THAI looking to resume most routes by end of April, return to ‘normalcy’ by mid-year

webfact

They certainly need to start thinking about ramping up.  Nobody can predict what will happen but it's becoming more likely that this is indeed the end of the pandemic.  How fast it comes back is anyone's guess.  

The time frame is far too fast I think.  Of course what the hell do I know or any one of us?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just flew back to London on Thai. It was a lot busier than the last one I took in November., but still not full. Mainly tourists heading home from holiday, but a lot of Thais on board as well.

It does have one advantage in being the only direct flight to the UK at the moment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

And a huge thank you Thai people for the massive injection of free money.....

Never made public and no-one fired....the scam flies on forever!!

If they fix what is wrong the flow of funds stop it is a government airline that means it a black hole,  it like a pothole in the road keep filling it with sand. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Airways is looking to resume most of its international routes by the end of April, high level sources in the company told Thai Enquirer on Monday.

So what will that mean for inbound travelers?

Back to normal or still have the rediculous hurdles and impositions to navigate.

Also does that mean all establishments can expect to open as normal without restrictions?

Land borders open?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I'll avoid THAI wherever possible.

Too many stories of them not refunding cancelled flights from last year. Difficult to trust them after that. I find EVA much better.

Has Taiwan opened there borders, the last time I tried EVA they were not flying

Sure, just go ahead into normality. Wondering, where the cockpit crews kept their minimum flying hours up and running over the last two years. 

So, for those who are still waiting for eventual refunds - take the jump, all the others have the choice!