More insurance firms face bankruptcy if COVID-19 insurance claims are not scrapped

webfact

10 minutes ago, mrfill said:

It seems they haven't taken into account the greed of the hospitals who, quite happily, will inflate the price to absurd levels believing that the insurance companies will just cough up. They should have realised they aren't the only crooks in town.

Sorry that is not the kind of policy that it is about so your comment is groundless.

The only way to save them is for the Insurance Commission to rescind the Registrar’s Order and allow insurance firms to scrap the “Find, Pay, End” policies, which enable the insured to claim compensation from the firms when it is proved that they were infected with COVID-19.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea .. i already know this that is I mention it. I doubt that these insurance companies only have covid policies. I wonder if the people cheering in this topic will be so happy if their car insurance is gone because of one of these companies going bankrupt. (just an example house insurance too). 

So be careful what you wish for, there are probably more insurances issued then just covid ones and they will all be gone.

This kind of thing happens every now and again, in which case you take out a new policy with a solvent company.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

This kind of thing happens every now and again, in which case you take out a new policy with a solvent company.

Of course, however the people in this topic are cheering, i wonder how much they cheer if it hits them personally too. Its great to wish misfortune on an insurance company. However if that means they have to pay a couple of 1000bt again for insurance will they cheer then too or moan ?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1