It's A Goodbye From Him and A Goodbye From Me

Havenstreet1940

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's sad. some don't need to pay B10,000 for regular sex.

True, they pay millions building homes buying vehicles they later have to  walk away from.????

I must have been doing it all wrong, I have three ex-wives and it's only the British one that cost me a home, cars and cash!   

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well said but that won't go down well, here!  Actual statistics and facts are not appreciated by the majority of Thai-bashing members whose preference is for myths, anecdotal hearsay and unjustified speculation!

Based on your figure of 3.3% that's 1842 who have tested postive in the first 10 days of February if the figure of 55823 arrivals is correct..

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not even vaguely attractive?   I bet she's way more attractive at her age than many Kennel Club-qualifying Thailand expats' wives!   

And I'm, obviously, not referring to Thaivisa members' wives, they're all still stunning.

I had a look at her photos, and removed the 'not vaguely attractive' part before you quoted me.

She's not that bad for an older 'post wall' white woman.

But I'd still prefer someone a bit younger and not bigger than me.

And I'd expect something more attractive for $38B.

Edited by BritManToo

It must be so hard on both you and your wife being apart, and maybe for a long long time and all over a few thousand Baht.

I think that I can speak for many of us, I’m sure that we don’t want that for the both of you so surely we can organise a little collection for you.

On question, <deleted> are you going back to the UK?

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

No hysteria on my part, I made this decision in the cool light of day.   I say again, Day 1 and Day 5 tests are unnecessary and providing you have had 3 doses, as I have, Omicron is nothing more than a bad cold.     Watch John Campbell who is theonly one talking sense,in my opinion.

Anyone deciding against coming back over a couple of tests and the very small risk of testing positive cannot want to come back very much. John Campbell has nothing to do with Thailand and is not even a medical Dr.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

We can only hope this is the start of the new after covid, and Thailand soon announce the same

Updated February 12, 2022.

No testing, no quarantining, no registration! As of February 12, 2022, all COVID-19 entry requirements have been lifted for all travellers to Norway.

It is now super easy to travel to Norway, and we have lots of space! Spectacular outdoor adventures, ski slopes, and plenty of indoor kos await this winter, and summer is just around the corner! 

Other restrictions have also been lifted. You do not need to wear a face mask anywhere in the country, and social distancing rules have also been lifted. Social and cultural life is now back to normal: all bars, restaurants, and museums are open, and you can attend all kinds of events, such as concerts and conferences. 

What happens if you get COVID?

If you are infected with COVID-19, it is recommended that you isolate yourself for 4 days. Although there is no longer a testing requirement, it is recommended that adults with symptoms test themselves. Note that this does not apply to children. 

https://www.visitnorway.com/plan-your-trip/coronavirus-and-travelling-to-norway/

Oh, if only other governments were as enlightened as Norway's. Of course the control loving will no doubt be wailing that it's the end of the world, but better to go out with a bang than a whimper, IMO. If I'd had my druthers that's the way it would have been from the beginning. Sweden- right on!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, if only other governments were as enlightened as Norway's. Of course the control loving will no doubt be wailing that it's the end of the world, but better to go out with a bang than a whimper, IMO. If I'd had my druthers that's the way it would have been from the beginning. Sweden- right on!

More and more are. Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, Netherlands, GB have already or are about to cancel all restrictions.

You're right. For the hysterics this will be the end of the world. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I consider it well worth 10,000bht for access to regular sex.

Obviously some guys are happy to do it themselves.

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's so sad. some don't need to pay B10,000 for regular sex.

True Yorkshire man here and managed to negotiate it to around Bht.  1399 (depending on exchange rate) for irregular sex.  When I say irregular I mean she says 'its out of order'.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I must have been doing it all wrong, I have three ex-wives and it's only the British one that cost me a home, cars and cash!   ......

That's so sad. some don't need to pay B10,000 for regular sex.

Edited 4 hours ago by Liverpool Lou

So you lived with 2 wives rent free, with free transportation, free meals, free internet

AND you got free sex from them on top of all that.  Now that is something!  

Am defending the great BritManToo, as he is one of my heros 555

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

For some I wonder which is better: Having great sex or being able to tell everybody (whether they want to hear or not) that you are having great sex.

I've only managed to have average sex, but fairly frequent average sex.

Which IMHO is better than great but infrequent sex, and wayyyy better than no sex at all (good or bad).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

My plan was to return to my wife in Issan at the beginnining of May, however, because I do not want to be a victim of the 'money making trap' instituted by the Thai Government in collaboration with the Private hospitals, involving the unnecessary Day 1 and Day 5 RT-PCR tests

How can you just walk away from your wife, won't you miss her?

What's the big deal about getting a couple of tests? 

There is no way I will return to Australia under current rules, because I am too old and have pre-existing conditions which make getting the mandated insurance impossible, even though none of those conditions are expected by the medicos to kill me.

If I was to leave, and not be able to return, the distress my Thai GF would feel would be unbearable for us both.

I'm staying put, Thailand is my home until someone throws me out, or I die here. I can think of worse places to be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There is no way I will return to Australia under current rules, because I am too old and have pre-existing conditions which make getting the mandated insurance impossible, even though none of those conditions are expected by the medicos to kill me.

If I was to leave, and not be able to return, the distress my Thai GF would feel would be unbearable for us both.

I'm staying put, Thailand is my home until someone throws me out, or I die here. I can think of worse places to be.

At least it's hot in Oz. The UK is a miserable place to be in the winter, spring, autumn, and half the summer.  The only reason I want to go back is to visit my mother. I haven't seen her for 4 years, which was in Melbourne. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've only managed to have average sex, but fairly frequent average sex.

Which IMHO is better than great but infrequent sex, and wayyyy better than no sex at all (good or bad).

Sometimes I have indifferent sex, sometimes it is very good. IMO it's not coincidence the very good sex happens when I have taken my GF along for the ride, if you get my drift.

If it's only about your own satisfaction, easier to buy one of those life-size dolls and some KY.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

At least it's hot in Oz. The UK is a miserable place to be in the winter, spring, autumn, and half the summer.  The only reason I want to go back is to visit my mother. I haven't seen her for 4 years, which was in Melbourne. 

My son is in Melbourne, we talk via meeting software such as DUO or ZOOM. LINE is too flaky.

He would much rather come and visit me, which he did several times pre-COVID.