Has your favourite or well liked bar, restaurant or club reopened recently.

The Hammer2021

Yes, many bars, gogos and clubs are now open, not even pretending that they are restaurants. 

But better not mentioning names because they could have problems. 

Anyway, anyone walking around soi Buakhao can see many. And not only there.

• Like 1

Many places have closed never to open up again . and many people have lost their jobs and investment. 

In Khon kaen where we are by the entrance to a parking lot for the morning market there was a mom and pop restaurant that was there for many many years, part of our routine was to go shopping at the morning market , then afterwards put the groceries in the car and go have lunch at that restaurant. Sadly, with covid,  it has gone out of business and now the space is a rice wholesale place.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sirineou said:

Many places have closed never to open up again . and many people have lost their jobs and investment. 

In Khon kaen where we are by the entrance to a parking lot for the morning market there was a mom and pop restaurant that was there for many many years, part of our routine was to go shopping at the morning market , then afterwards put the groceries in the car and go have lunch at that restaurant. Sadly, with covid,  it has gone out of business and now the space is a rice wholesale place.  

I used to sell to some locations in NYC - and knowing the owners, when the doors were shuttered everyone felt bad that they went out of business - - which was true, but they were happily enjoying retirement in Mexico.. 

Work ongoing at the Beer Garden suggesting that an opening is imminent. Many of the bars leading to it have re-opened but the boxing ring is no more.

Tahitian Queen advertising a mid Jan opening. 15th or 16th; can't recall which.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, natway09 said:

Why would the Bangkok BIB get involved in Pattaya ?

They are making enough money turning a blind eye in Bangkok

They may not think so...

I really don't know how the different regions of responsibility are separated. I am sure I have herd of nightlife places being subjected to up to 3 different attempts at shakedown. From Pattaya Police, Provincial Police (Chonburi) and Bangkok Police. Probably just try it on, if they get paid off, well and good, if not, try next door. 

20 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Not been out in months. Really craving a pint of Guinness. In which restaurant might I find one? I think Taco House has it but too much food in there

Best Guinness I have had in Pattaya has been at Caddyshack. Guinness is something like 800B a keg more expensive that before covid, so expect to pay over 200B a pint. Think it was 220B in Caddyshack. a few days ago. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 10:26 AM, sirineou said:

Don't knock cheap rice.... 

• Sad 1

On 12/27/2021 at 6:57 PM, Espanol said:

Yes, many bars, gogos and clubs are now open, not even pretending that they are restaurants. 

But better not mentioning names because they could have problems. 

Anyway, anyone walking around soi Buakhao can see many. And not only there.

There are no GGBs open in Pattaya BUT since I started  this thread many bars  have closed  due to covid outbreaks. Frontline service staff are at the forefront of the receiving  end of the covid disease. Others  are hiding their outbreaks and stay open

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hackjam said:

Best Guinness I have had in Pattaya has been at Caddyshack. Guinness is something like 800B a keg more expensive that before covid, so expect to pay over 200B a pint. Think it was 220B in Caddyshack. a few days ago. 

Guiness depends on turnover..When was the last time places had enough  drinkers to empty a keg?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There are no GGBs open in Pattaya BUT since I started  this thread many bars  have closed  due to covid outbreaks. Frontline service staff are at the forefront of the receiving  end of the covid disease. Others  are hiding their outbreaks and stay open

When I see the numbers come in each day for the Province I am always looking for Banglamung, which has consistently been the highest of late, for the usual top group of 3 (along with Sattahip and Chonburi Muang). I have not really seen further commentary on outbreaks, like we had before, listing areas where clusters have been found. My recent ride down soi Buakhao had me concerned as no measures or restrictions seemed evident.

• Like 1