What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Outer Range, TV series, 4 episodes out.

Described as Yellowstone meets Supernatural.

Strange happenings on a modern ranch in the Yellowstone area.

Worth a look-see? 

Im liking the first two episodes of Mayans - first one was pretty intense, the storyline is slowly unfolding. 

The Informant is interesting, I’m digging the Soviet post punk soundtrack, although it’s not entirely accurate. I finally found a series pack of a Russian series -  golddiggers with subtitles which maybe worth a look. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, recom273 said:

Worth a look-see? 

Im liking the first two episodes of Mayans - first one was pretty intense, the storyline is slowly unfolding. 

The Informant is interesting, I’m digging the Soviet post punk soundtrack, although it’s not entirely accurate. I finally found a series pack of a Russian series -  golddiggers with subtitles which maybe worth a look. 

I've watched the Mayans seasons 1-3 and thought it was very good.

There are a few new additions from the UK TV this week---some seem a little light on content--- but I haven't got round to  sampling yet, so but maybe not.

Chivalry--Drama Ch 4--IMDB 6.4            6 episodes IMDB ...I got from Chaos

Gender politics and romance come under close scrutiny in this comedy-drama written by and featuring Steve Coogan and Sarah Solemani. Shrewd studio executive Jean Shrill (Wanda Sykes) arranges for passionate indie-darling film-maker Bobby Sohrabi (Solemani), to take over as director of a problematic movie produced by Cameron O'Neill (Coogan). Cameron must navigate remaining relevant at a time when cancel-culture is all too real and is surprised when spending time with Bobby awakens a creative side of himself, he thought had long-since passed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Life After Life---- BBC 2 Sort of a Russian Doll situation-- keeps coming back to life...

IMDB are giving this  a rave review & 7.8  just 4 episodes From Chaos

Ursula's story begins in 1910, when she is born to parents Sylvie and Hugh but tragically dies before she draws her first breath. However on the very same evening, she is reborn and this time she survives, a strange phenomenon that happens over and over which sees Ursula navigating a series parallel lives set against the backdrop of two World Wars.

---------------------------------------------------

Compulsion---Ch-5  4 episodes IMDB 6.2----Chaos

After surviving a tragedy, paramedic Jenny Challoner struggles with PTSD. Concealing her suffering from husband Chris, friend Alison and daughter Rosie, Jenny's life spirals out of control.

----------------------------------------------------------

Why Didn't They Ask Evans?-----3 episodes IMDB 7.4  -- Chaos

A dying man's enigmatic last words send vicar's son, Bobby Jones, and his socialite friend, Lady Frankie Derwent, on a crime-solving

----------------------------------------------------

The Rising----UKTV  8 episodes   IMDB  7.5

Neve Kelly discovers she is dead. She's scared and confused by this new existence. But, when she realizes she has been murdered, she's furious. She's determined to find her killer and get justice, believing that it was someone she knew.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 2

I have mentioned it before RAPIDMOVIEZ is a good INFO site to track when a TV episode has come out, it updates every hour. I sometimes go to it when I am not sure if an episode is out yet--as it should be, but with some shows they will skip weeks with no notice or explanation & IMDB often get it wrong.  RAPIDMOVIEZ does track movies as well--but they are easy to track in so many other places.

It has a data base for TV episodes which can take you back to 2011

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched The Duke last night, really quite good and based on a true story:

In 1961, Kempton Bunton, a 60 year old taxi driver, steals Goya's portrait of the Duke of Wellington from the National Gallery in London.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

There are a few new additions from the UK TV this week---some seem a little light on content--- but I haven't got round to  sampling yet, so but maybe not.

Chivalry--Drama Ch 4--IMDB 6.4            6 episodes IMDB ...I got from Chaos

Gender politics and romance come under close scrutiny in this comedy-drama written by and featuring Steve Coogan and Sarah Solemani. Shrewd studio executive Jean Shrill (Wanda Sykes) arranges for passionate indie-darling film-maker Bobby Sohrabi (Solemani), to take over as director of a problematic movie produced by Cameron O'Neill (Coogan). Cameron must navigate remaining relevant at a time when cancel-culture is all too real and is surprised when spending time with Bobby awakens a creative side of himself, he thought had long-since passed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Life After Life---- BBC 2 Sort of a Russian Doll situation-- keeps coming back to life...

IMDB are giving this  a rave review & 7.8  just 4 episodes From Chaos

Ursula's story begins in 1910, when she is born to parents Sylvie and Hugh but tragically dies before she draws her first breath. However on the very same evening, she is reborn and this time she survives, a strange phenomenon that happens over and over which sees Ursula navigating a series parallel lives set against the backdrop of two World Wars.

---------------------------------------------------

Compulsion---Ch-5  4 episodes IMDB 6.2----Chaos

After surviving a tragedy, paramedic Jenny Challoner struggles with PTSD. Concealing her suffering from husband Chris, friend Alison and daughter Rosie, Jenny's life spirals out of control.

----------------------------------------------------------

Why Didn't They Ask Evans?-----3 episodes IMDB 7.4  -- Chaos

A dying man's enigmatic last words send vicar's son, Bobby Jones, and his socialite friend, Lady Frankie Derwent, on a crime-solving

----------------------------------------------------

The Rising----UKTV  8 episodes   IMDB  7.5

Neve Kelly discovers she is dead. She's scared and confused by this new existence. But, when she realizes she has been murdered, she's furious. She's determined to find her killer and get justice, believing that it was someone she knew.

ive already seen ,why didnt they ask evans and quite enjoyed it ,

as for life after life ,Goodness knows why it got rave reviews ,to be honest i found the acting good ,but could not follow it and got bored ,when i start looking at my phone ,i know its time to quit..

ik tv is good isnt it .

• Like 1

Below Deck (TV Series 2013– ) - IMDb 7.4/10

Season 7 is a  particularly Interesting and scenic "reality TV" series as it is located around Phuket.

If you are into travel and reality tv, the other related shows are also interesting but addictive.

Below Deck Mediterranean (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb

Below Deck Sailing Yacht (TV Series 2020– ) - IMDb

Below Deck Down Under (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb

• Like 1

I enjoyed a couple of movies with Ben Affleck recently.

The Tender Bar - On Amazon and the torrents.

The Way Back - Netflix and no doubt torrents

Both are dramas.

Another one I just heard about which I will look into is this series..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Just looking at the  write ups on the --Gaslit series that comes out today

I watched the first episode, and it is very, very, funny. Shea Whigham steals this ep with his portrayal of Liddy.

The cast is amazing.

Interesting take on Watergate without portraying nixon.

15 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

I enjoyed a couple of movies with Ben Affleck recently.

Yer I like him---and he has written some good crime stuff with Matt Damon -"The Town".....from his movies I liked  "PayCheck" but I am a Sci-Fi Nut.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

But I do like a bit of sci-fi so will give this a go .

Yer I am the Same Andrew--(Sci-Fi) its lead  me to wasting money on some really rubbish movies over the years.-- (Before the internet gifted them to us)

• Like 1

Chaos is doing a re-run of this ....so I guess it must be around on other sites.......

Ladyboys: Inside Thailand's Third Gender 2014      PDTV   5 Episodes   - Chaos

The lure of Thailand's Ladyboys is so strong that many men will leave behind everything and everyone they know to be with them. This fascinating series follows two expats, Scott and David, and their ladyboy loves. Scott moves to Thailand to join his fiancé, Paeng, after a three year long-distance relationship. David introduces his ladyboy girlfriend.

image.png.6768b6885abf4a596aba36a3a9fc9abb.png

On 4/20/2022 at 1:21 PM, sanuk711 said:

So now for hit men, you have only got "Barry" to watch--The 3rd season, starts 24th with --"Barry searches the dark web for jobs;" if you want the 1/2nd series EZTV has some with a few seeds but, there will probably be a revival once season 3 comes out.

Thanks for the Barry recommendation.

Watched the first episode and think it is quite good.

• Like 1