how many betrayed you ?

CharlieH

You guys may find this hard to believe, but never.  That is, I've never been truly in love with a girl who broke my heart.  But I've broken a few hearts in my life.  Not proud of it because they were all wonderful women.  But I was always searching for something better.  Of course, they don't exist.

Now if we're talking about women who I chased but blew me off....well that's another matter.  In those cases, I never built up any sort of strong feelings to feel betrayed.  And in Thailand, it's really hard to get obsessed with someone who rejects you because there are so many suitable subs.  Unless you have some real self-esteem issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, connda said:

You completely understand! 
I love the "Get Out Of Jail Free Card!"

If you are a Christian you aren't perfect!  You're forgiven.

That excuses all.  <laughs>  No wonder I'm Buddhist. 

You are only forgiven if you demonstrate true contrition. Your mockery is based on ignorance and lack of theological ignorance.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, connda said:

I will not disagree with you there.  There is truth to that.
But - although a minority - there are women who have a child and ditch the child and the father.  With all the above being true for them. 

To claim that it's only a "man thing" is tosh. And I really am tire of it as I raised my daughter with **** for support from my ex-wife at a time I should have collected public assistance, but both my daughter and I - jointly - forged a path alone. With me?  A full-time student in university and working a side job to keep food on the table. 

I get the struggle.  It's not limited to women.

I too raised my daughter from 2 years of age on what they is known as a shared care agreement, 50/50, albeit the ex wouldn't agree to it, until the lawyer made sure her lawyer knew if she wanted to waste the better part of a hundred thousand + dollars I was up for it, i.e. going to court, and I would go for full custody.

Never received a penny from her, they were supposed to take the top salary earned and deduct the lessor salary and then work out what the child support payments were to be, she always earned cash so I was the one paying child support for about 12 months, till my boss said, that ain't fair, and said become a contractor and I will write you a cheque and cash it in here for you, what goes around comes around.

The whole system back home when it comes to child support is in the woman's favour, I was met with bitche$ on the other end of the phone constantly hounding me for child support, with my reply being, and how many calls have you made to her, um, eh, ah, yeh, that's what I though, click.....call ended.

But from my experience here, the Thai women do have it hard, a classic example would be my wife, husband f'd off when she gave birth, he was always on the prowl, has had 5 women that we know of that he also f'd off after they gave birth, no child support, kids have no idea who the father is and life goes on.

It's dog eat dog here, and back in the old country, you are the dog, all of the above said, my daughter who is 24 now knows that I adore her, as she does me, and I have NEVER bad mouthed my x to her because when it ended, she ended, and I wasn't going to allow her to think she had any control over me or that she could annoy me, she had to deal with my much younger 21 year younger pretty wife when it came to our daughter, that was my way of sticking it to her, I used to love it when I would hear my ex say to my wife, can you tell her father that bla bla bla and my wife would say, no that won't be possible, with my ex saying, but you haven't even spoken to him, yes, you are correct, he has told me to deal with everything regarding your daughter as I am her step mother and can make decisions on his behalf, therefore I won't bother him, you can deal with me direct, OMG, she didn't like it, but had no choice as I was out of the picture with her period.

Whoever said revenge is bitter sweet, is absolutely spot on. 

Better to get your own betrayal in first ! So never betrayed ! 

Did fire one great lady in Dubai for “being insufficiently ready for me”.

Had a strict Zero Tolerance policy with women back then.

Turns out she was seeing an Oz guy on the side who later settled with her there and put her through university so clearly the better bet for her.

Fired another for “failing to stop coughing”. Water in front of her so she had it coming. ????And No, I have never been certified ….????

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh dear! Men talking about being betrayed, when it´s mostly men that goes with other young girls and betrays their wife in Thailand. But, hey! Most of them have a perfectly good excuse, or just believe it´s a mans right to do that.

While the girls offering such services are married themselves too and have 2-3 children with 2-3 fathers. But let's blame all guys on a minority of farang sexpats / sex tourists.

• Haha 1

I do not do marriage nonsense as it is just a waste of money IMO but I have been betrayed by 3/3 serious relationships in Thailand of which I am still stuck to the last one as of having a child. I do not plan to start another relationship with a Thai either, I opt-in for booty calls instead. 

Anyway, funny thing is that all 3 regret it until this day and have pretty sad lives being ignorant/naive. This while all friendships and a bit shorter term relationships have been drama free entirely. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Fired another for “failing to stop coughing”. Water in front of her so she had it coming. ????And No, I have never been certified ….????

Your supposed to give them a slight break between water sports. :giggle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

(by now I've learned faithful is a mugs game).

expecting faithful is a mugs game... whether it be a better opportunity, a new attraction, people change, people like variety. the idea that you are going to meet one person at age 20 and change in a similar compatible fashion throughout decades, I don't think is realistic... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

My ex-wife lost custody of my daughter to me when my daughter was 11.
I paid my ex-wife custody up until my daughter was handed over to me by a court.
My ex-wife never paid me a cent.  Nothing.  Ever.  And I couldn't get WA state to move against her.  They needed me to provide her SSN to them? They were a government organization who collected support from me.  They had her SSN. 

So give it a ****ing break.  There are two sides to the lame story.  I don't want to hear it - it's total BS.

There as some men and women who drop the financial support of their children. 

Same here.... Raised my daughter from 3 months until majority age.....If I put one ¢ cent/penny on a counter that would be 1¢ more than she ever contributed....

On the flip side of that, there was zero interaction or interference.....The silver lining....

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I'm quite happy with getting blown off

Found they DO exist ! Fired the real “one” on “ passport insufficiently mobile” grounds then ended up with great Korean ( same level ) NOW with fantastic educated Thai lady & our son. Final Stop . Unless she dumps my old <deleted> that is…….

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

While the girls offering such services are married themselves too and have 2-3 children with 2-3 fathers. But let's blame all guys on a minority of farang sexpats / sex tourists.

No, not like that! But, it´s just pathetic of a minority of Thai male expats, to bring up such a thread.

11 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

expecting faithful is a mugs game... whether it be a better opportunity, a new attraction, people change, people like variety. the idea that you are going to meet one person at age 20 and change in a similar compatible fashion throughout decades, I don't think is realistic... 

I always felt duty, honour, your children and promises before God were more important than sex, attraction and personal gratification. Obviously I was wrong.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always felt duty, honour, your children and promises before God were more important than sex, attraction and personal gratification. Obviously I was wrong.

After 1st wife & 3rd career opportunity company I worked for went bankrupt and left employees hanging, I went into 'me me me' mode.   Eyes wide open. 

Weak spot for kids & dogs though ???? Only ones, that didn't have their own agenda and try to screw me.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 8:20 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

When is a betrayal a betrayal?

Is it necessary that she actively lied?

Or is it enough that the guy's imagination was betrayed? 

Too many guys somehow think that if they do x and y that the outcome must be z.

And if they ask their darling and darling replies: "Sure darling, up to you, I love you too much." then somehow they think nothing can go wrong anymore...

Is that betrayal? 

Good question. I have no idea if either of my long term female partners slept with other men, but was it a betrayal that they promised to love me long time and didn't?

Two relationships failed, because they became enemies, but betrayals? I can't decide.

Anyway, there won't be a third. If there were that would be a betrayal of myself.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:43 AM, Berkshire said:

You guys may find this hard to believe, but never.  That is, I've never been truly in love with a girl who broke my heart.  But I've broken a few hearts in my life.  Not proud of it because they were all wonderful women.  But I was always searching for something better.  Of course, they don't exist.

Now if we're talking about women who I chased but blew me off....well that's another matter.  In those cases, I never built up any sort of strong feelings to feel betrayed.  And in Thailand, it's really hard to get obsessed with someone who rejects you because there are so many suitable subs.  Unless you have some real self-esteem issues.

One of the IMO strange things about women is that they will fall for guys who treat them badly, but will treat men who fall for them badly. All the while proclaiming that men are b'tards.

Gangbangers never seem to have a problem getting good looking women to have sex with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One of the IMO strange things about women is that they will fall for guys who treat them badly, but will treat men who fall for them badly. All the while proclaiming that men are b'tards.

Gangbangers never seem to have a problem getting good looking women to have sex with.

Men fall for bad woman who treat them bad? 

I believe it is same way around, and no difference! 

A god girl is boring and no challenge, and same way around. Sometimes there have to enough energy to keep both parts on their toes to keep it interesting, but it doesn't really last in the long run, however can be exiting for awhile. 

Finely choosed a boring one, and life is good, but

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's the bad boy syndrome.  And yes, most girls don't like guys who fall for them too quickly (too creepy/needy).  I've been told by certain western females back in the day that if they had a choice between a bad boy (read jerk) or a nice guy (read wimp), they'd prefer the bad boy.  This applies to normal people, not famous/rich celebs. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah, met two guys out here, one was a Canadian school librarian, one was an Australian who stayed at home to look after his ageing parents. Neither of them had ever had a relationship with a woman, one in his 50s, the other in his 60s. They couldn't even pay hookers in Thailand enough to have sex with them. When we went out drinking together, I'd have a woman on me within a minute of entering a bar, they'd be totally ignored.

Both really decent, caring, sensitive and nice guys with money, but no woman wanted them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, met two guys out here, one was a Canadian school librarian, one was an Australian who stayed at home to look after his ageing parents. Neither of them had ever had a relationship with a woman, one in his 50s, the other in his 60s. They couldn't even pay hookers in Thailand enough to have sex with them. When we went out drinking together, I'd have a woman on me within a minute of entering a bar, they'd be totally ignored.

Both really decent, caring, sensitive and nice guys with money, but no woman wanted them.

So what was your attraction. Modesty?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So what was your attraction. Modesty?

No idea, we were similar age, similar income, similar education, similar looks (not in a good way).

I'm not nice like they were though.

If I were a woman, I would have chosen them, not me.

I can only guess women don't want nice men.

Or maybe the just like Liverpool supporters, as I always go out wearing my football shirt.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Good question. I have no idea if either of my long term female partners slept with other men, but was it a betrayal that they promised to love me long time and didn't?

I think you know the answer to that.

People can promise to live together with someone for years and they can promise to have sex for years. But they can't realistically promise to love a person for any length of time.