MAKRO Precooked Frozen Turkeys

arick

I am here in Jomethien and saw some brown looking frozen things here it was Precooked Turkeys. They proably are 450 a kilo or 450 each. 

Would you try one?  Proably what they are serving at Xmas lunch at the local restaurants. 

• Like 1

I ordered a pre cooked butterball last year and it was OK but not as good as a fresh cooked one. The rules may be changing I have seen frozen raw butterball turkey this year. I will make do with a Hungry  man TV dinner. Gotta like Villa deliveries.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The USA can only send pre-cooked Turkeys here,

something to do with Bird Flu or some other bird

diseases over there. not 450 THB each ,per Kilo.

regards Worgeordie     

No they had uncooked Americian Turkeys in Tops last year for 3000 baht and up 

Edited by arick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, arick said:

I doubt even if there from the states looks like a Thai Turkey Company.  Your better off have new Zealand lamb or Sirlion roast. 

We are having  new zealand lamb,the wife loves it almost as much as welsh lamb that is brought up on salt plains in s wales( can only get it there it is fantastic ) still tried one of those pre cooked turkeys one year ,not all that nice. So lamb it iz with roast parsnips ,sent by angels from heaven????

Had some remarkably strange looking skinny but also very fatty local Turkey a few years ago at a friends house - it was awful....

Also had a Turkey delivered by Sunrise taco’s (in BKK) a couple of years ago... obviously fully cooked along with pots and vet, stuffing etc....  a

It surprised the heck out of me that a fast food mex restaurant did turkey... t’was impressive. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

We are having  new zealand lamb,the wife loves it almost as much as welsh lamb that is brought up on salt plains in s wales( can only get it there it is fantastic ) still tried one of those pre cooked turkeys one year ,not all that nice. So lamb it iz with roast parsnips ,sent by angels from heaven????

Don't forget the mint jelly.  

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Had some remarkably strange looking skinny but also very fatty local Turkey a few years ago at a friends house - it was awful....

Also had a Turkey delivered by Sunrise taco’s (in BKK) a couple of years ago... obviously fully cooked along with pots and vet, stuffing etc....  a

It surprised the heck out of me that a fast food mex restaurant did turkey... t’was impressive. 

yeah I got the same from Sunrise and it was the best TurkeyIve had in a long while.. generous servings of side dishes and their cherry and blueberry pies are to die for 

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Last year.... This year have only seen pre cooked Butterball Turkeys.

Thai turkeys are not cooked, but only look to be skin and bones.

regards Worgeordie

Had some Thai turkey a few years agto in Samui. Dark meat that looked and tasted like duck..the <deleted>s.

18 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Don’t do it.  They are hideous.  Tried last year and spoiled Christmas dinner..  subsequently tried Thai raised fresh Turkey and that was a major disappointment as well.  I am going to try goose or ham this year.

Here's what I do. Get a pre cooked chicked from Makro, Make or buy stuffing/dressing, mashed spuds,gravy and cranberry sauce. You should be able to get 2 meals from that for under 500 baht. It works for me. I've been to local places that sell Thanksgiving turkey dinners and they shredded the meat?? yuk

• Like 1

Gave up on turkey over two decades ago, even after trying turducken (too time consuming) and deep fried in peanut oil (one trick pony).  Holidays at Iron Tongue's household revolves around prime rib roast.  Easiest thing to make and no drying out like turkey.  5-minutes per pound @ 500°F, then turn off oven and wait 2-hours without opening oven.  Perfect med-rare prime rib every time!

Its been a while since We have had Turkey at Xmas, they are just too big, 

you have Xmas dinner, then your eating it for next 2 weeks , sandwiches,

with chips , in white sauce , curry,  stir fry ,it never ends.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1