Department of Employment issues reminder about jobs in Thailand prohibited to foreigners

webfact

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Sounds great in theory, but the day they say its ok to work as a volunteer, is the day it will be abused. Work for tips, a gift from the employer each week etc.

Well, vollenteers also illegal.... us navy dont have work permits....  go on....  jump on you chinese <deleted> class subs you never bought and go arrest them........ 

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes they are.  You think a Thai person can go on holiday to UK or American and then get a job there or start their own business?  

Hope they never apply for government planners or accountants in outside world.... 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Someone needs to drag Thailand into the 21st century 

Good luck with that. There's a reason the European powers decided to not colonize them... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I wonder if Thai people overseas are barred from certain professions and treated with bias and prejudice as foreigners are here...

Unless they have a work permit, they can't work in any profession in any country. Thailand is the special case because it is the only country in the World where foreigners come to find their brides and vast majority marry prostitute brides to live off of their "marriage visa"

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

My best friend took back his wife to my european country around 20

mainly to get the daughter to attend and learning (proper) school,

without any <deleted>, like here. The wife had no problems what so ever,

to get a job. In fact, she had 3 works, every day!

Of course, she went into the wall (so to speak), because she thought

that she could handle it. But the girl is integrated in the country,

with citizenship, and so are the wife. Why does this not working

in this country, where you are not permitted to do work, no matter what?

It`s up to Thai government to try and do the same thing,

meaning that the treaty between 2 countries should be similar,

making it easy for both sides. Sadly, Thailand is 50 years

behind other countries. Oh well, as you make your bed, you lay!

Pay the prize. It will bite your ass eventually!

Cheers!

• Like 1

I can't help but notice that Thai Massage makes it on the list at place 20.....Does that mean that Swedish Massage or any other non Thai massage., for that matter, is allowed ? ???? 

Just now, alyx said:

I can't help but notice that Thai Massage makes it on the list at place 20.....Does that mean that Swedish Massage or any other non Thai massage., for that matter, is allowed ? ???? 

If you skip the "special" ending, you could probably get a permit to operate a Swedish massage.

• Haha 2

It would be relevant that we all remind the Thai authorities of the freedom on many fronts that Thais enjoy in the UK/US an EU etc. and the rights that come with it. You are all lucky that reciprocity is not yet a factor in the relationship between elsewhere and Thailand... but you never know.

I would bet that every high-ranking government oppressor here has an apartment in Paris/London/Berlin/New York or such place and feels quite smug... that they can go to if it goes south. 

Bunch of bar stewards. And for all the apologists, why shouldn't it be a two-way street? So many times we hear the the one-way stuff... BS to that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

If you skip the "special" ending, you could probably get a permit to operate a Swedish massage.

Oh my, I am confused.....checked again...."Happy/special ending" is not included in the list either

That makes two authorised "practices" for foreigners 

4 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

I wanna know much much  more  a bout the Hobby Level Mattress Store !

LOL - - We've got a showroom in front of the house where we can display 3 to 5 beds at different prices levels. (Cheapest = 2,900baht/6 ft. Most expensive = 7,700baht/6 ft.)

The "store" is almost never really "open," except when I occasionally go in there to read a book in the peace and quiet. Then I'll throw the electric OPEN sign on, and throw open the doors. 

Mostly, people who drive by every day will see our 1.5m x 1m vinyl banner-sign advertising beds for sale. Eventually, when they're finally thinking about beds, they'll stop by to see what's up.

Since we're almost never "open," they just call the phone number on the sign. We'll come open her up, especially for them! 555

We sell an average of 4 to 8 mattresses a month this way, with very little actual time commitment. On a slower month, it'll bring in around 5,000 baht profit. On a little busier month, it might be 10-12,000 baht. It's not a ton of money,  but we do almost nothing for it. All we do is have a colorful, medium-sized sign along the highway in front, and let them into the showroom when someone calls. 555

We've invested in an inventory of about 30,000 baht, at cost, just so we can say, "Do you want it now? We've got it!"

But the alternative is putting that money in the bank at a whopping 2 1/2% per annum, versus the roughly 25% per month we make on that money, now. 

So yeah, it's really more a hobby than a business. But it's a hobby that pays pretty well for the little time we actually put into it. 555

Ergo: A hobby-level Mattress Store!*

Cheers! 

* (Yeah, yeah, I know. You hoped it'd be something MUCH more intriguing than that! Sorry! 555)

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
Uniformity
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

If you cough and get caught, you get deported. If you sneeze and get caught, you get deported. If you yawn and get caught, you get deported.

Welcome to the United States of America. Land of the Free Deported.

If you cough, sneeze and yawn at the same time, you get a Green Card and stand for Congress.

• Thanks 1

Guest Isaanlife

Thai's do not want to see any foreigners excelling at something, they themselves, cannot.

How dare you think you can move to Thailand and earn more money than us!

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I thought this was about prohibited occupations?  No one has suggested that work permits are unusual or discriminatory.

Prohibited occupations are as normal as work permits, they go hand in hand.  See my previous post where I showed all the UK permitted and prohibited occupations - hair dresser among those prohibited.

5 hours ago, djayz said:

Good luck with that. There's a reason the European powers decided to not colonize them... 

Go on, enlighten us.  Looking forward to some excellent racism.....off you go.

Edited by josephbloggs

3 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

It would be relevant that we all remind the Thai authorities of the freedom on many fronts that Thais enjoy in the UK/US an EU etc. and the rights that come with it. You are all lucky that reciprocity is not yet a factor in the relationship between elsewhere and Thailand... but you never know.

I would bet that every high-ranking government oppressor here has an apartment in Paris/London/Berlin/New York or such place and feels quite smug... that they can go to if it goes south. 

Bunch of bar stewards. And for all the apologists, why shouldn't it be a two-way street? So many times we hear the the one-way stuff... BS to that.

And while we're at it let's remind ourselves that most people (pre-Covid) can turn up and enjoy 30 days or more in the country with absolutely no hassle.

My wife who I've been married to for 13 years, two kids together, has to answer a very personally intrusive form, provide detailed finances, give a stack of supporting documents, just to be allowed to enter the UK as a tourist.  Would you like that to be reciprocated??

also please be sure to prohibit or try and scare away farangs who want to be a volunteer...FOR FREE...English teacher to help out a local school by letting students meet/hear/learn from a native English speaker...

thousands of bored farangs who could be very helpful ...trade u one year hassle free visa for one year commitment to teach for free ..monitored by local school and if u don't show up and behave  visa is cancelled....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes they are.  You think a Thai person can go on holiday to UK or American and then get a job there or start their own business?  

Not on holiday but once set you can pretty much do what you want. Christ, you can even by land and houses in your name. Yippee! In Thailand, ‘certain professions’ will always be out of reach of ALIENS. But nice try.