Foreign tourists satisfied with Thai people’s friendliness, according to Ministry of Tourism and Sports’ survey

webfact

Article mentions that the interviews were conducted face-to-face.

"How you like Thailand?" is used universally as a conversation starter among Thais interacting with foreigners. Most tourists quickly learn that any response other than a super-enthusiastic "I LOVE Thailand!!!!" is usually met with crestfallen disappointment and that giving nuanced feedback is not generally very well received. This would be especially true if the interviewer was wearing any type of official uniform. It would be interesting to see if the responses solicited by Western interviewers were more candid.

With that said, had I been interviewed, I probably would have given high marks, except perhaps at the airport. Am also left wondering what item #13 "Thai People Services" encompasses. :whistling:

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

This survey appears to be based on tourist interaction with Thais working in tourism.  Of course they are going to be friendly and good manners. 
But actually living here for a period of time , one will see the reality.  

And what is the reality?? 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

14 types of services as follows:

1. Airports
  2. Public transport services
  3. Visitor Centers
  4. Sea/Beach Attractions
  5. Eco-tourism
  6. Historical Sites
  7. Accommodation services
  8. Restaurant/Food and beverage outlets
  9. Merchandise/souvenir shops
  10. Health care services
  11. Tour guide services
  12. Tour Guides
  13. Thai People services
  14. Thailand Tourism Directory website visitors

Hmm, now I wonder why bars and clubs are missing from that list when they played such a major part in the holidays of many tourists before the pandemic? Maybe Prayut's got his dream and only quality family tourists are coming to Thailand now, the kind of people who want to spend their holiday at historical sites and on eco-tourism, and would never dream of going anywhere but their five-star hotel's cocktail bar for a libation, lol.