What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

I recently watched season 1 of The Chelsea Detective. As the title suggests, it's a crime drama, centred around a police Detective Inspector living on a tatty houseboat in Chelsea. It was pretty good and I enjoyed watching it. Worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14321914/

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, bubblegum said:

Having a laugh with "Bullitt Train"

Did get a couple chuckles before falling asleep ... ????

I was fazing in and out, but mostly slept thru it.  Ask the wife today if I missed anything, and she fell asleep deeper than myself.

Might give it another try when really bored, and wife is occupied doing something else.

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Did get a couple chuckles before falling asleep ... ????

I was fazing in and out, but mostly slept thru it.  Ask the wife today if I missed anything, and she fell asleep deeper than myself.

Might give it another try when really bored, and wife is occupied doing something else.

I found it pretty repetitious with the fight scenes. Not something I'd want to watch again.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/23/2022 at 7:39 PM, dingdongrb said:

I watched all of S1 and liked it but got sidetracked and didn't even get started with S2. I did like it and perhaps I'll start it up again but hard to say when as the football season is now upon us.

NOTE: I'm talking real football, not that boing soccer <deleted>.....  ????

By 'real FOOTball' do you mean the one in which they use their HANDS to pass the odd shaped ball?

• Like 1

11 Minutes

RAR

Summary: Through emotional firsthand accounts and never-before-seen archival footage, the new Paramount+ Original docuseries "11 Minutes" immerses viewers inside the largest mass shooting in our country's history. It is a story of humanity and survival at what was supposed to be a festival celebrating country music.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Billy The Kid. Eight episodes. I am up to number 5. Loosely based on his life. From growing up as a young Irish immigrant to a wanted killer.

Have watched the first 8 episodes and now waiting for more............???????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

Have watched the first three episodes of "The Man Who Fell to Earth" and thought it was very poor indeed, so I won't bother watching any more, and as for Bill Nighy making an appearance in it, well he stood out like the proverbial "racing dogs goolies" and IMO totally miscast!

There we go different strokes! I thought it was a brilliant show. Bill Nighy's character role develops further in the next 7 episodes.

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

There we go different strokes! I thought it was a brilliant show. Bill Nighy's character role develops further in the next 7 episodes.

Also enjoyed it, fresh, different, a twist here & there, and coming together in the end.  Need more like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

Have watched the first three episodes of "The Man Who Fell to Earth" and thought it was very poor indeed, so I won't bother watching any more, and as for Bill Nighy making an appearance in it, well he stood out like the proverbial "racing dogs goolies" and IMO totally miscast!

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Also enjoyed it, fresh, different, a twist here & there, and coming together in the end.  Need more like that.

I also enjoyed watching The Man Who Fell To Earth. Bill Nighy is one of my favourite actors and I also like Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 years a slave) and also Naomie Harris (Moneypenny).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I also enjoyed watching The Man Who Fell To Earth. Bill Nighy is one of my favourite actors and I also like Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 years a slave) and also Naomie Harris (Moneypenny).

I normally like Bill Nighy, but in this role/context???? Chiwetel also like and I think Naomie Harris is beautiful............but so far not a "goer" for me. And as has been said: "different strokes for different folks"!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, seedy said:

TPB

br.jpg

Watched that last night, thought it quite good.  Be warned, it is an anti-war movie, Vietnam War setting, which is probably why I enjoyed it so much.

Some reviewers on IMDB, thought that was a negative, and apparently unexpected.  As trailer does give the impression of a comedy.

Bill Murry in it, and playing a straight role.  Excellent by the way, as he is a terrible comedic actor, IMO, and I really don't care for his 'character' acting.  Shame he never did more of that in his prime years.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, seedy said:

TPB

br.jpg

Partly filmed in Thailand.  Don't want to show to much from links I saw, as spoilers may ruin the comedic aspect of the movie:

"THE GREATEST BEER RUN EVER FILMING LOCATIONS

'The Greatest Beer Run Ever' was shot in Thailand and New Jersey, specifically in Bangkok, Chiang Dao, Ratchaburi, Hua Hin, Jersey City, North Bergen, Paterson, and Weehawken. The majority of the filming for the Zac Efron-starrer reportedly began in September 2021 and finished in December of the same year.

BANGKOK, THAILAND

'The Greatest Beer Run Ever' was shot in Bangkok, Thailand's capital and most populous city. The filming team reportedly traveled first to Bangkok to record many war scenes set in Vietnam.

THAILAND'S OTHER LOCATIONS

The production team of 'The Greatest Beer Run Ever' traveled to Ratchaburi and Chiang Dao districts in Chiang Mai province for shooting purposes. Moreover, the Hua Hin district of Prachuap Khiri Khan province stood in for the Danang Airport in Vietnam."

• Like 1