GPO Sells ATKs at B35 Apiece

snoop1130

1-12-768x511.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 14 (TNA) – The Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) on Friday started selling the first lot of 3 million antigen test kits at their cost price of 35 baht per kit at eight GPO stores.

The selling of ATKs will resume next Monday to Wednesday. Each box containing 20 pieces costs 700 baht.

GPO had a stock of 3 million ATKs and bought 3.5 million more ATKs, which would be delivered by 1 million kits a week.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-861828

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-01-14

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

These test kits and vaccines should be free in countries like Thailand where incomes are modest , to say the least . So now we have  profiteering from an important test kit that can help stop the spread of the virus . If retailing at 95 baht , that money can be enough to buy food to feed a small family .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, rbkk said:

All the 8 stores are in Bangkok. Tough luck to the rest of the country.

Pity GPO doesn't stand for General Post Office which is what I thought when I read the headline. Now that would be useful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Partenavia said:

anyone who believes that only 8000 people a day are being infected needs to get a reality check.

I honestly dont think anyone believes the nonsense published figures, especially the generals with their noses in the trough who are responsible for the charade of a government and their daily effluent releases.

22 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

The one thing that comes to my mind:

"Where does all this infected medical waste go?"  ????

The same place as our face masks, that can have active virus on them if we are positive.

In the regular bin.

This pandemic lead to a huge disposal of plastic/rubber/aluminum in the regular bin, and time will tell if that is a problem or not.

14 hours ago, Partenavia said:

It doesn't encourage people to get tested when you have to pay for every test, especially when income is so low. The testing regime is a complete farce, anyone who believes that only 8000 people a day are being infected needs to get a reality check.

Or they need a quick course on sample testing.....

My Mrs wants me to buy another test today... apparently now they are 95 baht.

The large queue of positives at Banglamung hospital might tell us the real infection numbers in the region..... unless there is some great insurance scam going on... one never can be sure here. 

17 hours ago, Partenavia said:

It doesn't encourage people to get tested when you have to pay for every test, especially when income is so low. The testing regime is a complete farce, anyone who believes that only 8000 people a day are being infected needs to get a reality check.

Does it really matter to you whether 8 thousand or 800 thousand people are infected, if most of them have no symptoms. Yes they can transmit, so more people with no symptoms. Big deal.

What matters to me is that yesterday just 9 people are reported dead with/from Covid, or about 15% of those dead on the road.

17 hours ago, Virt said:

The same place as our face masks, that can have active virus on them if we are positive.

In the regular bin.

This pandemic lead to a huge disposal of plastic/rubber/aluminum in the regular bin, and time will tell if that is a problem or not.

I dispose of mine by cutting them up, and placing them 10-20 at a time in a sealed transparent bag so in principle they can be handled properly. Not sure what happens, but at least not in the regular bin.

Also, the virus on a surface has a limited life time, I suppose by the time the garbage is handled it is ineffective.

But yes,there must be a definite increase of medical waste. Think of European countries where they do a million tests a day!

3 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I just paid 100 baht for a HIP bio tech kit at my local pharmacy here in Isaan.

Just ordered a box of 20 Birmingham Biotech (UK) through Lazada for 1300 Baht delivered = About 65 Baht each.

Just to add: All the printed information within the package appears to be in English.

Edited by bdenner
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I'm starting to see test kits being washed up on the beaches, along with face masks (in their hundreds), and (mostly empty) ampules and syringes (often with the needles still attached).  Really quite disgusting and potentially dangerous...

now the fish will get covid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 6:30 PM, rbkk said:

All the 8 stores are in Bangkok. Tough luck to the rest of the country.

You could hop on the plane and fly to Bangkok, and then back, to buy your ATK kit (probably limited to 1 box per person) or pay some Lazada/Shopee seller to make 100% profit and forward it to you.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I'm starting to see test kits being washed up on the beaches, along with face masks (in their hundreds), and (mostly empty) ampules and syringes (often with the needles still attached).  Really quite disgusting and potentially dangerous...

Where is that? I think that's serious enough to start investigating where this came from. There must be some markings on those things (syringes, ampules) that could be traced back to origin. Whoever dumped them to sea should be severely penalised.

1 hour ago, sungod said:

You can mail order

You can order online (From 17th Jan?) a week after it has already been on sale in Bangkok. Previously posted here was the image of the website saying sold out, waiting for new stock, whilst actually it was available and being sold at 8 stores only in Bangkok.

1 minute ago, rbkk said:

Previously posted here was the image of the website saying sold out, waiting for new stock,

How can then be sold out when they haven't started selling them online yet?

49 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

You could hop on the plane and fly to Bangkok, and then back, to buy your ATK kit (probably limited to 1 box per person) or pay some Lazada/Shopee seller to make 100% profit and forward it to you.

Exactly why it should have been made available at their online site at the same time as their stores, rather than stating it was sold out; please try later., whilst actually selling the stock to the Bangkok area only.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rbkk said:

You can order online (From 17th Jan?) a week after it has already been on sale in Bangkok. Previously posted here was the image of the website saying sold out, waiting for new stock, whilst actually it was available and being sold at 8 stores only in Bangkok.

I'll tell you what, send me your address and I'll do all the work for you.

I think a little self help is needed at times rather than the perpetual moan.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, bbko said:

How can then be sold out when they haven't started selling them online yet?

Their online store ran out of the previous stock and they have now received a new order, which is cheaper, but have decided to only sell it in Bangkok not online until tomorrow. Some would say that seems like preferential treatment.

Edited by rbkk

7 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Their online store ran out of the previous stock and they have now received a new order, which is cheaper, but have decided to only sell it in Bangkok not online until tomorrow. Some would say that seems like preferential treatment.

Or maybe its as simple as its the weekend and the guys who will be dealing with the mail orders wont be back until Monday?