I had 2 AZ and 2 PF. When do I need a booster?

pauleddy

See article below from the Seattle Times. It points out that while some people have had 5th shots, they have only been able to do so by lying about their previous vaccinations and could theoretically be sued by vaccine providers for lying - although as it also says that would be unlikely.

Some people are getting fourth, fifth COVID vaccine shots

• Like 1

Once you had pf you should not take az. All within such short 3 months. 
Dont take anything until end of year. 
there should be 2nd generation coming within the next few months. But you dont have to rush. 
before jabbing do tell dr about all previous ones. 

i got 2 pf in thailand. In january i had full moderna (they didnt habe half dose). Now my european vax application doesnt allow me any further jabs. 
just recently they have integrated thai and EU vax systems, so now they know about my pf and wont allow anymore

I have a similar problem. I had 2xAZ, the last one on 2 Nov 2021. Then in Jan I ordered a moderna booster privately costing 1659 baht, but do not yet have an appt but hospital says I can delay it to until 2 April max when I get it. In the meantime I registered for a free govt Pf booster with appt on 24 Feb. So what do I do - get an early Pf and scrap the Moderna, or maybe even sell the appt., or scrap the Pf and wait for the Moderna which is a more effective booster than Pf after AZ.  Or do I have both - the Pf on 24 Feb and Moderna on 2 April? Can that be dangerous?

Edited by Card

There really in no specific time frame on booster. Just really speculation.
Right now they are saying you should wait six to nine months to get boosters.  
I received two Sinovac June and July  of last year with a four week span. Against my better judgment.  Then in mid August I managed to get a booster of Pfizer.  I took it  based on the recommendation of one of my doctors.  Because of the low protection rate of Sinovac.  
This week I wil get a booster of Moderna which I paid for ,since it has been six months. My doctor said to hold off with any more boosters after this.  So I will see what is the going medical opinion six to nine months after that. 

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

Once you had pf you should not take az. All within such short 3 months. 
Dont take anything until end of year. 
there should be 2nd generation coming within the next few months. But you dont have to rush. 
before jabbing do tell dr about all previous ones. 

i got 2 pf in thailand. In january i had full moderna (they didnt habe half dose). Now my european vax application doesnt allow me any further jabs. 
just recently they have integrated thai and EU vax systems, so now they know about my pf and wont allow anymore

Are you a doctor? Why are you giving medical advice??

Moderna has a handy chart. I think Moderna and Pfizer are similar enough in composition that Moderna's chart can be used as guidance for Pfizer, as well. 

Moderna says...... 

* Received 2 Sinopharm or Sinovac shots, wait 3 to 6 months for booster. 

* Received 2 Astra shots, wait 3 to 6 Months for booster. 

* Received 1 Sinovac or Sinopharm shot and 1 Astra shot (my situation, Sinovac), wait 3 to 6 Months for booster. (Mid-March, I'm boosting with the Moderna I paid for in July! 555) 

* Received 2 Pfizer shots, wait AT LEAST 6 months for booster. (United States originally had this 6-month recommendation, but lower it to 5 months). 

* Received 1 Astra plus 1 Pfizer or Moderna, wait AT LEAST 6 months for booster. 

Thus, it appears if you've had at least one mRNA type shot, you should wait at least  5 to 6 Months for an mRNA booster. (5 months by current US-CDC guidelines.) 

---------

I think we all know that with any drug, there is such a thing as an overdose.  Sometimes, too much can be significantly more dangerous than none at all!

These vaccines, being relatively new, there's still a lot we don't know concerning what happens when working outside established, prescribed, tested parameters. 

If the OP got a full dose of one and a full dose of another, technically, they got overdosed (but it sounds like they did it to themselves). They seem to have come through it okay, though (as far as we know! 555)

Based on Moderna's mRNA guidelines, they shouldn't get a "booster" for at least 6 months after receiving the 2nd Pfizer shot.

My guess.... and it's ONLY a guess!.... is that since the 2nd shot Pfizer "overdose" didn't do any harm immediately, a Pfizer or Moderna mRNA "booster" after the appropriate minimum 6 month waiting period won't do any harm, either. 

Lastly I'll say:

Getting fully vaccinated a second time shortly after being vaccinated a first time suggests a high degree of impatience. When dealing with drugs---especially drugs we still don't know a lot about---don't do that!  Just take it easy! 

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
Text seems to have changed in the middle, but I cannot fathom why!