!

Cheers!

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

To verify this, I looked at several "how to" websites. On three of them I found this sentence (or variations thereof):

• You cannot do ONLINE reporting not earlier that 15 days before the reporting date and not later than 7 days before the reporting date.

(Side Note: The double-negative makes it fun. 😂 "cannot do... not earlier that [sic]" Either the "not" in cannot has got to go away, or the "not" in "not earlier than." Otherwise, it says the opposite of what they mean it to say! LOL)

Note that both the 15 days mentioned, and the 7 days, are talking about BEFORE the reporting date.

This wrong info is probably how I got it wrong three years ago........ (since I got it from SOMEWHERE! 😂)....... and it's still out there!

(Thus a good reminder that not all information sources get it right!)

Thanks for the clarification!

Cheers!

That's how it was with the original iteration - the window officially was between 15 and 7 days before, although someone said in another thread that if you you did it within 7-0 days it would be accepted.

23 minutes ago, mokwit said:

That's how it was with the original iteration - the window officially was between 15 and 7 days before, although someone said in another thread that if you you did it within 7-0 days it would be accepted.

15 days before

On 8/2/2024 at 9:02 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

I always submit my online 90 day report on the first possible day of the reporting window.

All the more reason to do this IMHO since, if it is subsequently rejected, there might still be time to use the snail mail option instead.

On 8/2/2024 at 10:00 AM, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Good to hear that English native speakers may not be the sole experts in the double negative! ☺️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 11:51 AM, Digitalbanana said:

Is this  first-time requests of a 90-day notification in each country visit, in-person presentation  a retrograde update to the TM47 report new web site? The previous version of the web site didn't need an in person visit and accepted the reports online. Or is there some other immigration reason for requiring people go in person?

They've changed the rule. I discovered this several months ago (see my shock discovery a couple of pages back). I was forced to attend in person. I spoke to the Immigration Officer and she said the rule was deeply unpopular (the rule change was early this year and came from the top).

There are now massive lines at Chaeng Wattana when previously you could turn up with just a dozen or so in front of you. 

The change is because presumably the old regime effectively made it impossible to track foreigners'residence, since it was always possible that the lack of notification was due to exiting and re-entering the country.

Clearly, this lacuna in the tools for tracking foreigners could have been filled by coordination of Immigration entrypoints data being linked to Immigration's 90 day procedure, but that would require work on their part (every border, including little rural ones, would need new computer software and training). It is far easier to lay the extra work on us...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

They've changed the rule. I discovered this several months ago (see my shock discovery a couple of pages back). I was forced to attend in person. I spoke to the Immigration Officer and she said the rule was deeply unpopular (the rule change was early this year and came from the top).

There are now massive lines at Chaeng Wattana when previously you could turn up with just a dozen or so in front of you. 

The change is because presumably the old regime effectively made it impossible to track foreigners'residence, since it was always possible that the lack of notification was due to exiting and re-entering the country.

Clearly, this lacuna in the tools for tracking foreigners could have been filled by coordination of Immigration entrypoints data being linked to Immigration's 90 day procedure, but that would require work on their part (every border, including little rural ones, would need new computer software and training). It is far easier to lay the extra work on us...

I'm sure they are linked,I did a online report 20 days prior to my new report date window,it was rejected for being outside of the 15 day window.

My earliest reporting date is Aug 20.

I have decided to report by mail as post office is just 300 metres from home.

7 hours ago, norbra said:
7 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I'm sure they are linked,I did a online report 20 days prior to my new report date window,it was rejected for being outside of the 15 day window.

I'm inferring from what you wrote they established you were attempting the notification earlier than 75 days after entering the country. 

But that is very unlikely to be the case. All people who were excessively beyond the notification time receive a notice from the immigration office saying that after a trip abroad then notification must be done in person (you will see several examples of the exact wording above. It is the notice I received.). 

It is more likely that they simply looked at your notification attempt and assumed you were on your old schedule. The reason I think this is because they will automatically reject your notification if it is an attempt after re-entering the country, so logically they have no reason to reject your notification for any other reason, such as being outside the notification period.

But then again logic is not their first priority. And neither of us really know how the mechanism works. The only thing I know for certain is that the 90 days notification is not linked to the visa extension data nor is it linked to passport number changes despite being in the same office (the Immigration Officer told me this). So I find it difficult to believe it is linked to some remote border entrypoint.

How is it possible!  Slow

got to repost a thread that started 2021 with 87 pages!

Rules and things that never work the way it suppose?

I read somewhere early this year they upgraded the system linked 90 days with TM30, last year I left the country return report date reset when time I logged on and TM47, day later it got accepted.

This year 2024, left in Feb, returned time to report went online it was rejected first time with explanation when return first time must do in person. 

I was registered before.

I went to the link, and try to register again.

Received the massage:" email exist already.

So it looks like in case you were registered before, you don't have to do it again.

On 8/1/2024 at 2:19 PM, smedly said:

they seem very strict with rules until it comes to agents and people who don't meet the finacial requirements which are very clear

Pathetic isn't it, follow Thai law visa and extension policies and they make it a rough ride - 25,000 is better than 1900 I guess .....😉

• Like 1