Thailand launches new scheme to help COVID-19 patients avoid hospital stay

snoop1130

The only difference now is ark instead of pcr. 
since june the last year, at the end of the uk variant and beginning of delta, hospitals were over stretched and were not admitting even serious cases. Some people died at home. All of them were diagnosed and supplied with medicines, also food and health volunteers were taking their daily temperature and monitoring symptoms. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is  nothing more than Theatre... someone is making money from the ‘health packages they send out’... 

This is what they send... but here is the ‘kicker’... it takes about 5-6 days for the ‘package’ to arrive (and that was in central Bangkok). 

My wife and son had mild symptoms, tested positive....   so reported to the Covid hotline and were told to stay at home and isolate. About 4 days later, they were over their symptoms completely... A Dr. Called them, asked them questions and send the package arrived a day or two later. 

The gloves and mask, hand sanitiser, thermometer, O2 monitor, electrolyte powder.

Bromhexan - Antiphlegm  /  a yellow something (no idea). 

The only useful med is the Favipiravir - but that is useful when taken early on as an antiviral... its far less effective when symptoms are in full swing so time is of the essence.

Essentially the care packages is utterly useless because its not sent out immediately....  But, people love free stuff... ‘hearts & minds’ !!!  

IMG_9158.jpg

Much much more easier on the soul to ignore all of the silliness, Richard. 

Live one's protest and pass it on. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mommysboy said:

My household is stricken with covid.  If I didn't know any different I'd think it was a cold, or perhaps strep throat.

Maybe mild in clinical terms, but symptoms can be a bit harsh though.

I remember Swine Flu. I was struck down with that and it was much worse than Covid...

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

If found to be infected, after taking a rapid antigen test, doctors will provide medications, such as Favipiravir, Fah Talai Jone Thai herbal medicine or others, depending on the symptoms exhibited, such as a fever, a cough or a runny nose. The scheme is expected to begin nationwide on March 1st.

Why would they have been admitted to hospital before?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

doctors will provide medications, such as Favipiravir, Fah Talai Jone Thai herbal medicine

Are they serious? Either you get a reasonably effective medicine developed scientifically by the Japanese, or you may as well go and buy a more powerful amulet, lol.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

My daughter (16) went down with it yesterday. Basically it is like a bad cold. Mild fever, blocked nose, sore throat and a cough, bringing up "gunk".

She was despatched to a converted "resort" near to the local hospital where they have put her in a two person room, where she will stay for ten days. She looks western, and has a western name. They were in the process of hitting me for a big sum when I produced her Thai ID card. They were most disappointed!

I expect I will have it in a few days. I will treat myself at home if possible. I have insurance but don't trust it to pay out!

Home isolation is best id go that route too if possible. I would make sure I was not tested. 

Omicron can be bad, my SIL had it badly but the other people in the family did not. Id rather not get it as she was the most healthy and strongest of the lot and got it worst. So being healthy and in shape and so on is not always helpful. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, madmitch said:

I've had a headache, tiredness, sore throat, dry throat, light-headedness and a blocked nose at different times.

Can you imagine the cocktail of drugs they'd be providing?

The one symptom that doesn't appear to be that prevalent with omicron is a fever, which basically makes all the temperature checks a total waste of time!

Nevertheless, this is a step in the right direction.

I’m not so sure about the fever part..

Wife, Son, In-laws all recently had Covid-19 (all tested ATK positive).

Symptoms were sore throat and moderate fever (not serious or concerning) which lasted about 24 hrs.

Symptoms developed into a phlegmy cough & persist after testing ATK negative a week later. 

• Like 1