Norwegian man files complaint to Sattahip police against his Cambodian “girlfriend” after being allegedly ripped off for nearly 200,000-baht for false marriage promises

webfact

Hey fellow posters let’s not laugh too hard, too many men have been caught in the same way. Some have been lucky and learned a lesson , others have decided to join the “flying clubs “  as frequently reported.

He would be wise to drop all actions and move to another country in the area, live and learn, not really a large sum to pay for the lesson.

• Like 2

This particular police station is a bye-word for ineptitude and corruption even here in Thailand. My wife was fiddled out of 15K by one officer who promised to make my next year's visa 'difficult'.  Meanwhile a friend has been subjected to a vendetta of false accusations by a neighbour who 'owns' an officer there; four visits from several officers.  Another friend had an appointment with a high ranking officer who had failed to sign papers.  Arriving on time on the appointed date, he was told the officer had gone shopping in Bangkok with his daughter. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, itsari said:

I think you as a Norwegian has more appropriate reasons to be ashamed about .

Making an agreement with somebody concerning money is not stupid . It needs Thai people  to understand that foreigners are not open fodder for stealing from.

However, it was not a Thai person that took him to the cleaners but his Cambodian GF. 

8 minutes ago, itsari said:

I think you as a Norwegian has more appropriate reasons to be ashamed about .

Making an agreement with somebody concerning money is not stupid . It needs Thai people  to understand that foreigners are not open fodder for stealing from.

Really, what did she do? He gave her money, she got cold feet, where is the crime? If you came to a police station in Norway with this accuse, you would not have a case. Im positive it would have been dismissed. 

• Like 1