What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

I know a lot of people will only watch highly rated movies. Well, I think that's rubbish. While I have found that movies rated very low on IMDB, Rotten, etc. almost always are time wasters, many of the mid level ones turn out to be charmning gems.

Here's one rated 5.9 on IMDB. 

Starring Ethan Hawke and Asa Butterfield (who you might recognize from the Sex Education series).

• Like 1

I'm currently watching season 1 of The Suspect. It's crime drama set in London centred round a successful clinical psychologist who has just been diagnosed with early-onset Parkinson's disease. Pretty good so far and worth a look IMHO. I think it was previously mentioned by @Will27. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15548144/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Bad Sisters. 5 of them. Irish. very sharp production, from Apple TV - a  witty black comedy mini series 8 episodes. set in Dublin. You may need subtitles to understand the actor (son of Brendan Gleeson) playing the Insurance man character.

2 hours ago, bubblegum said:

House of the Dragon. No story I can find, confusing, very long boring scenes and all in the dark What a waste of time.

I also find it a bit hard to follow the actors randomly changing from episode to episode with no explanation.

Last episode was so dark I couldn't work out what was happening, or to whom.

Essentially the series is a complete bust for me!.

Last episode, someone was buried in the sea, someone was burned and eaten by a dragon, someone lost an eye.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2022 at 4:18 PM, Will27 said:

The Walk-In

TPB

Follows a Neo-Nazi who plans to kill an MP and how his plan was foiled by an inside man.

I've just watched the 5 episodes of season 1 back to back and I thought it was very good. Another good performance by Stephen Graham. I got it from TGx. Well worth a look IMHO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I also find it a bit hard to follow the actors randomly changing from episode to episode with no explanation.

Last episode was so dark I couldn't work out what was happening, or to whom.

Essentially the series is a complete bust for me!.

Last episode, someone was buried in the sea, someone was burned and eaten by a dragon, someone lost an eye.

I thought I was the only one!!! I totally lost the plot in the latest episode, I was doing ok till then

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2022 at 2:46 AM, Jingthing said:

Comedian Trevor Noah is quitting hosting the Daily Show.

I think he aspires to movies.  Also, with a few commas in his net worth he can stop working without fear of poverty.  Unless, of course, he develops a taste for $26 million mansions and showbiz princesses, which seemed the way he was going last year.  Watch that ego, bro.

I stopped watching DS a few years ago. That guy Roy Wood is the pits, and I'm waiting for his "white women" jokes to catch up with him. 

Dulce Sloan was on "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" last Sunday, good to hear her without that persona she wears on the show.  That stuff Klepper does with the MAGA members should get him an award.

7 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Resident Alien (2021)

2 Seasons approx 45 mins per episode.

"RESIDENT ALIEN follows Harry, an alien played by Alan Tudyk (“Rogue One,” “Firefly”) that crash lands on Earth and passes himself off as a small-town human doctor. Arriving with a secret mission to kill all humans, Harry starts off living a simple life… but things get a bit rocky when he’s roped into solving a local murder and realises he needs to assimilate into his new world. As he does so, he begins to wrestle with the moral dilemma of his mission and asking the big life questions like: “Are human beings worth saving?” and “Why do they fold their pizza before eating it?”

Watched and quite entertaining.

Think 'Mork & Mindy' ???? but with a plot, sort of.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

I downloaded and watched a new movie last night called, "Vesper" and despite the fact it could have turned out into something special, IMO, that didn't happen! However I did manage to watch it through until the end, although I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, but as we all know, "different strokes for different folks" so others may well find it okay.

The Body in the Bag

RAR

A senior cop reckons it wasn't murder.
OK.....

Summary: The Body in the Bag will take a deep dive into the mysterious story around the death of Gareth Williams.

In August 2010, Gareth Williams, a GCHQ employee on a 3-year secondment to MI6, was found dead inside a padlocked duffel bag in the bath of his London flat.

A post-mortem examination carried out by a Home Office pathologist was unable to determine the cause of death, but two years later, a coroner ruled that it was likely Williams had been unlawfully killed – but with no sign of struggle in his flat, and a lack of forensic evidence, the Met Police believe Gareth acted alone.

This case has become one of the biggest unsolved mysteries in recent British history, and even now, twelve years after Williams' death, the public are still waiting for answers as to what happened to the 31-year-old codebreaker who had been branded a genius since childhood.

Through interviews with police, MPs, and forensic scientists – as well as archive and detailed reconstruction - this documentary will re-examine the case in a bid to get to the bottom of the events that led to Williams’ untimely death; did he act alone or were shadowy forces involved?

Edited by Will27
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm currently watching season 1 of The Lincoln Lawyer. Set in Los Angeles, it's about a lawyer who runs his law practice out of the back of his Lincoln Town Car. The series is based on Michael Connelly's bestselling novels. It's pretty good so far and worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13833978/

If you haven't seen the movie yet, that was decent:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1189340/?ref_=vp_vi_tt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm currently watching season 1 of The Lincoln Lawyer. Set in Los Angeles, it's about a lawyer who runs his law practice out of the back of his Lincoln Town Car. The series is based on Michael Connelly's bestselling novels. It's pretty good so far and worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13833978/

Yes thoroughly enjoyed it awaiting a season 2.

• Like 2

I watched a British made thriller last night called, "I Came By" and it was pretty good, although I had to look online to get the ending explained, because I didn't think it was that clear, but then again, perhaps that's just me!!!

• Thanks 2

Just finished watching Un Asunto Privado (A Private Affair) on Amazon Prime.

An eight part Spanish crime, (with a bit of comedy) series. Dubbed into English.

Starring Jean Reno, and Aura Garrido.

She reminds me a bit of a young Julie Andrews.

Marina Quiroga, a daring upper-class girl with a detective's soul, sets off to catch the serial killer that has been terrorizing her town with her faithful butler Hector's help.

Quite good.

Edited by phetphet