Intense anxiety from Thai beer

Benithon

21 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

To see the real light, one needs to go over to a good local Ya Dong. 

They call it beer here but Chang which I prefer is to me a lager you can get beer in the red house pub in CM & Guinness which is call stout.  

37 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

They call it beer here but Chang which I prefer is to me a lager you can get beer in the red house pub in CM & Guinness which is call stout.  

Try the little known Chang Export. 

25 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Try the little known Chang Export. 

Yeah I find that OK along with cold brew but only Chang classic out of a bottle poured into a glass is my preference.
Obviously everyone has a different taste buds which is understandable and mine is Chang it's like lager to me with a twang of malt.

11 hours ago, LennyW said:

Leo is probably the best of a dodgy lot, Leo recipe was created by a German Brewmaster. 

One of the drawbacks of living in Thailand is the crapola ‘beer’ and woeful choice. Leo used to be the just ok of the ‘big three’ until it was homogenised down a few years ago. Beer Laos for me all day long when available. 

Op, Bad hangovers and feeling rubbish for days is common. If not drinking is not an option, simultaneously get loads of water down and down many carbon tabs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

One of the drawbacks of living in Thailand is the crapola ‘beer’ and woeful choice. Leo used to be the just ok of the ‘big three’ until it was homogenised down a few years ago. Beer Laos for me all day long when available. 

Op, Bad hangovers and feeling rubbish for days is common. If not drinking is not an option, simultaneously get loads of water down and down many carbon tabs. 

Tops Pattaya has a large selection of beer from abroad you just need to cough up the money

Edited by scubascuba3

Most could not tell the difference in beer if chang was put in a leo bottle and vice versa and a lot of other beers the same, i say this as years ago i worked in a pub in Camden town across from mornington cresent tube then called the southhampton now changed.The pub had big frosted glass windows declaring it had "Bass on tap" the other beers were Watneys and Guiness,eighty percent of the drinkers drank Bass declaring the other watneys was <deleted>,i dank Guinness,one day when working by myself the Bass ran out first time for me so off i go down through the trap door to the basement to hook up a keg, well do you think i could find the Bass keg nooo, on finding the publican and telling of my problem,he informed me that it all came out of the same keg or bank of kegs Watneys and nobody could tell the difference as he had not had Bass for some time. This may not stand true for all beers today but a lot have similar taste that by changing the packaging most would not know .

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Get yourself tested for covid. 

It sounds like you've been infected. 

15 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I rarely drink Thai stuff they call 'beer'. Heineken for me or better, when i can find it, London Pride  ???? 

Why so many trolls on here, Are you declaring Thai beer is not capable of giving a hangover ? instead reassuring yourself that it's covid?? possible IQ check required IMHO on your behalf.

Edited by Benithon
S
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Tops Pattaya has a large selection of beer from abroad you just need to cough up the money

Certain brands might be a little better than others in terms of hangovers, but too much drink will give one a hangover, and the older we get, the worse they get and the longer they last and they can start to cause 'hangover anxiety'. Either stop, reduce, or have Xanax or Valium ready in the morning. 

35 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I have to agree Leo beer is  probably the last on my list to drink

Stick to Chang beer you know it makes sense 

New formula Chang since 2015 is donkey peepee. Worst of the sad lot. ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Haha 2

You might try Lao Beer IPA.

Not a lager beer, but no more stomach trouble for me since drinking it instead of Thai beers.....

Even Lao Beer Lager might give some relief.

Me, I choose IPA.

Edited by hansnl
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

New formula Chang since 2015 is donkey peepee. Worst of the sad lot. ????

I don't find the 5% a bad taste its still as good to me and at least I can walk a straight line after 4 large bottles, the 6•4% was too strong as a session beer. 

I remember vaguely it was 6% then 5•5% then 5%.

I remember reading there was some kind of check on beers years ago and like many shops rotation of stock in some ma & pop shops is not always a priority.

They found a Change 6•4% right at the back of a self unfrigerated and testing it, it was 8% + something so it must of been continuing to ferment in the bottle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Is suggesting somebody is suffering from Delirium Tremens now considered politically incorrect?

Asking for a friend.:coffee1:

It always was, booze is on a back burner from me, going to detox in Chang Mai, no more booze. Ever .

29 minutes ago, hansnl said:

You might try Lao Beer IPA.

Not a lager beer, but no more stomach trouble for me since drinking it instead of Thai beers.....

Even Lao Beer Lager might give some relief.

Me, I choose IPA.

I agree and find all Lao brews palatable, especially the Dark. It's strong and rich tho. Very filling after a couple. They're all good and vastly superior to any of the terrible Thai beers.

Edited by Skeptic7

22 hours ago, internationalism said:

which one was it?

probably just enhanced emotions which you already had. 

And probably of those emotions you went into binge drinking

Probably Archer. That gives me the sh.ts. big time!!!!????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN
Update