Pattaya Immigration office rammedHundreds of people queuing outside today

The Hammer2021

On 12/13/2021 at 2:06 PM, david555 said:

hooked  on them year after year"

And thank good ness for that.  I will never go back to doing it myself, too much waiting round and paperwork hassle as each IO seems to interpret the rules differently , no thanks. 

p/s I follow the rules for money in the bank, so my back story is legit and in any event, Immigration look no further back than the last year, as that is the only statement you need to produce.  

Edited by Doctor Tom

On 12/13/2021 at 11:56 AM, david555 said:

Had the same on 22 November when doing 90 day money check ( ret.ext. 800K still intact on bank checking....)

1 hour que...once inside there was a total empty desk 8.....just accept the doc. ...no checking even my bankbook or passort....I asked what are consequenses if we would not do this checking ....

Amazing answer ....." NO CONSEQUENSES "

Taking us as fools in covid que times ????

I too asked  what are the consequences  for not showing the 800,000 months after   Visa renewal, he said you will not be able to re new your visa next year !!

On 12/13/2021 at 1:23 PM, KhunLA said:

Choose your home province wisely.  Hua Hin, PKK is bad enough, though only couple hours on bad day for extending.

Still won't use an agent, charging something like 10k and up, depending on what you do or don't have.

I can sit there for $100-300 USD an hour and UP.  Save all my internet reading till I get there, passes the time quick enough.

how can you say Hua Hin is bad?

Absolute rubbish information from you

Even after a holiday, the longest I waited was just over an hour.

That was in Blueport to do a change of address notification.

At main immigration Hua Hin, waiting times virtually zero.

If someone wants to live in Pattaya......up to them.......suck it up, or use an agent

On 12/13/2021 at 3:07 PM, jacko45k said:

Your post had me on the phone..... I have the bank deposit and said I would get the bank letter and was told 10,000 baht. Not really small.....

27 Baht a day over one year? I'd call that very small and well worth it to avoid hassle  and the inconsistences of all IOs. ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

27 Baht a day over one year? I'd call that very small and well worth it to avoid hassle  and the inconsistences of all IOs. ? 

Yes, it is all perspective. Usually do it earlier, and rarely encounter these crowds... in that case it takes only moments, and is no more effort or onerous than the trips to an agent... and I save 8000 baht or so. 

Dividing the cost over a year is window dressing.... a good night out 8000 baht!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

If someone wants to live in Pattaya......up to them.......suck it up, or use an agent

Reading comprehension ... I stated "bad enough"  

Some days for extension of visa, It's taken just over 1 hr, others 4+ hrs.

Bluport doesn't do extensions.  Apples & oranges ... as usually.

For 90 day pulse checks at local Imm office, I'm in / out in 1 minute, or as long as it takes to print off notification for next visit.

Maybe I got spoiled using the Nong Khai / Udon Thani Imm offices, as in & out under 1 hour all the time for extensions of visa.  But that was before the scammers ruined everything, and now need shy of 100 pages of verifying paperwork for the IO to sort through.  Thankfully they're gone, but the hassle for the IO isn't.

Pattaya ... you couldn't give me free all expense paid holiday to visit there.  On that, you couldn't give me a free condo to live there ... no thanks.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

And yet here you are in a Pattaya Centric part of the Forum looking for something to do..... unless putting Pattaya down is your life from there in the backwaters!

Topic is more about Thai gov't lack of using social distancing, but expect everyone else to.  Really nothing to do with Patts.  I enter AN 'view new content', not Patts centric forum.  Can't really choose specific topics I prefer to read, on the format I prefer.

Spin it anyway you want to fit your thoughts.   My other comments, thoughts about Patts, weren't  to the OP's post.

Have a nice day.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:22 PM, Doctor Tom said:

Then knowing that, I wonder why people go on a Monday after a holiday. It seems pretty easy just to avoid the obviously busy times, unless they just don't care about queuing in the sun. 

Much easier to blame the victim instead of blaming the useless incompetent office which did not anticipate the large volume of people and did nothing to alleviate the impact. They should have known this would happen after a holiday and could easily increase staff of implement some fast tracking measures.

I drove past this afternoon and it looked busy but everyone queuing seemed to be under cover. From what people have been saying, it seems that there's no sitting around inside the office any more, it's only the people being seen to that are allowed in. If that's the case then maybe it's not so bad, what you see outside is just the people who would normally be sitting inside waiting for their turn.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

This large queue was unusual. First time I've ever seen it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Much easier to blame the victim instead of blaming the useless incompetent office which did not anticipate the large volume of people and did nothing to alleviate the impact. They should have known this would happen after a holiday and could easily increase staff of implement some fast tracking measures.

They did and do know. The queue outside was caused by there being no queue inside.

5 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

And thank good ness for that.  I will never go back to doing it myself, too much waiting round and paperwork hassle as each IO seems to interpret the rules differently , no thanks. 

p/s I follow the rules for money in the bank, so my back story is legit and in any event, Immigration look no further back than the last year, as that is the only statement you need to produce.  

That is the assistance use of an agent ....not the fraudulous use ...congrats sir  !

And  no objection on that use ????

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This large queue was unusual. First time I've ever seen it.

We did our 90 day two weeks ago the place was almost empty just one chap in front doing his 90 day.

It took longer to get the ticket than the 90 day slip due to the clueless who go there without the paperwork all ready filled in.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:22 PM, Doctor Tom said:

Then knowing that, I wonder why people go on a Monday after a holiday. It seems pretty easy just to avoid the obviously busy times, unless they just don't care about queuing in the sun. 

Because if they didn't, it'd be like that on Tuesday instead.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:42 PM, Danny Australia said:

I'm not sure what you and some others expect from the Immigration Service.  The choice is yours to come here and subject yourself to their rules and services, they didn't ask you to come here, you came of your own accord.  Why should they increase staffing, and take the cost of doing so,  just to make a few expats feel better? I expect very little from them, hence I fit in with their system and use a legit agent to do my donkey work.