Marijuana latest: Prosecutors to meet with NCB board tomorrow; Anutin has final say on drug's legality

webfact

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah I think someone effed up.

They struck hemp and cannabis from the Narcotics code in Category 5 but forgot to modify the underlying lists, to legalize stems, shoots, leaves, plants 0.2% THC, and keep THC (flowers/buds/Nugs) on the list.

(5)category V consists of narcotics which are not included in category I to category IV such as
marijuana, kratom plant. (16)

Oops.

The Psychotropics Act defines and prohibits THC, so there's that.

meet with NCB board tomorrow

watching-popcorn.gif

"I got stoned and I missed it!"  ????

5 hours ago, CLW said:

Yeah, right. You know you can drink yourself to death but there has been no documented death from cannabis use.

Alcohol is a cell toxin.

And I would rather hire someone that is stoned than drunk....

Cannabis has been medically proven to be good for you. Alcohol has been medically proven to be bad for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The old druggies excuse rises every time.

No mention of the fact that cannabis leads to lots of mental issues and is a pretty good way for someone to become a schizophrenic.

Then there are stoned people driving big trucks etc.

Of course, it is all soooo totally safe. Until someone is killed by a pot head.

you talk like it's legal to get high and drive.

In the USA it's still illegal to drive impaired,  doesn't matter if it's drugs (legally prescribed) or alcohol you're going to be in trouble.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The old druggies excuse rises every time.

No mention of the fact that cannabis leads to lots of mental issues and is a pretty good way for someone to become a schizophrenic.

Of course, it is all soooo totally safe. Until someone is killed by a pot head.

Killed 'by' a pot head or killed as a result of recreational pot use by a 'pot head'. 

Despite the best efforts of the nonsensical anti cannabis hysterics they are hard pressed to find, in over a thousand years recorded use of cannabis much damage  done. Certainly  not enough to warrant the war on drugs created by Richard Nixon. The war on drugs has created more damage to individuals, families, communities and society than the drugs themselves. Like the alcohol prohibition in the 30s the cannabis prohibition creates a corrupt mafia class whose wealth destabilises the police, the penal system and the political ssystem.The war on drugs has been responsible for over half a million  deaths of innocent civilians in Mexico  alone.

• Like 2

Less than 0.20% THC is almost impossible if speaking of most weed growing naturally or under fake lights.

In that case you would talk about some specific extract already where they focus on mostly CBD (which is hard to find with high CBD levels, except some strains in Congo) and not what you get straight from most plants (4% THC or higher), likely always be above that amount and thus stay illegal? 

Guess the only potential benefit is that as long you are not caught with stash, and just tested positive in the system, it can be non issue (with or without a easy to get medicinal license).

Seems the law needs to be rewritten already when they finally understand above in 10 years. For one because some medicinal purposes do require a high THC percentage.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

If cannabis normalization helped wean the younger folks off meth that would be a huge win.

Older folk might be weaned off of Alcohol too, but, that will never happen, Alcohol, responsible for so much social problem, violence, crime, drunk driving, Alcoholism etc etc.

Millions die each and every year, but nothing is done.

Then there are cigarettes, in the modern world how do people still smoke them when they know all the downsides, it's madness, but still they smoke.

Alcohol and Tobacco, 2 drugs that kill about 8,500,000 people each and every year, according to WHO, freely available at a shop near you, it's sheer lunacy.

Governments will tell you that they ban drugs that are harmful to society, they make them illegal to protect the citizens, it's BS, they don't care about the individual, they only care about the bottom line, how much can they make by taxing them.

Alcohol I can understand the appeal, but Cigarettes, now that's a thing that amazes me and smokers should be jailed immediately for gross stupidity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

Older folk might be weaned off of Alcohol too

I was focused on illegal drugs, some of which negatively impact thai society far more than cannabis would.

Alcohol and tobacco, legal as they are, are another, different discussion.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:56 AM, Broken Record said:

They should release them and many others who are in Jail for being too poor to get a lawyer or pay people off.

Thai Jails were not built for the rich and influential. Many people are in Jail for what westerners would see as unbelievable reasons, putting a like on a Facebook post etc.

Lives ruined so the corrupt and staggeringly wealthy can continue their lifestyle without condemnation, the LAW here can be baffling at times.

Laws are made to protect those with wealth and power, the poorer section of society have no say, cannot express opinions unless of course they are favorable.

They watch on whilst the fabulously wealthy continue in their lavish lifestyles in silence.

The antiquated legal system in Thailand seems incredible to a westerner, 15 years for expressing an opinion, unless that opinion is favorable the masses are under constant pressure, defamation laws are made to protect the very people who should surely take some of those jail places.

Laws are made by the few to protect the few.

Fully agree, plus the fact that the Thai laws are worded so very vaguely as to be interpreted differently at each case where it might be beneficial. The Interpretation is done by the RTP who then leave the case for the prosecution. It is extremely rare that it is changed in court.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 4:22 PM, Tropicalevo said:

personally i think weed should be a requirement to drive
a stoned driver is the most cautious driver on the road
as they whiz down the road at 5mph????

Edited by patman30
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2022 at 8:19 AM, bkk6060 said:

I would much rather see people drinking then pot heads.

Smoking weed creates a totally waste of life and time.

I bet weed in Treetown is a potential pot heads dream.

The U.S is an example, no body want to work anymore just get stoned care about nothing and let the world pass by.

You really have no Idea what you are talking about do you ? 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 1:18 PM, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

I have used high THC cannabis oil to treat my cancer for many years.

I cannot say with certainty if it has helped but since I'm still around 15 years after being diagnosed as "high risk" I will continue using the oil whether it is technically illegal to do so or not. Hemp oil low in THC is useless for this purpose.

Therefore, I would urge the government to decriminalize marijuana high in THC for medicinal use as a first step.

Personally, I would also prefer social use to be legalized and those in jail for drug offences to be released immediately. The money saved could be used to set up clinics to help those dependent on drugs.

I have not personally found marijuana to be addictive, where nicotine in tobacco definitely is. Took me many months to wean myself off tobacco.

Me Too    I've smoked weed for 40+ years  and I'm not addicted,  and even if I am   so what  

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 3:27 AM, webfact said:

Prosecutors will be presenting their case for the complete removal of ganja from the narcotics list and allowing its medical use when they meet with the Narcotics Control Board main commitee tomorrow.

Tuesday's "tomorrow" has come and gone. Are there any news about the outcome of the meeting of the prosecutors with the Narcotics Control Board?

P.S. Got it. It is here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1247509-a-step-closer-to-decriminalisation-of-cannabis-and-hemp-in-thailand/?do=getNewComment

Edited by Puccini
Added postscript
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2022 at 6:06 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

Caught with cannabis? What's the judicial punishment; death by stoning? ????

Section 76 Any person who, in violation of Section 26, possesses narcotics of category V shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to a fine not exceeding one hundred thousand baht or to both.

NARCOTICS ACT
B.E. 2522 (1979)

The "Punishments" section of this act takes up seven plus pages.

And there is another Act, Psychotropics Act, which also covers cannabis (THC specifically) with its own punishments. (Although this act is probably not used to solo users, small growers.)

• Haha 1