Thailand announces new measures for foreign arrivals, New Year countdown details

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And further on in the report:

"Foreign arrivals under “test and go” and “sandbox” schemes are the only ones subject to a maximum of one-day quarantine while awaiting their negative COVID RT-PCR test results. For other arrivals, those who are fully vaccinated will be subject to 7 days isolation in their hotels, and one RT-PCR test plus a second antigen test, effective December 16th." (I added the emphasis)

So we're back to the quarantine scheme, just when it looked like tourism was starting to pick back up.

Yes I noticed that. 

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And further on in the report:

"Foreign arrivals under “test and go” and “sandbox” schemes are the only ones subject to a maximum of one-day quarantine while awaiting their negative COVID RT-PCR test results. For other arrivals, those who are fully vaccinated will be subject to 7 days isolation in their hotels, and one RT-PCR test plus a second antigen test, effective December 16th." (I added the emphasis)

So we're back to the quarantine scheme, just when it looked like tourism was starting to pick back up.

who exactly do they mean by "other arrivals who are fully vaccinated". I live in bkk and have booked to go to phuket over xmas and NY arriving after dec 16.

• Like 1

I realized that I did not understand anything.

If my country is not included in the list of 63 countries and I previously planned 7 days (or 5 days from December 16) in the SHA + sandbox, then what category of foreigners do I fall into now?

Edited by Farangus
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Farangus said:

I realized that I did not understand anything.

If my country is not included in the list of 63 countries and I previously planned 7 days (or 5 days from December 16) in the SHA + sandbox, then what category of foreigners do I fall into now?

This is for the alterntive quarantine i guess?

Edited by henry213

Much of Canada mixed vaccines and up to 12 weeks between doses. I have emailed Thai Consulate in Vancouver and Thai Embassy on Ottawa for verification that Canada Vaccine Cert would be accepted but never received any answer from either.

Has anyone from Canada with mixed Pfizer and Moderna more than 4 weeks apart managed to get Thailand Pass